Article posted by BR Natalie
Most of our members know that the Beauty Review team is dedicated to bringing New Zealand the best beauty review site possible. Without our members the site just wouldn't exist and so we try to ensure we listen to your opinions, that we reply to every message and give you the freedom to say what you want!
We think Beauty Review is a pretty awesome website, both in look and content and as the product and review database grows we think it's important that we regularly visit our Review Standards and the Reviewing Experience.
How to Place a Review.
- To review a product we've sent you make sure you're logged in to your BR account.
- At the top right hand side of the screen you'll find your BR Inbox - click through to the invite sitting in the inbox - it will contain a link to the product review page. It's important you use the link in your inbox to review a product we've sent you - it's the only way we can guarantee the review will be logged against the trial.
- Rate the product out of 5 on the three areas specified and write your detailed review and any tips you have for the product. You'll then be asked to accept a disclaimer confirming you have personally used the product and your review is genuine.
- You can review any product on the site (that you have personally used) to earn points - simply sign in to your account and locate the product you'd like to review. As long as you are signed in to your account, you'll find the option to review the product underneath the product information on every product listing.
The Moderation Process.
All reviews submitted to Beauty Review will remain unpublished until they've been moderated. If our moderator approves your review, you'll receive an email letting you know your review is now live on the site, and of course you'll receive your Beauty Points.
If your review is decline, you'll receive an email containing a reminder of our Review Standards, and the option to edit your review. You don't have to, but you won't receive any Beauty Points if you don't resubmit it to standard.
For ANY review, follow these basic rules.
- Actually test the product. Swatching an eye colour on the back of your hand at the make up counter isn't going to give you much to say. It won't truly reflect the product, meaning the review won't be fair! Similarly a spritz of perfume over the counter will not be a true test as to how the perfume lasts on you, how it smells on your natural skin, whether you need a body lotion to add oomph the scent etc.
- To really put a product to the test, try it over a few weeks. Note how your lifestyle and day to day activities affect it. Read the product information - does it do what it says it will? Is the product what you expected in consistency, application, texture? Did it last as long as it said it would? For products that specify a time frame (ie. "visibly whiter teeth in 14 days") at least trial it as directed for the time frame.
- Pls dnt use txt spk! Short hand isn't a great way to describe a product to someone who's never used it, and well, it's annoying.
- Keep it clean. Beauty Review has a diverse readership and everyone has a different opinion of what level of expletive is acceptable. If you wouldn't want it to be your child's first word don't use it!
- Don't slander! We value your opinions, but please don't comment on the integrity of a product, brand, company or ingredients unless you can cite references for your information. For example "This product is bad, the ingredients are harmful". Other than scaremongering it provides no real information!
- Don't write a 2 line review just to get points. Beauty Review Points are our way of rewarding you for helping to build the database of reviews. "I didn't like this product. Not for me" isn't going to influence anyone. We're not asking for a novel for every review, but if you really don't have enough of an opinion on a product then you might want to test it for a while longer, or just not bother reviewing it!
- Check before you click post. If you can't understand what you've written no one else will! You might also pick up a few spelling mistakes, over usE OF THE CAPS KEY or......................!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Check your punctuation. If you were taught to start a sentence with a capital, and insert full stops at the end then by all means continue to do so here. Sentences starting with small letters and littered with small "i's" the middle look untidy and well...lazy.
- Don't review a product you haven't used, If a family member is raving about a new product - use your Friends Referral Link and get them to sign up and review it!
One last thing...
We love our members dearly and are grateful for the support, feedback and thousands of great reviews you have already placed on Beauty Review...You're awesome.