Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Kimrose that's a nice idea, I use to like whipping up fancy meals when I had extra time but don't so much do it now that I eat lower carb

We did this thing once where every sunday we'd cook something starting with each letter of the alphabet. Got a little stuck with X so invented an Xtreme Mac and Cheese :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah x would be tough! Nice workaround lol 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I was going to whip up a pie. Got home and decided cooking was a bit too much effort. So salad it is.
Kimrose
1419 posts
That's a cool idea Jackie
Kimrose
1419 posts
I worked today, never usually work weekend days but I ended up helping out another store so that means Husband is making dinner, it always tastes better when someone else cooks!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes Jackie that sounds so fun! I had roast chicken with roast kumera, pumpkin, carrot and parsnips, peas and gravy. So good and so full :-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i couldn't even in the end.  Had spent the day on the couch reading and a) hadn't been grocery shopping and b) wasn't feeling so great so got Burger Wisconsin delivered.

I need to go grocery shopping today so if i'm still feeling rough tomorrow I can take a day off, I think. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Hope you're feeling better Trudi.
I've just got home, cannot be bothered cooking, so chucked on some oven fries and having a 'chip butty', haven't had in a long time.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks crystal. Still not 100 percent and debating if work need me tomorrow. 

did a really simple dinner of pre-crumbed frozen chicken, and a spinach, pear, parmesan and walnut salad. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
That salad does sound simple but tasty.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I agree that salad sounds so good Trudi! I had pancakes for tea because I have been craving them all day so I thought why not :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's my 'looks flash but takes very little effort' salad. So good, then I have fresh pear for dessert.

i was off sick today so debated pizza but made up a batch of chicken and mushroom tomatoey herby pasta sauce bc I've run the freezer stash down 

got about 75% through cooking it and was like.... meh I don't wanna cook any more'. Bit late at that stage, lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
We had chinese which was fairly decent for once! And i just made pikelets. Nomnomnom
tabucutie
1811 posts
Butter Chicken and Naan from a local takeaways thanks to Ubereats who gave me a $20 discount code.
Kat555
143 posts
That salad sounds delish. Think I've had something similar but never made it myself. Wednesday is our crazy after school activity day so I made dumplings last night and just popped them on when we got home. So glad I did because I most definitely did not feel like making anything for tea! 
MareeB
5244 posts
Tonight is two bananas and half a block of Dream!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I hope the bananas were dipped in the chocolate! Mmmm. Delish. Now i want strawberries and choc lmfao

We had chicken fettuccine with ciabatta garlic bread, twas the bomb. I made it with store "fresh" pasta recently and vowed never to do it again. Absolutely hated it hahaha homemade pasta forever!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol Maree! I got home late so went and got some puhoi vanilla bean custard....mmmmm sooooo good! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Whaaat! You make your own pasta? 
MareeB
5244 posts
Dang! I didn't think of that Shaz!!. I coulda had some of that vanilla bean custard Lisa! I usually have coconut yogurt on my bananas but I had them at work and I'm too lazy to put yogurt in a pot to take to work!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Learning to make my own pasta is high on my bucket list! Maybe I need a week at casa del shaz lol
MareeB
5244 posts
OMG chicken fettucine and ciabatta bread! my mouth is watering.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh and I had lazy b*tch pasta again :D 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Sounds delicious shaz!

Visited a family friend  for dinner last night. Poppy seed buns with coleslaw and roast chicken. So simple but so good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Its super easy! For one person, 1 egg to 100g of flour. Thats it. Maybe extra flour if its a bit sticky. So double it for more people. Sometimes i get flash and mix the egg with spinach and then put it all together. Greeeeeeen
I cheat though and use the stand mixer with the dough hook, aint got time to mix that shiz by hand like the mamas from old country. Do i care? No hahaha still 1000x better than the "fresh" stuff (in my opinion. If you buy it and love it, more power to you!)
trudijoy
8375 posts
i buy it bc i'm stupidly busy lol.  
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah. And thats fine. I have time so i make it lol. Aint no thang 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Chicken tacos tonight, needed something spicy to warm me up 
Kimrose
1419 posts
Neither of us took anything out of the freezer this morning so quick easy dinner of  sweetcorn and cheese toasted sandwiches...and a wine
shazatron101
5112 posts
Butter chickey here and incredibly subpar naan bread - any brands that are actually worth trying? Theres one i refuse to buy, the last one i got was completely covered in mould, its purple and black packaging lol but its their CS that put me off buying it again.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ew that sucks. 

My city-dweller self just goes and buys naan from an Indian takeaway lol
Kimrose
1419 posts
Cant beat an Indian takeaway!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hmm.. i never thought of that hahahahaha we do have a local indian here but it wasnt good last time i had it ... but the naan however..  i don't remember it either hahaha time for a refresher i think
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Have you tried making it Chef Shaz? Lol it's really basic. I got the pataks one last week and it was just so thick.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maybe I need Indian food for dinner tomorrow, hmmmm
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Pasta and salad here tonight.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have! Only tried yogurt versions but i can always taste the yogurt and i dont like it! Lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Supposed to have mac n cheese but my partner doesnt like eating too much cheese before work so i made runny yolked eggs, chips to dip in the egg and bacon and man. It was yum hahahaha

So mac n cheese is next week now under "mystery dinner" cos i had a blank spot on the meal plan hahahahaha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Also made lemon syrup and bought soda water, its faux lemonade! And damn its tasty hahahaha
tabucutie
1811 posts
That meal sounds amazing, definitely going to make that next time we do food shopping. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Tomato soup for lunch, started freezing the tomatoes i buy and dont use /foreheadslap but i loooouurrrvvveee tomato soup so no ragerts. Lil bit spicy and it contains home made chicken stock, its so damn good. And i had a cheese toastie with it :-D

And double bonus, lil squidlet eats it too :-D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just had lamb rack and roast vege. Soooooo good! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had a mental health rest day today, I'm trying to be really intuitive with my free time and listen to my body rather than heading out for the sake of it.  Because of that I didn't feel like either cooking or dishes, so I ordered a karaage bento 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Idk what that is but it sounds deliissshh trudi. So does yours soozie. I luffffff lamb but its so spendy and the ones we get here are smaller than my kids hand hahaha. Maybe an exaggeration but yknow. Theyre p small lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
Karaage is Japanese fried chicken and it's amazing! Bento just means it comes in a boxed set with rice and sides, mine had three Japanese style salads, rice, sesame broccoli, vege tenpura and a couple of pieces of sushi
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmm lamb rack! Yummo! Lol I dunno what that is either Trudi. We had enchiladas, a bit to spicy for my liking but I still ate it and complained the whole time lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhhh yum! There is a place called katsubi in Chch that I am obsessed with. Sounds very similar.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah katsubi do a sort of donburi (toppings on rice) Japanese fast food option. These are more like meal sets, they come on special trays to keep everything in its own wee spot, but many of the proteins and sides are the same.

donburi in japan are a bit different, my fave is called oyako-don, or 'parent and child bowl', so named because the topping is chicken and egg. The egg is only just cooked so that it has a sort of sauce-y consistency and it's poured over rice, super tasty. I also like ten-don, which is tenpura over rice 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha im dumb, i knew bento but not the other lmfao

How does Japanese fried chicken differ to normal?
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's really juicy, done with boneless thigh meat and a  super crispy batter, and often the chicken is marinated before it's coated and fried so you get flavours like soy, sesame, miso, ginger, spring onion etc. it's also usually served with lemon, shiokosho (a salt and pepper blend) and kewpie mayo.

thats in its purest form, but there are always slight variations 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!