Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ok will try the microwave! The house filled with smoke and the fire alarm went off lol oops
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol oops! Yeah def microwave them, so much better. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Just made lemon honey.....omg yum! Also loaded potato balls lol. It's just mashed spud with herbs added, bacon and garlic and a little sour cream then a chunk of cheese put in the middle and rolled into balls then crumbed! Nom nom nom.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ohhhh they sound yuuuuummmmmm i have mash in the fridge AND bacon haha but no sour cream. But y u m 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
You don't need sour cream, there is no recipe lol just whatever is tasty :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
So.. everything hahaha im nearly out of cheese so maybe ill use up the dregs and get more thursday from the cheese shop
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
They were really good but were supposed to be pom pom sized and mine were a bit giant lmao. I baked them in the oven but finished them off in the pan to get crunchy. So full now......blob
trudijoy
8375 posts
We had a roast last night so I made leftovers grilled wrapped things, loosely based on quesadillas. They had roasted chicken breast, roast vegies, gravy and cheese in them. Tasty 
trudijoy
8375 posts
That all sounds amazing Lisa. I have a jar of lemon and passion fruit curd at home atm that is delicious, expensive but worth it 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yum!! All sounds delish
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hellers new yorker porker sausages here, my god. Theyre my favorite sausages E V E R lol theyre so yum

Next time i have lemons i think ill make curd /drool
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have a lemon tree and I hate seeing them go to waste. It's the first time I have made it and it is so easy it's not funny. I could just eat it with a spoon it's so good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Isnt it!!! Its so easy. And so good mmmm yum!! Luff me some lemon curd. Good on everything!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Loaded potatoes balls and grilled wraps sound tasty! I'm uninspired to cook much atm. Working back to back days, just grabbing whatever is fast with least amount of effort
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I went a similar route with salad wraps with roast potatoes. Leftovers for lunch today.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have responsibility for feeding 9 adults this week so we had rotisserie chickens, wraps, salads and guacamole/sauces. 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Aw... going to look out for those sausages Shaz =D
shazatron101
5112 posts
You should! Theyre delicious haha. I usually buy them from countdown and 99% of the time they're magically reduced cos obviously not a lot of people here buy them! Their loss ;-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Valid, price pending.  Don't mind trying things especially at a discounted cost lol. Definitely a budget queen.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Still on the work trip, organised food for ten adults tonight. We had oven chips and pizzas baked in an outdoor fire/ pizza oven with salads 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds good Trudi. I've been working long hours so can't be bothered when I get home and been eating terribly! Day off today so will cook something delicious and make sure I have leftovers for tomorrow.  Oh and I cooked poppadoms in the microwave lol brilliant!
shazatron101
5112 posts
So many people trudi!! I hate cooking for 4 hahahahaha so that many is like O_O 
hahahahahahaha lisa u cute
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Cooking for 10 sounds awful. At Xmas I'm always in charge of nibbles cause I can't be trusted with the real food
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got the Louisiana chicken again lol so chicken with kumera chips tonight. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Better cooking than cleaning! 

pre made salads, pre cooked chickens etc make a world of difference. I had control of the budget and managed all the food except lunches on like $250 for three days so not bad. That included soft drinks as well; the alcohol budget was seperate. 

it covered:
- one dinner for 9 - wraps with chicken, stuffing, salad, relish, avocado and cheese 
- one dinner for 10 - pizzas, chips with bbq sauce and sour cream, salads
- two large snack platters - chips and dips, crackers, cheese and hummus, nuts, fruit and lollies/chocolates 
- bacon, eggs, fruit, toast, muesli for breakfast for 9 for two days 
- coffee, tea, juice, still and sparkling water
- biscuits
- milk 

mum made a huge date cake which we had for dessert on Monday. 

there were a few bits and pieces left over which were sent home with me 

Everyone was pretty stoked with the food
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Wow you're a cooking ninja
trudijoy
8375 posts
I think school camp experience probably helps lol 
MareeB
5244 posts
I have a freind bringing chinese over later, but I was starving after work so had McNuggets and fries mmmmm
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm very unwell (absolutely livid, just found out that 2/9 of the people on my work trip came along sick despite us being explicitly told to stay away if we were unwell. Now half the team is sick including someone with compromised immunity at high risk (me) and a workmate with a 2mo baby. Literally the most ignorant, selfish thing to put your own desire to come in a trip ahead of people's health.)

So i had toast with relish and cheese, because being upright for too long makes me dizzy. 
AboutFace
413 posts
Oh that's naughty. Hope you feel better soon Trudi xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks AboutFace. Hoping it's just a bug but given how fast I went downhill today I'm expecting a nasty one 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
That's so rude!! Sorry your sick, hope you get better quickly xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hellers angus burgers here... didn't like them as much as the angel bay ones! But still nice.

Ohhh trudi thats absolutely ratshite. feel better soon luvvie x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks guys, given that someone's just had a go at me about 'making people feel stink' when they are the ones at fault I appreciate that someone sees how horrible it is to be sick because of others carelessness. Apparently I shouldn't have posted to my ig (which none of the guilty parties are on) about being upset that I'm sick bc ppl can't keep their germs to themselves even though I gave  no identifiable details. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I hope you are feeling better, Trudi. Whilst people can't help getting sick, they absolutely can help whether they spread it to others! Whilst NZ might be Covid free as such, we are still in the middle of a pandemic and this really isn't on! People are getting far too complacent about spreading germs again. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Exactly and to not even tell me so I could protect myself when they know I'm vulnerable feels negligent at best. 

im not well. I've been pretty much asleep for most of the past 48 hours and when I am awake I'm dizzy, weak, sore and tired. It's a gnarly bug. Am off work tomorrow and will see what happens. Currently not well enough to safely drive myself to the doctor. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Rest up Trudi xxx
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's horrendous trudi. Hope you feel soon.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That sounds awful Trudi! Hope you get over it quickly. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Oh Trudi you poor thing!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Feeling more like a living person today. It took until around lunchtime today for me to be upright for longer than about ten mins at a time. Only two naps today too. I'll try work tomorrow but will reserve the right to leave if it gets to be too much, which is possible. 

do NOT catch this bug, it's hideous. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Managed half a day at work and have ordered that karaage bento again bc tired and want fresh food  
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Well you did very well to last half a day I reckon!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks jackie. I had a few good hours then realised I was crashing fast around 11. Descreening helped, as did stopping thinking. 

I'll have another go at work tomorrow 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Homemade pizza and salad. Better than expected. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have the day off work so decided to do a slow cooker meal, McCormack chicken, bacon and mushroom base with chicken thighs.....it smells amazing!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yum that sounds like it smells (and tastes!) great, Lisa. 

BIG NEWS - I managed to go to work for an entire day today. 

so dinner was a very lazy fave - this prepackaged coleslaw thing I'm obsessed with atm (it comes with punkin seeds, lil crunchy tortilla strips and a creamy coriander dressing) and the waitoa ancient grains frozen chicken tenders. Will be having the same thing tomorrow too lol 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Long day......passionfruit cheesecake for tea simply because I can :-)
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm coming over to yours for tea Lisa :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh yum lisa haha so good!

We had laksa and it was delliisshhh

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!