Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I hope you feel better soon Tabu! Also hope you are ok Trudi.
Roast parsnips with Louisiana chicken and corn on the cob tonight! Yum!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Lisa. Back at work today and as it happens apparently my idiot foot prefers being at my desk to being elevated, go figure. 

another test tomorrow  I'm out in a school.

satay chicken salad for me tonight, just using up some of the stuff in the freezer this week and adding in fresh vegies 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol trudi your foot is a numpty :-p

Naw tabu feel better soon xx

We had butter chicken and I MADE NAAN and i dont hate it!!!!! Its absolutely glorious and soft and /drooooool. So damn good, the batch was huge so now i have freezer naan for later :-D
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks ladies. Definitely feeling better.  Had a bit of a cry then did some meditative yoga. 

Dinner tonight was just leftovers,  no complaints here.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Crying can be so cathartic. Hope you're feeling better soon x
MareeB
5241 posts
Take care Tabu xx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Roasted cauliflower, brussel sprouts, pumpkin with satay kebabs. Smells so good!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Burgers here but i do think the cheese i used on my burger has gone bad because i am paying for it now! :'(
trudijoy
8375 posts
Again with the premade chicken bacon lasagne and salad. 

tired as f(iretr)uck and making life easy!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh nooooo Shaz. Baaaad. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmmm that lasagna sounds good! Ugh yuck Shaz :-(
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Got my fortnightly takeaways. I had a Thai prawn Filo with salads. Think it might be my new favourite from there. Also got a $5 brownie for dessert. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I got a bag of hot chips on my way out of Timaru, and ate them driving back to Oamaru. Then I had a bowl of fresh pears and kiwifruit with home made vegan coconut ice cream. Now its Macintoshs toffees - the bad, the good, and the chewy!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Dessert beckoned tonight... a double caramel mini magnum. Delicious 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hope for a speedy recovery for you Shaz.

Bacon and egg on toast for tea. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Feeling much better but the combo of what ive eaten has given me the power to kill a man

Sorry mr shaz #dutchoven bahahahahahahahaahahahahah
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh god poor shaz. Poor mr  shaz 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahahaha Shaz! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well luckily for him, the only person i killed was myself in the kitchen. Feeling 100% now. Wont be having burgers for a while though hahahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
just poor shaz then :) 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Got a chicken curry in the slow cooker. I am back on the keto wagon after being an absolute oinker lately lol. Day 5 and feeling great :-) Need to hide the chips.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol Lisa chips are my Achilles heel too. Chips and cheese. 

I made tacos to deal with the anxious wait between the end of my workday and the Lockdown update. Chicken and onion tacos, done 'my' way (season the chicken, then near) the end of cooking add beer and lime to make it saucy with sour cream and undressed coleslaw. Yum. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Tacos sound good!
I have issues I can't open a bag of chips without eating them all lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Well they might go stale or attract bugs overnight 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Exactly my reasoning lmao!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've only recently started being able to leave some chips in the bag. Though I had a calorie heavy dinner tonight with ravioli in a cheese sauce, mixed greens, wine then a brownie with ice cream for dessert. It was very nice though.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I actually manage to only eat a portion of chips atm bc I'm doing this accountable August thing. Three goals to hit every day - stay within calories, hit steps goal, self care.

i revised my steps goal down when I tore my tendon but kept the others the same 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol well done! Yum that sounds delicious!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hadn't heard of accountable august until I saw your posts trudi. I find it inspiring though still ate pasta and pizza for dinner.  Not so stoked about the meal afterwards but it was good at the time.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Tabucutie you'd probably never heard of it bc I made it up lol. There may well be other ppl doing a similar thing, of course, but I came up with this for myself based on a similar idea a friend in Sydney does. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Great idea Trudi!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Seems to be working. I dont weigh myself at all so no idea if I'm losing weight but it's more about healthy  habits and looking after myself than that, so... :) 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Although I am by myself at the moment I decided to slow roast a shoulder of pork for dinner.....omg it smells amazing and I got a great crackle on it :-) lol roast pork for the next few days!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooooh yum lisa! That sounds... so damn good hahaha i might have to buy a roast off my egg guy, literally the best pork ive ever had in my life

You also reminded me ive not taken dinner out of the freezer yet haha whoooops
trudijoy
8375 posts
Margherita pizza. It was meant to be for Friday but I caught the dumb and forgot it won't fit in my dinky freezer so it's tonight's dinner now and tomorrow's lunch. It's a Pam's one and actually really good for a few bucks worth of freezer pizza.  I'll have fruit for pudding lol 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I made hearty chicken casserole lol just a maggi slow cooker sachet cause I'm lazy. It was nice. I want pizza.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I had pizza too!! Pizza magic. Yum. My favorite is mr wedge lol 
MareeB
5241 posts
Awww pizza ... I had KFC with a colleague for lunch so I had a banana and some kiwifruit for tea. Then of course chocolate wrapped in licorice and the last of my MacIntoshs toffees...it's an uphill battle...
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm a big fan of the licorice Macintosh's. Dinner was mostly sampling other things I'd made: lemonade scones and lime cheesecake. Then lots of veges to balance it out.

My scones were a bit meh, I think I left the dough in the fridge too long. And for a first attempt at cheesecake it was a success though I think I'd make it a little sweeter next time.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Homemade butter chicken with rice and (microwaved) pappadums.

Thanks to the forum thread, I get to use Pataks pappadums for the first time ... I love pappadums but hated the thought of having to fry them.  I never knew they could be microwaved (even though I now see it says so on the pack! Clearly I never looked closely). 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds delish Silvene! Haha yes after I filled the house with smoke the ladies informed me to cook them in the microwave, omg so quick and easy aye!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yasss love for the pataks pappadums!

i had a mango chili chicken salad 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmm yum!
I had a homemade double beef  and bacon cheeseburger lol it was huge :-)
MareeB
5241 posts
Mmmm me too itsclearascrystal, I have a terrible sweet tooth though. Tonight was wraps with lots of salad and fried fish. Very nice!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I just got informed i won a (very expensive) casserole dish so im planning ALL THE THINGS mwahahahahaha

No idea what to have until then, though hahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
woohoo, go shaz!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I am pretty damn excited. Its a le creuset one, thems fancy as hheeeelllll

So cos im so happy i am going to make a new recipe for dinner! Chicken saltimbocca. Found a recipe that doesnt use wine, as well, so im stoked about that cos bugger going out in this weather again! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Nice! I'm having chicken breast wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese tonight, roast cauliflower and pumpkin. Mmmmmm roll on tea time:-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Its basically the same thing! So, i call twinning hahahahaha

God i love this chat haha its a good thread
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm having wine.

oh, and some mango chili chicken salad again.

But mostly wine.

It's been a day 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!