Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
oh god that sounds delicious hahahaha do you know how to make the batter by chance? Or a version of it? I have a feeling its going to be on the menu next week hahahaha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh also, hope youre feeling better trudi x
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's a coating batter more so than a liquidy one  - the double fry is what makes it so crispy 

try this 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And yeah. I'm okay. Realising that I have some stuff to deal with around being anxious about leaving the house since Covid-19. If I don't have a need/reason to leave I feel safer not leaving. That plus exhaustion plus the usual winter array of bugs = fragile trudi, physically and emotionally 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooooh. Yum. And whats this? A recipe without a novel before it???? Damn right ill be trying it hahahahaha thanks trudi :-)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Yesterday it was lunchtime celebration of Chicken Waffles for us.  Hubby and I had never eaten this before and after all the talk on BR, we got excited and decided to give it a try (we had something small to celebrate and thought a lunchtime treat would be nice).

We found a local restaurant that does Chicken Waffles with karaage chicken and a honey soy dressing ...  Sorry to say it was rather disappointing and has probably put us off ever eating Chicken Waffles again. The chicken was cooked and juicy but the coating wasn't crispy, as advertised on the menu.  The egg on mine wasn't fully cooked (I don't mind a very runny yolk, but don't serve me snotty egg whites), and the dressing was very overpowering, there was just too much of it on the plate. Sadly, best thing was the crispy vanilla waffles.

I'll be making a homemade pizza tonight with chorizo salami, mushrooms and cheese. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
That sounds a bit yuck Silvene, especially as it was to celebrate. Shame too cause chicken waffles can be soooo good. I've only had 3 times but always from the same place here in ChCh so I haven't experienced bad ones
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well thats dumb! I hope it wasnt a big thing you were celebrating otherwise, what a pisspoor meal! 

RamblingRose
1280 posts
Nah, it was just a small celebration - finally having an issue sorted out that took 15 months to finalise due to someone else's incompetence. 

At least tonight's pizza should be good.  The dough is made (I use Gordon Ramsey's Focaccia bread recipe as a pizza base), I'm just waiting for it to finish rising.  All that's left to do is pop it in the pan, add the toppings while the oven warms up, and then bake it for half an hour. Yum! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have 4 kids here tonight and 3 adults so I am making pizzas too!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lucky then! Pizza for everyone!!

Im making roast chicken n roasties. And the chicken looks so gorgeous. And smells gorgeous. Im excited hahahaha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
That's unfortunate silvene and touches on a pet food peeve of mine (don't call it something to make it sound flasher than it is, karaage made properly would be odd with waffles, which should have a more southern fried chicken anyway!). Chicken and waffles done well is a delight!

it would have been dads birthday today and every year on his birthday, anniversary and Father's Day I get (and eat) chocolate cake for him. Today I got a chocolate cupcake that was more icing than cake, he'd have loved it. 

so im not that hungry but still making my simple fave pasta tonight - spaghetti dressed in a lemon herb oil I made earlier today and topped with cheese, a bit of bacon and almonds, plus more herbs. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
But also now I kinda want roast chicken shaz lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Man. That chicken was freakin amaze. Even the kid ate her share (stoked). Make one!!!!

Happy birthday dearly departed mr trudis dad x
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have two big problems with making roast chicken even though I love it 

a) making roast chicken for one is a saga 

b) I'm not terribly fond of eating meat off bones, so I tend to usually just want breast and stuffing lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Roast the breast and make stuffing? I dunno hahaha its not the same that way though!

Im going to turn all my bones into stock and then biff em once i get the goodness out. I think i got 2 containers worth in the freezer as well as tonights carcass so woooohoooo for me lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I usually make one at Mums so that she can have the bony bits which she loves, or I'll strip off enough meat to make me happy that I got my money's worth. It's a bit wasteful but ..... 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And thanks re dad shaz. It's always a strange day but the cake tradition helps so much 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
That's a lovely tradition Trudi xx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Awww Trudi that's a nice thing to do for your dad xx
Pizza was good but the 3yo blatantly looked at it and said yucky lmao! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Jackie. I almost never went eat cake so it keeps it kinda special.

i also do Chardonnay for my mums mum, my nana, who was the only grandparent I was really close to.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Satay chicken  salad tonight, with a pineapple cup for pudding. Had clashing cravings (warm and hearty vs light and fresh) and the salad won out.

Gnocchi tomorrow though lol.

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We went to the city and I had meat on chips for lunch lol so good so wasn't too hungry for tea, just whipped up some chicken burgers. Cooking for 7 people so just doing quick and easy.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Meat on chips? Like loaded fries or something? 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Meat on chips delicious! They do that at my local kebab shop. Its really nice with salad.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ive had it before, i didnt hate it but the last time i had it the guy poured the hot oily chips into the styrofoam container and they kinda melded together :-/ really put me off 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol yea literally fries loaded up with chicken and lamb and sauces on top! It's sooooo good. Got it from kebab masters. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol ewwww that doesn't sound good Shaz. Definitely need crunchy chips, not oily
shazatron101
5112 posts
Twas most foul indeed.

Mac n cheese here or rather "mystery dinner" hahaahah
trudijoy
8375 posts
Meat and chips (without the styrofoam) sounds hearty and yum. I'd have to go chicken or pork, went right off red meat a while back. Teriyaki chicken maybe! 

I just made (store bought) gnocchi. Fried them off and mixed in cooked chicken bacon, a bit of cheese, a spoon of pesto dip and a bit of salt, and ate with a salad. 

was yum! 
MareeB
5244 posts
Eeee it has to be egg on chips, not meat heeeheehee
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Last night's leftovers for us tonight - cous cous with roasted pumpkin, chick peas, feta, spices & lemon juice (last night was "meat-free Monday", otherwise I usually add diced chicken thighs to this). 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I went from 'I don't know what I waaaaaaaant' to deciding to get Indian food to needing noodles. 

ended up making a Japanese inspired dish of soba, chicken and veges in a miso-ginger-honey-soy sauce topped with kewpie and sesame salt 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Pizza from the local joint and my laaawwwddddd. So good. Tastes even better cos i didnt have to cook it hahahaahahahahaha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
What kinda pizzzaaaaa?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Butter chicken, pepperoni, Hawaiian and mr wedge (my fave). Also not all on the same pizza lmfao 3 were smols but so goooood
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh yum. Is the mr wedge what it sounds like, potato wedge pizza? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah bbq sauce, ham, wedges and..  something else lol oh naturally cheese and hollandaise lol
MareeB
5244 posts
OMG you're making my mouth water Shaz!!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sounds carbliciously tasty! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We had hotdogs....they were meh. I want pizza with wedges on it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Come to my house lisa ill sort you out

Also, why did no one tell me brussel sprouts is just little cabbage? Like.. ???? I bought some today and like most vegetables i ate one raw, cos, well... why not. It was just cabbage but less tang. Quite enjoyable lol wish i hadve known that sooner cos i would've eaten it this whole damn time!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol Shaz, that's what called them as a kid, little cabbages. I liked them more then than I do now too. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahahaha yes mini cabbages! But no not raw! I have never done that lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol but it was the only way to know if id like it without cooking it lmfao 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Can someone send me mental motivation so i can get up and cook dinner lmao ya girl struggling to stay awake!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We are getting fish n chips.....I suggest you do the same :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wish :'( i don't feel right having takeout more than once a week hahahaha plus our fish n chip joint is sub par :(

I am making lamb and mushroom risotto, itll be nice but uggghhhhh. But i chopped up some fresh garlic and its perked me up hahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got Chinese buffet so a small bit each of mapo tofu, chilli chicken, lemon chicken, chicken and veg, noodles, sweet and sour pork, egg foo young, and some wontons.

YUM.

i hadn't eaten since breakfast and inhaled it lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I love Chinese buffet especially lemon chicken! We were both too lazy to even go out and grab the fish n chips so I chucked some wedges, corn nuggets and pizza in the oven.....easy and delicious.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!