Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Plans for the weekend?!

614 posts, 23 members
AboutFace
413 posts
@Trudi both of my girls are doing the online learning and my eldest is doing fractions argh, I had to Google how to do them and still find it tricky. They do what they can and in their downtime they have learnt some new tiktoks lol. It hasn't been easy but we make the best of it. This may sound dumb but where are fractions applied in real life apart from money?
trudijoy
8375 posts
I used to ask when I'd need maths and now I have to manage millions of dollars of subscriptions, invoices and accounts. I still hate it but I'm glad I learned lol
tabucutie
1811 posts
The only time I use any resemblance of fractions is cooking/baking.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ha ha ha AboutFace I can totally relate, we're dealing with algebra, circumferences, radius and diameters at the moment and that's just the middle munchkin lol. 

They are using EP (Education Perfect I think it stands for) and it's really good. I actually enjoy it once I've figured out how to do it. Then when I've worked it out, I can help the munchkins lol. Been a long time since I was at school he he he.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup EP is Education Perfect :). 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maths is done differently from when we were at school anyway so I wouldn't even try to do it. Lol. Apparently there's more than one way to solve things now. Don't ask me as I'm neuro-diverse on that side of things. I can do maths with money but I find anything with numbers very stressful. Don't ask me to remember a phone or account number! Thankfully we don't have to those days. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Any exciting things planned for this weekend? 

Anyone expanded their bubbles? 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Working Saturday think I'll bake on Sunday.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It's just me in my bubble :-) I just saw they are doing pizza deliveries around town on Thursday and Fridays so I am going to order takeout....yay!  My friend had a baby on Monday so I can't wait for a snuggle! No plans really. Eat too much food and watch too much Netflix probably lol.
Kat555
143 posts
I don't think much will change here. Might get out and get some exercise not as close to home for a change! So that will be really nice.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Can't say I'll be up to much. We always have drinks and nibbles on a Saturday night and I might see if a couple of girlfriends want to have a mini cyber party
trudijoy
8375 posts
SLEEPING IN omg.

After the hell week I've had i'm going to defo:

- sleep in
- make Chelsea Winter lockdown loaf
- walk
- nap

I get an early finish today so i'm going to kick off with a walk down the waterfront and then celebrate having an awesome end to the week with a glass of something bubbly
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'll probably spend most of it cooking for the week. Will try and squeeze in some writing and relaxing somewhere too.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Mmmm bubbles, I'm with you Trudi. Jacobs Creek here I come!
trudijoy
8375 posts
this is probably a moet level celebration lol.  I don't have any though, so probs will be Allan Scott Cecelia.

I love me the Jacob's Creek CPN though - and the Lindauer Summer Blush/rose ones! 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Ahhh Moet how I love thee

At Beer Festival each year I park myself next to the Alan Scott tent and drink Cecelia all day hehe

my fav everyday is the Jacobs Creek CPN followed by good old Lindeur Brut :)

Now I'm having cravings ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I can't drink wine unless it is a sweet sparkling like Riccadonna lol. I love cider the best :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Triple figure posts Jackie! Love your work :) 

yeah my brother wants corks for his primary classroom so bubbly helps him hehe 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Appreciate your tastes. Riccadonna and Alan Scott are two of my classic wine choices. Also love Lindauer Fraise for a change.
trudijoy
8375 posts
See my wine tastes are def dry and crisp. I used to like sweet wine but now it's def not my pick! 
MareeB
5244 posts
Me too itsclearascrystal - I love Riccadonna!
MareeB
5244 posts
It'll be sleep in and walk for me too. I hope to get back on my diet and start watching less tele/Netflix. I'm starting to worry about myself with the bad food and couch potato tendancies. Not good at all.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Did anyone see that chick on the news yesterday that wanted the worlds biggest lips? She got 20 injections or something.  Omg it's horrific!
trudijoy
8375 posts
a few things I really recommend  for getting into walking are;

- get some activewear options. It's so bloody comfy that I just wear it all day while working from home and then I'm ready to go walking at all times 

- set a number of goal minutes a day. Mine is 90 but realistically 30 will make a difference. Then work to meet that number. It might be 3 x 10 mins or 2 x 15 and you can build it up

-vary your route and look around you - I've found so many amazing things I had no idea existed in my neighbourhood 

- I carry lip balm and a couple of lollies. I find my lips and mouth dry out fast when walking and those help fix it 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I saw a picture, she looks hideous. I don't understand the 'why' behind those extreme choices 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I agree! I also can't believe someone would actually inject them for her that many times.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I agree, must be some kind of addiction. Id get a little something something done if I had a bit of $$ but nothing silly or too noticable.

If I'm not outside drinking wine and watching bands I'm not remotely an outdoor person. I dont even like opening windows! I use my treadmill 5 times a week for about 50-60 mins a pop but thats it for me!

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have some beautiful places to walk here. We are surrounded by mountains, it was so cool last year looking out the window and seeing snow on them so close! On my usual walk there are 2 adorable donkeys I see everyday lol I always look forward to seeing them
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah surely that many injections is medical malpractice Lisa 
trudijoy
8375 posts
If I was in a house not a one bedroom flat that also has my home office crammed in it I'd 100% buy an elliptical trainer. 

for now, getting outside after hours on my phone line and hunched over my laptop is perfect 
Macs
5351 posts
First day off today . I washed my puppy . Scrubbed his kennel out . Then we laid in bed together watching a netflix movie. I nodded off to sleep for a few hours. Woke up to puppy staring at me lol

Having a quiet bottle now . We're going to take the dogs out for a walk tommorow. Back to work Sunday , monday . Rest of the week off on leave . 

Im worried about my bad eating too Maree . Hope to reset my dieting and walking soon.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Macs what sort of dog is your puppy? Mines going through the horrible teething stage.....bitey bitey
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
A walk if definitely on the cards for me too. On weekdays I always struggle to hit my 10,000 steps, but in the weekend I often double it. Definitely looking forward to exploring more areas of Auckland again, I'd just started getting my head around where places were when this lockdown happened.
Macs
5351 posts
My puppy is a rottweiler. He's in bitey stage too . 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh beautiful Macs! I love rotties! I can't wait for the bitey stage to be over. We are off for an extra long walk today to rid him of excess energy lol.
Kat555
143 posts
Our dog is really old so mostly just sleeps. The kids love him though and he is so good with them. It's going to be hard when he goes! Rotty puppies are the cutest. They just love people so much don't they.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ended up gorgeous here today so I walked from Kohimarama to St Heliers and back, then to Mission Bay and back. It was about 7.5 km, but all flat. 

then I made lockdown loaf, and now I'm meant to be cleaning my house but I'm lying on the couch listening to 90s music lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds like a nice relaxing day Trudi. It was beautiful here too and quite warm! I mowed the lawns ugh and did housework. Just got back from a walk just around the block a few times. Chicken for tea with roasted crumbed cauliflower and a couple roasted brussel sprouts.....yum :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh yum. I'm either making a satay chicken salad with toasted lockdown loaf, or lemon herb pasta.

probably the pasta, not sure if the chickens properly thawed argh 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I slept in a bit, picked up groceries (was great walking straight past the queue that was three lines deep), tried to ignore work emals (then ended up answering them so I could stop thinking about ignoring them lol), went for a walk.

I'm having spaghetti carbonara. Trudi got me onto a super quick and easy recipe for it once and I've never looked back!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I thought about carbonara but I had used the parmesan in the bread lol oops
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've been making Nadia Lims savoury scroll bread.....omg it's soooooo good! Especially warm out of the oven and it looks so pretty lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I put a pic on the photowall so you can see the yumminess 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yum! 

hopefully I get more flour and butter in my grocery order next week. I've ordered them but you can't guarantee anything atm. I really want to make up some savoury mini muffins or scones. And more crumble lol,  obsessed with the crumble atm.

im so glad I'm walking so much with the amount of extra food I keep making.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm out of yeast now lol. 
Haha yea I had to up my walking.  I video called Dad yesterday and he was like omg I've been eating so much baking lmao mums been going nuts not working so been cooking up a storm.
trudijoy
8375 posts
That bread looks yum! I've popped up a pic of four of the best things I've made lately. 

im not sure how much weight I've lost because I don't weigh myself, but my body looks and feels smaller and my clothes fit differently so I guess I'm walking enough for the food lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I planted a purple and white African Daisy (Osteospermum) in our garden this morning, where we'd buried Catty last week. 

I plan to bake date scones either tomorrow or Monday morning.  I finally managed to get a bag of self-raising flour from my local Countdown yesterday.
trudijoy
8375 posts
(I do min 90 mins most days, sometimes split between a few walks. The 'full walk' is at least 90 mins, 10k steps and 7.5 km. I think my longest so far was 11.5km over 2hrs15)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
African Daisy sounds beautiful Silvene. I got a 10kg bag of flour which has lasted me so long :-)
Oh Trudi that lockdown loaf has beer in it? What sort of beer did you use? Seems nice and easy!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it's super easy! I added cheese and chives to my dough and used garlic salt bc I can never stick to a recipe, I always want a twist lol. My topping is parmesan, red onion, ham and chives. 

I used Macs Three Wolves and it was great. Chelsea's said that ironically Corona doesn't work; not sure why. Generally with beer bread beer that's a bit stronger and darker works well, in my experience 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!