Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Plans for the weekend?!

614 posts, 23 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
The pasta in that pic is what I'm making tonight. So good 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hahaha I always divert from the recipe, it really annoys my partner but things always turn out great. Yum your bread sounds like my sort of thing.
Hmmmm we have Macs Miss Conduct in the fridge. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha that's hilarious and weird that Corona doesn't work. I read in the recipe that you can use soda water if need be so it's weird that Corona won't. My Mexican friend would say that's because its a terrible beer that no one should drink anyway lol. It's not very popular in its homeland.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah soda water works too but I feel like you'd need extra salt etc for flavour if it was water. Hilarious that corona doesn't work though, yes. 

I love me some corona beer but have heard from a few Mexican people that they call it 'la cerveza gringa' and mean that disparagingly lol 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well i may or may not have ordered 60 more bulbs... :-D so im gardening to have somewhere to put them!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha yes that's one of the first things I was told on my food tour of Mexico - don't drink Corona. That's for tourists lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Eh just drink tequila ;) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh gawd no. Not a fan of mescal either. One day our lunch was crickets and mescal so I just had the crickets lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I like tequila, never tried mezcal though. 

would defo try crickets!
Kat555
143 posts
Oh my I love Tequila. Actually I LOVE tequila in a margarita. It's my all time favourite cocktail... actually drink! YUM!
AboutFace
413 posts
@Shazatron your garden will look amazing with all those bulbs. I love to garden too it's very satisfying.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I can't drink Tequila because I had too many shots of it at my 21st many many years ago lol and they tried to make me eat the worm.....ugh makes me gag thinking about it!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Now I do like margaritas but tequila on its own. No thank you. I've had a very bad experience with it too Lisalou. Mezcal is like a very smoky tequila. Nope. Now the crickets were very tasty. I think they boil them with lime juice so they taste like little crunchy lime snacks. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I hope so aboutface! I have at least 200 bulbs in but naturally i want more bahahahaha. The new ones im getting ive never grown before so thatll be an adventure (theyre tulips but how hard can it be?) Lol
AboutFace
413 posts
Wow that's heaps you've been busy, when I first planted tulips aphids attacked them grr, dew drops are pretty too.
Kat555
143 posts
Oh I don't have tulips but I love them. I would love to get some. I have just put a couple of irises in and a peony which I love. It's just a shame they only come up for a very short while. I would love to have 200 tulips in my garden though! It will look amazing Shaz!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mitre 10 are having a sale on bulbs.. just sayin ;-P
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Sorry, just reading back over the comments and when I saw the word tequila I had to chime in! Freckin love tequila. Last weekend we made our usual frozen marguerita but added a little chilli to it and did a chilli salt rim ... Yummo! I also love a good tequila shot. Even had a great Cinco de mayo party couple years ago purely as an excuse to drink tequila and eat Mexican food
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I don't think I've ever had a margarita! I saw everyone was going on about espresso martinis lately so decided to try it out......ummmm yuck lol
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Haha I quite like those, but I have had a bad one. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mexico restaurant make the BEST margs! I love a frozen margarita poolside in holiday too.

espresso martini's are great as well but also I never had a bad one :)
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Oooh yes Mexico's does great margueritas and I remember mexicanos were great too, and strong!
trudijoy
8375 posts
The pomegranate and hibiscus margarita is my fave, yummm
Kat555
143 posts
Yes! Frozen margaritas are the best in summer! Ooh and that flavour sounds amazing Trudi. I need to branch and try some different ones. I regretted not buying some tequila before lockdown so that I could make some margaritas at home! Would nearly feel like being on holiday right!? haha
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I sent my husband on a tequila mission last night. Just had it with lemon and soda water
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh if I have a husband one day I want one who does tequila runs lol. 

I like a good tequila soda or tequila cocktail too Jackie 

trudijoy
8375 posts
I've been walking for something to do in the bubble and for mental health to destress etc but it dawned on me today just how much impact that's had on my body too. 

pic on the photo wall along with a disclaimer - the mental health impact is most important here but I'm not hating the changes to my body!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Just had a look at the picture. That's great, even if just a great added bonus. It's actually amazing what exercise can do for your wellbeing
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Jackie - yeah the walking is definitely keeping me sane and centred atm. That's the most important thing by a mile but I'm not hating how much stronger and leaner I'm feeling either 
Kat555
143 posts
Wow Trudi you look awesome!! So strong! It's amazing how things can change when you get into a routine. Mental well being is so important right now. I really notice when I don't do much for a week. I started to get run down and then got sick... ended up calling the doctor and yesterday had to have a covid test because of the sore throat!! Yuck! I wish I had kept up my daily excercise that I had started with at the start of lockdown! Whoops!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Kat. 

I used to be a bit of a gym/pool bunny in my twenties but it doesn't fit in to the lifestyle any more and walking is the only thing that really does now!
Kat555
143 posts
It's so nice to see so many more people out and about walking at the moment. Wouldn't it be great if we all started to keep up a routine of activity. I think sometimes people think it has to be something massive but any activity is good activity. I do love getting outside though. I have the same trouble with fitting things in now. My kids have more activities planned than I have! 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Everyone's pics on the photowall look great. I've found my exercise has taken quite a dive with being at work and my making of delicious dishes is more of a throw some meals together for the week. I clearly need to up my game :P
tabucutie
1811 posts
Since we went to level 3, I've noticed in my area that people and families walking has dropped off by about 90%. Kind of sad, it was nice to see everyone out and enjoying each others company outdoors. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I finally saw the chick with the lips... it looks like somethings gone wrong with her back door but its on her face O_O jeeez... no thanks hahaha 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ahahahaha that was my thoughts too Shaz. It's just so wrong.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Wow what a beautiful day it is here! Blue sky and not a cloud in sight! I just took the pup out for a run down the river then a walk around the neighbourhood. So nice after 5 days f non stop rain! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yesterday I wasn't in a people mood, so I went for a walk at one of the marinas, which has a pathway connecting it to a boardwalk and beach. Then I came home and made a pasta bake. 

Today I met Mum for brunch and a beach walk, now I'm finishing my book before I do a combo of housework and watch tv all evening :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Not quite as nice up here as down your way Lisa, been dodging raindrops all day! 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Weird weather here too, it was raining earlier while still being sunny! Had my washing out and din't realise till it was too late.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds like a nice weekend Trudi! I'm just deciding what to do for tea. Didn't get meat out so looks like a trip to 4 square. At least I will hit my 10,000 steps lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was supposed to make gruts but i cannot, for the life of me, work out how to change the format to be able to print the pattern out, and its driving me absolutely insane and making me sad panda haha

So now im in bed reading with the electric blanket on hahaha 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahahaha you were going to make gruts?! You must be good with a sewing machine! I should be as I worked as a machinist in my younger days lol.
tabucutie
1811 posts
D3 of 9 off work. Actually cleaned today. Looking all spick and span. Love not having to set alarms,  nap when I want, wake up when i want it's been great.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was! But im struggling to get the pattern printed so until i do that im not making nuthin hahaha 

And nah not that great but i can sew the things i need hahaha
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@shaz, I tried making some last year ... I just used an old pair that I liked the fit of as a pattern (just unpicked the seams, laid it flat and traced out the pattern onto newspaper).  To be honest, I won't do it again.  The cost of the fabric, lace edging and the time it took to make them it just felt like it was just cheaper to buy store bought ones. Lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol silvene thats my back up plan, but i paid for the pattern so im going to print it even if it makes me lose my mind hahahahahaha 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Definitely need to print it then.  What format is is in?  Maybe I can help? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Maybe you can! Ill insta you its prob faster hahahaha 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've been working on hitting the 10,000 steps too Lisa. Got a walk to the Domain in just before it started raining then went properly to the mall for the first time since lockdown. Always nice to have a chill day.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!