Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Programmes to binge

432 posts, 26 members
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Hadn't heard of it so went to have a look. Very highly rated!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Got a bit NF sad after finishing umbrella academy so haven't been watching much. Have finished 3 books. Most recent watches: The Break Up (rom/com) liked that,  The Boss (comedy) not one would usually watch as its a bit cringe but a decent watch, The Last Holiday (rom/com) really liked it would watch again and The Room (psyc thriller) Inception/Brass Teapot vibes worth watching if you like the genre
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm up to season 6 already of my massive Greys Anatomy binge - being on lockdown and injured has definitely meant a lot of extra time to work through these seasons.

I've always loved Grey's but it really is amazing, so glad I'm re-watching!  Although I know some of the heartbreaking storylines that are coming, I'm still loving it .
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I finished umbrella Academy last night and I too am sad ... Sniff sniff

That would be my second fav program out there at the mo behind Stranger Things

All time fav though is still Friends
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hey trudi, on what platform are you watching Greys Anatomy?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Neon tabucutie - Neon and Lightbox combined recently, it's costing me $13.95/month i think.  There's loads of other stuff on there but i won't even care about that until I'm done binge watching the amazingness that is Grey's Seasons 1-17 ;) 
MareeB
5244 posts
I watched a movie called Lost Girls on Netflix over the weekend. It's a true story and was really good. Really sad though.Then I started watching the Flowers in the Attic series on Ondemand. I have no idea why ... nothing can match the books ..
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks trudi. Will have to give them a go after I finish another service i'm trying at the moment. It's called Shudder a streaming service for horror and thrillers. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Only watched Mayhem (movie) on Shudder (streaming service). Liked the movie, it is described as "The Office" meets "The Purge". Other than that super limited options so cancelled subscription.

Finished watching on Netflix all of Friends, thoroughly enjoyed that. Also finished a Thai series called Girl From Nowehere. A mystery/thriller series which has been renewed for a second season yay!

Saw an advert for Quibi and got that too. A lot of awesome looking content i'd love to binge watch if i had some days off. Finished 1st season of Dummy. Starring Anna Kendrick, its inappropriate and crack up comedy. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm looking forward to Ratched on the 18th! It sounds awesome. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
The one with Sarah Paulson? I've watched the trailer a couple of times but unsure if I will watch the series. Will probably give the first episode and see where we go from there.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Oh yeah I saw that Quibi ads popping up and I was intrigued. And saw the ad for that 'Dummy' which looks weird but intriguing 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea! I really like American Horror Story so am looking forward to it:-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I love american horror story!!! The first few were awesome. The clown one was weird though. The last few were weird actually. I dont even remember the last one :/ 

Actually i lie i dont remember a lot of them haha i didnt watch coven or freakshow cos they bored me lol but i liked murder house and asylum and hotel.. partially hahahaah
tabucutie
1811 posts
AHS was great  havent completed last years season about the camp? yet. Must get round to that. Is there a new season coming out this year?

Quibi is great and free. Can't chrome cast which is annoying. Eps are generally not longer than 15 mins so can complete a season in one day easy. Watched SURVIVE yesterday,  a thriller starring Sophie Turner (game of thrones). Really good.

Starting watching Away on NF. Not usually into space dramas but its interesting. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I've got a couple of war movies lined up to watch on Netflix. I'd love to hear if anyone tackles "I'm thinking of ending things".
SandieNZ
424 posts
I'm terrible at watching shows, I give up too easily!  I've heard amazing things about Umbrella Academy but only saw part of the first episode - is it really that good?
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Umbrella academy is fantastic! It took me 3 episodes to get hooked though. I reckon season 2 is even better
tabucutie
1811 posts
Did some research S10 AHS isn't going to be released until 2021.

Finished watching AWAY (NF) oh it's so good. I'm not into sci fi drama? but it's great hope there will be a second season.(starring Hillary Swank )

Umbrella Academy is quirky but I enjoyed it.
Macs
5351 posts
I just read through desperate for new seasons to watch lol . I just finished Netflix : Witcher , The Last Kingdom . 

TVNZ Wentworth , Masterchef and Houserules

Havent been watching movies lately . Last one I did watch was Old Guard . 

Im keen to watch Umbrella Academy after reading everyone's comments. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I love the old guard! Charlize theron!!! Shes bae hahaha
tabucutie
1811 posts
As we approach Halloween, have definitely been looking for scarier themed programmes. Watched The Platform on NF. Would call it a psychological thriller, its dark but really good. If that's anyone's cup of tea. Also finished Cold Case Files Classic. Wish there was more true crime to watch. 

Enola Holmes looks good, think it's being released in the next few days.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I watched The Platform during lockdown.  It's pretty sick! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
It was a lot!

Enola Holmes was good. Its quirky, I like it, hope they make a sequel.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Running out of true crime to watch on bravo (through the three now app) and saw there are some thriller/true crime movies on three. Watched To Have and To Kill. A saucy thriller albeit b grade film.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Did you watch Ratched @ Tabucutie? I finished the season a few days ago, I quite liked it.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Just watched movie Enola Holmes on netflix ... Mostly cause I LOVE Millie Bobby Brown. I really enjoyed it! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I watched enola holmes for the same reason jackie! Except, henry cavill hahaha not millie hahahahahahahaha
tabucutie
1811 posts
Not yet lisa. It's on my list of things to watch though.

Watched 3 movies this weekend while relaxing in the evenings. The Mystery Of Michelle and Mommy Be Mine (both on three now app) Midnight In Paris (NF). Liked them all especially the Paris one.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Haha yes henry cavills pretty good ... I loved man from uncle, I wish they'd make another one
MareeB
5244 posts
I taped Starsky and Hutch last night and I'm going to watch it soon. I've seen it before but I love Derek and Hansel so I'm looking forward to seeing it again ;)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Still haven't watched Starsky & Hutch but it looks good. Must see if its on NF.

Caved and started watching Ratched yesterday Lisa. It's dark! Darker than The Platform but enjoying it regardless. Will finish the season today.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol it is dark! It's quite well done so I'm excited for season 2.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Really got into Ratched, hope there is a season 2!
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm intrigued by Ratched now that you guys have been talking about it. If I ever get any time I'll have a watch. I ran out of time and didn't watch Starsky and Hutch, so it's on the agenda for tonight - while it blows and snows outside ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It snowed here today too Maree but it looks crazy down your way! I watched Halloween and The Shining. Fires been going all day, looks like sunshine tomorrow finally!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Haha Maree love the zoolander reference there. Such a good movie! I just finished Outer Banks on Netflix and REALLY enjoy it
MareeB
5244 posts
I LOVE Zoolander too Jackie. I'm a big Ben Stiller fan. Starkey and Hutch was cheesy but I still enjoyed it. Love the cameo from Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul as well :)

Geesh Lisa, The Shining - scary ....
MareeB
5244 posts
In the 70s when I was pretending to be brave I watched The Exorcist, Superstition, Suspiria, and Carrie. I was terrified for years after!!
AboutFace
413 posts
It's funny how some of the movies can affect you, Silence of the lambs terrified me and so did part 2 which has Ray Liotta in it, he was in a wheelchair and a victim and I can't get that rid of that image when I see him in something else, was very creepy. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh yes Silence of the Lambs was soo creepy..
There was another movie where Jodie Foster was the victim in a horrible rape scene, can't remember the name, but it was awful too.
tabucutie
1811 posts
When I was 10 I watched Freddy Kruger at a sleep over. Scared about that for a good number of years. Hated the human centipede, hostel, mirrors, jeepers creepers. Those are just the ones that come to mind. Needless to say I don't watch anywhere near as much gore/horror as I did in my late teens early twenties. Much prefer thriller/psychological thriller genre nowadays.

On a different note watched My Best Friends Wedding (cringey romcom) and A Nice Girl Like You (also romcom lots of laughs tiny bit of cringe) last night. Really getting into enjoying my own company and movie nights to wind down.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Maree, the other movie with Jodie Foster, is it "The Accused"? 

I was around 10 years old when we were at a large family gathering at my uncle's house.  It was late and all of the children had been left in the lounge on blankets and pillows, to watch TV and fall asleep.  I've always been a night owl and don't fall asleep easily.  The child-friendly programmes had ended and a movie came on ... Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".  I've never seen that entire movie and will never watch it, but the scenes I did accidentally see as a young kid gave me nightmares for years. Because of that, I'm always conscious of what's on TV if we have friends with kids over. 

I tend to avoid horror movies, although I did watch the remake of "IT". 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I use to love scary movies and then one day I wondered why I put myself through it hehe. Hostel and saw was the end for me!

Watched Westside on Three Now last night. Love that program 
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh yes Silvene, it was The Accused. I'd watch it again now if I could. Jodi Foster is a very fine actress.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I only watched the first season of Westside, but would love to binge watch them all if they make it to a streaming platform.

Can't say I have heard of The Accused. May need to watch it.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Love Westside! Sad it's the final season.  I also love Wentworth. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks, will definitely have to sign up and give it a go
tabucutie
1811 posts
Caught up on Westside thanks to Neon and three now. Sooo good.  Currently watching Big Little Lies, wow that first season was a lot. Should really come with a content warning. Upto  season 2. Has anyone read the book?

Watched Alien Abduction on YT for $6.99 unique plot, nz made film its a crack up.

The new David Attenborough was sad but informative. Completed all of the 100 series.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've read the "Big Little Lies" book, but haven't seen the series.  I've been waiting for it to come onto Netflix. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!