Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lemon chicken is the goooooods. So are wontons. I love the crispy pastry!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
A homemade ham & mushroom pasta dish for us tonight, along with a movie ... The Professor & The Madman (Mel Gibson & Sean Penn) - brilliant! 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
My freezer decided to defrost a little overnight, so it was a freezer defrost special here.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I went Burger Fuel; a bacon backfire with a choc orange free shake (thanks soozie!) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Freezer dumplings for lunch cos i feel like crapooolllaaaa but they were pretty darn good
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I just had the most amazing Chorizo burger from a stall at the Hobsonville Point Farmers Market! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Burgers with vege chips tonight omnomnom and im roasting brussel sprouts so we'll see how that goes :-D
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Yum. Not sure here. Was supposed to be toasted sandwiches to use up my defrosted bread. But feeling more like pasta.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Tastes like popcorn hahahaha is that normal for Brussel sprouts lmfao

Oooh toasties i make pizza ones lol its just ham cheese and pizza sauce hahahahahaha

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I made a quick tea tonight, nachos with cheese burger flavour doritos....yum
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol are they crunchy? I roast mine with garlic and rosemary. Popcorn taste......hmmmm not sure
shazatron101
5112 posts
The outside went a bit flakey and dry but i just pulled that off and they were soft in the middle. It was the dry shell that gave it the popcorny taste lmao

So not bad, would eat again lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea they should go nice and crunchy.....nom nom nom 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Laundry day and payday, treat meal B K for dinner. Spent arvo cleaning house, it's deserved.

Did you like the cheese burger doritos Lisa? Had them for nachos last week. It's an okay taste, still prefer classic  cheese corn chips or the Organic salted ones.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm not cooking at all this week I de used lol. I did bake a pre made pizza last night though (one of the new World ones). Tonight, I got takeaway from Mexico.... fried chicken, corn chips and salsa roja  , and a pork belly taco. Yummmm
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I quite liked them but would probably just prefer to eat with guac rather than nachos.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I made a Corn & Cheddar Chowder tonight (with crispy bacon bits and thickened with puréed cauliflower instead of cream).  First time I've tried that recipe, and it was sooo good!  I'm glad I made a double batch - it means I don't have to cook tomorrow night, plus there's some to go in the freezer. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh btw the Louisiana chicken is the gooooooooooods. I get the tenders and they're amazing 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhhh yum I didn't know they do tenders too! My man bought chicken pieces, there were only 5 in the bag but quite big bits. It looked like KFC lol I was happy.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah they're a bit harder to find, I usually locate them in New World but I did buy them in Pak n Save once. Dunno if it's regular at PnS, I hate the place so almost never go lol,

I don't like bones in my chicken so these are great. They're amazing in wraps, I just do them simply with baby spinach, sour cream and cheese. Would also go great in temakizushi 
shazatron101
5112 posts
The tenders are soooooo gooooooood

Im making profiteroles today/tomorrow and theyll be filled with custard or cream. Drooool
shazatron101
5112 posts
Making the karaage chicken trudi linked somewhere on here.. i am p excited! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I keep trying to clear room in the freezer so I can try the Louisana chicken! Maybe I'll just try the tenders instead. My Countdown seems to usually have it. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Clear faster soozie!!! You needs them :-D

So i made the karaage chickey and man. It was pretty damn good. I think next time id do the flouring differently but otherwise, YUM, twas a hit all round. Thanks for the recipe link trudi!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yessss karaage is bomb. You can get some specific seasoning at the Japanese shops but Idk if they're available down yo' way 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha yeah nah probably not eh, bloody amish country here. There are a few specialty stores but i dunno where they are exactly and one recently got shut down for selling meth pipes hahahaha :-/
trudijoy
8375 posts
Please don't put meth pipes in your chicken coating lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Aw gummon let me be adventurous 

...lmfao 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Fine, just this once you can have meth pipe chicken.

sheesh :p
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahaha you goosey!

But yeah, ill definitely be making that recipe again. So flavor much tasty lmao 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Did you listen to Aunty Trudz and serve it with lemon, salt and pepper, and kewpie? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
No lemõn but yes to the other 3! Not that it needed salt haha the small amount of salt in the marinade really soaked in it was /drool
trudijoy
8375 posts
When I do the baked chicken I made up (cross between katsu and karaage) I often put sesame salt in the crumbing, and sometimes a bit of chilli flakes. Very recommend. 

try the lemon too, just in wedges squeezed over the hot fresh chicken immediately before you eat it. It's good!
shazatron101
5112 posts
ive never heard of sesame salt lmao we aint fancy like you aucklanders!! Maybe i do need to go find a specialty store lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I think japan mart do online orders, I'll check. I was just there today, sent soozie a stash of her faves lol. 

I use a preblended Japanese sesame salt. They call it gomashio, literally 'sesame salt'. It's the goooods 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah they do. This is their listing for a fried chicken coating . 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Flour for fried nugget hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha jeez that gave me a lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay for Japan Mart runs!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mate. Welcome to the world of Engrish. Many a time I've stopped and cried laughing in the streets of japan over it. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha theyre so innocent and pure 
trudijoy
8375 posts
One of my faves was when the store had grasped that 'f*cking' was sometimes used to emphasise an adjective (eg 'f*cking huge!') and advertised a sale as 'f*cking good big sale bargain'
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ahh, I miss the department store Engrish tshirts. Favourite I ever saw was "We used to be such lucky bleeders" lol. It was also the worlds ugliest T-shirt, with a square neck and lace trim hem otherwise I would have bought it. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's the absolute best, soozie!

indian for me tonight, tikka masala, bhaji, naan and rice. It'll be curry rice tomorrow night too! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Louisana Tenders are $8 in countdown this week! So I I finally got some! I've already had my tea (chicken cacciatore which was yum) but I couldn't wait to try them so will have a second tea too lol. I only went in to buy ice cream so I am definitely playing Tetris with the freezer now. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Sunday roast because i dont know what day it is (convinced its Wednesday but ive been told different)

Also made a new thing, broccoli and cheese ball things, i made them for the squidlet but ive decided they're quite good and if she doesnt eat them i wil! Hahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Roast here too, chicken with veges and gravy. At mums so can make a big full one. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I went out for lunch and I'm still full so I just had home made hummus! I finally decided to make my own as the plastic tubs the shop bought stuff comes in can't be recycled where I live anymore. Tbh, it was so easy to make that it's actually easier than going to the shop to buy it! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Butter chicken with badly cooked pappadoms! Lol I can never do it properly.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Pataks pappadums, in the microwave. Lay one between two paper towels, 25 secs one side and 20 seconds the other, then they come up perfect every time and way healthier than frying :) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap, back when I used to make poppadoms, microwave was always the best way.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!