Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Plans for the weekend?!

614 posts, 23 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi ladies! I hope you are all keeping well :-) What's everyone doing this weekend? I know we are still not allowed to leave the house so what are you doing to keep yourself occupied? I'm going to sort out our vege garden and get the yard tidied up. I also want to make custard squares and maybe a lemon meringue pie lol obviously a nice long walk is on the cards after that :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think i might con the man into going for a walk with the small one, we usually go to the park and feed the ducks which is fun! 

Tonight im making McDonalds, which will be ... interesting haha i have frozen the coke for blitzing, and i have an assortment of things for homemade mcflurries so.. i hope it works out haha! Either way itll all be good but yknow
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Nice Shaz, feeding the ducks sounds fun! I hope your man goes too :-) I have trouble getting mine to go with me walking lol. Ohhhhh making McDonalds! Let us know how it goes. Something that I am actually missing is sushi! Maybe I should make some! My man hates it so all the more for me oink oink
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yessssss make it!! You need it :-p

It was gooood, i discovered he doesnt like paper straws so his frozen coke is ruined /eyeroll but the burger was close enough to satisfy my want hahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahaha omg I can't stand the paper straws either lol I'd just rather no straw! Glad it turned out great:-)
MareeB
5241 posts
Ooooh Shaz what mayo did you use?
shazatron101
5112 posts
I use the sushi mayo with the baby on the packaging lol i use that for evvverrryything

And like the class act i am i fell down the stairs onto pavers lmfao so the ducks might miss out hahaha dont feel too bad it was only 2 stairs and i did an epic barrel roll but im still ouch haha
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh no Shaz, I hope you're ok x
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh and I'm not sure what mayo that is. I'm wondering if there's anything that tastes similar to the mayo in a big mac?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol what is this mayo you speak of Shaz?! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, that's Kewpie mayonnaise! I've got no idea what the mayo on a Big Mac tastes like. I haven't eaten anything from McDonald's in over 12 years as everything from there makes me ill. Including the salads - that was the last thing I ate from there. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah im fine. Up at stupid oclock and everything still works lol.

Yeah thats it soozie! Kewpie. Its great!! I use it  on everything that calls for mayo and then whatever else i want lol

I dunno what mayo they use either maree! but i dont eat big macs either haha almighty texan bbq for me and, oh. Homer Simpson drooling hahahaha
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hope your ok shaz x

Another working weekend for me. Kind of over working extra hours. I need a break, like a weekend getaway. We may not be able to travel internationally for sometime but I'd be stoked if we could travel domestically. Though i'm not sure if we can do that at level 1 or 2.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am a mayo addict but never heard of Kewpie! I feel like I need to try it :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yes get some! Its my favorite. I dunno where ita usually kept, my local has it in the deli area but i know the other supermarket has it on a shelf in the international section ( i think)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have no supermarket here but I did find it online! Lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Kewpie mayonnaise is Japanese so you can find it in the international section of supermarkets or in Asian supermarkets. They put it on everything in Japan too, Shaz. 
MareeB
5241 posts
What does kewpie mayo taste similar to sooz?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol it tastes like mayonnaise to me, Maree. Maybe ask Shaz since she's eaten it more recently than me. I do t think I've had it since the last time I went to Japan. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dont generally eat mayo so i cant compare to something similar.. tastes a bit tangy but in a nice way. Reminds me of eggs but thats simply because i put it in my egg sandwiches so im not sure thats much help either. 

Its creamy and yum though hahaha so i do recommend it :-p
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes from memory it does have a bit of a tang. 

Today I should be marking assessments. I need to have lunch first and I want quesadillas but I need to make refried beans for them first. That will kill some more time lol 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
We always call Saturday night date night (have for years). We don't go out due to having the kids but we always put out nibbles, open a couple bottles of wine and watch movies etc. The last few weeks we've been doing video chats with friends and music watching parties.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I can give or take most Mayo but kewpie is one of my fave things ever. It's kinda rich and creamy and tastes good on literally everything, but my fave is to have it on hot crunchy food like fried chicken, chips etc. I get mine in New World or Japan Mart, but I get the half calorie one which tastes the same but you can get away with extra hehhe. 

I slept in and just finished showering after a 11km walk. I'm gonna do a few chores then make chicken meatballs to go with spaghetti for dinner 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ok so it's nearly 3pm and I still haven't started marking lol. I've just put some frozen cookie dough in the oven to bribe/reward myselfwith so I better get started lol. I also need to get a walk in before it starts getting cold.

I have my weekly kitchen rave tomorrow morning with my friend in the UK. It usually starts 7:30am here so I am actually trying to go to bed earlier on Saturday nights.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
My mouth is watering just reading all of your posts lol.

I've found what I think is very close to the 'Big Mac' sauce and I'm obsessed with it. It's called Wattie's Burger Sauce and it is the bombage, like seriously. Hubby said its not 100% but its pretty close. I had a bottle of it at work before lockdown and when I went in last week, I was going to grab it and the cleaners had left the fridge open so I had to throw it out. Was not impressed, so they will be getting an ear bashing from me when I go back to work thats for sure.

This Kewpie mayonnaise sounds nice though, might have to hunt it down once we're able to, unless you can buy it online somewhere?
tabucutie
1811 posts
Mumof3 you can buy online japanmart.co.nz
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh thanks hun, will check it out x
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yum I love that burger sauce! I eat low carb so I don't have burgers (except hangover KFC hehe) but I make this yummo Big Mac Salad. It's lettuce, tomato, mince, pickle, cheese and the burger sauce ... It's on the menu for tomorrow
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes that burger sauce range is awesome! I love the bacon one too. I had birthday drinks last night so am hungover and could really go a burger right now lol.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got my replacement half cal kewpie in my new world order today, yay! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I need to join the kewpie train!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It's absolutely pouring down with rain today. Thinking about staying in my pjs and having a Netflix day :-) Maybe a face mask and a manicure. What's everyone else doing?  
shazatron101
5112 posts
Looking that way here too Lisa! My plans are eat the food when its ready, put kid down for sleep which wont be too far away, finish after life on netflix, redye hair and make some chocolate dipped pretzels for tomorrows movie platter /drooooool 

And in all that have a cup of tea and relax haha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I started watching more Afterlife last night in bed but must have fallen asleep as I don't remember any of it. I'm still on episode 1! Chocolate dipped pretzels sound amazing.....lol never had them
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Just the usual weekend for me of live DJ sets, marking (ugh, it's never ending), waiting for food deliveries....plus the excitement of going out to click and collect from the supermarket. Why are people still lining up to do their own grocery shopping? Really easy to get a click and collect spot here now. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Working all weekend. Look forward to garlic bread and a new series we started watching on netflix.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm on lockdown day FIFTY today and I got to the beach. Three beaches. I nearly cried with joy, I'm a major beach person and the ocean calms me, centred me and refreshes me. Not beach walking has been one of the hardest things for me lately. So I have done an hour of beach walking, and I just came home for a very fancy lunch of peanut butter toast and now I'm chilling for a bit until it stops raining enough to go for the half hour walk I need to top my daily minutes up to the minimum 90.

considering pizza tonight, from the pizza place a couple blocks away so delivery isn't needed and they get all the profit from me buying from them. 

then a couple glasses of wine, the new episode of station 19 and whatever else is hanging around waiting to be watched.

tomorrow it's sleep in, walk and chores. 

works been insane for weeks and so my weekends are about as much relaxing as possible. I'm sure you can all imagine that working in online education while the nation is learning remotely is hectic! We added half a million (yes you read that right) *additional* students world wide in the last two months. We're all exhausted, but going to work every day and getting  to make such a huge contribution is enough to keep us going 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
For anyone missing BK, if you combine watties hickory bbq sauce and best food mayo it literally tastes like the BK signature sauce on their burgers. Omg so good.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Sounds nice and relaxing Trudi, I need to get out more for walks. 

I can only imagine how hectic it is regarding online education. I've got all 3 of mine doing classes. Zoom and meet classrooms with the teachers (one munchkin doing NCEA). 

Must admit its a bit stressful as I'm also working fulltime from home as well as helping them with their studies. The issue I have is that I'm having to teach myself how to do this stuff so I can help them as the teachers are not always there to help. They are also getting overloaded with the amount of content added each day. I've just told them to do what they can.
trudijoy
8375 posts
As an ex teacher, educational professional and someone with a lot of experience with kids, can I reassure you of a few things here?

- you don't have to become a teacher, educate the kids on curriculum content or 'home school'. Treat it like homework - guide where you can, refer back to instructions or the teacher if it's beyond what you can help with

- whatever is happening, it's not just your kids. Everyone's having similar battles. Get through what you can get through. Teachers will have plans for filling in gaps once school goes back

- there's not a school in the country where kids are sat quietly 8am until 3pm hard core studying and working. They won't do it at home. In a day they play games, run around at playtime and lunchtime, play sport, chatter to friends, muck around in classes etc. it's normal. They don't need to do '7-8 hours a day like school'. That's not a thing

- cooking, grocery lists, games, reading, a bit of tv, unpacking groceries, dishes, chores..... all that stuff is still learning. Kids won't do maths? Tell them they can choose $10 worth of this weeks groceries and get them to work out what they can buy for that etc etc. It doesn't need to be formal

- if your kids are alive, fed, clothed and warm then you're doing enough already and whatever else you manage is great. You got this. You are doing a good job. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And yup online ed is nuts atm. What a time to be alive lol 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
As a teacher, I 100% agree with everything that Trudi says. I wish it wasn't refered to as "home schooling" in the media as it's not and calling it that puts a lot of pressure on patents that doesn't need to be there. It's online learning (there's a big difference). We are still doing the teaching. We also understand that not all the work is going to get done and that's ok. Just remember that kids don't have school at all for six or seven weeks over summer every year and they still turn out ok. Wellbeing is the best important thing right now, for students, parents and teachers. Right, back to my marking I go. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep been saying for literally weeks that it's not 'home schooling' it's supervising learning that is being delivered remotely by an industry professional (ie teacher). 

I worry for some of my parent friends who seem to feel as if they're expected to magically become trained, qualified, experienced teachers overnight. I keep assuring people that literally no one expects that 
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm working all weekend. I'm lucky to have been working the whole time. I didn't start until 4pm yesterday so got to enjoy the fabulous sunshine :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I fully agree with that too, trudi. If your kids are happy, fed and doing some work, cool. If theyre learning life lessons instead, thats cool too. Everyone who is helping their kids right now,  youre doing an awesome job, however youre doing it.

And im annoyed now, my damn hair dye is patchy (honestly i dunno why i bought the brand i dont like!) And i burnt my damn ass thumb in the fire

Was gunna buy a lotto ticticket but not anymore! HahaHahahahah
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks lovelies x

trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol shaz I'm sure it's great but just think, in a couple years you gonna have a mini me offering opinions on it hehe. 'Mummy why does your hair have holes?'
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah probably exactly that too the little punk lmfao
trudijoy
8375 posts
At Xmas my youngest niece, who would have been about 3 months off turning three stared at my head and went 'your hairs got TWO colours!' and then lost interest lol 
Kat555
143 posts
OOH Kewpie mayonnaise is my all time favourite mayo ever! We buy the 1kg one if we can get it and it goes with everything. Unfortunately the kids have turned into mayo snobs now and only want this one. I also recently found wasabi kewpie mayo and siracha kewpie mayo. SOOO good. Our kids really like the rice balls and I told them that we could make them ourselves, but definitely needed Kewpie. Now that's all they want with everything. It is definitely the Rols Royce of mayo. Obviously in my opinion. Haha. We made homemade Maccas at the beginning of lockdown too Shazatron. They were WAY more filling than the bought ones. I even went as far as making my own buns. They were kind of enormous. Pretty delicious though. Funny because we nearly never actually go to McDonalds. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!