Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Kind Of Eyeliner Girl Are You?

30 posts, 22 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I was going through my many eye liners today and it got me to thinking; what are people's preferred types of eyeliners? I like gel eyeliner best but I used to like pencil best. So what's your go to liner?
kirstyj
1732 posts
Definitely pencil! I'm not that advanced when it comes to eyeliner so pencil all the way. I especially like ones you can smudge a wee bit over the lid then do another line for a full eye look.
Danni
324 posts
Definitely liquid! I loooove maybelline Hyper Glossy and I'm pretty chuffed that I've mastered liquad liner...My technique? Go as quick as you can. Apparently under pressure I'm really good at applying it. If I take my time I suck hahah. Then gel because I like the finish a lot. Then pencil because I don't really like the lasting power and suck at applying!
Macs
5351 posts
I used to be a gel liner girl. But Im loving liquid liner at the moment. Most of my current looks I've made have been with a combination of pencil and liquid. I used to be so scared of it but now I'm really enjoying it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Kohl /gel pencils and the liquid ones that look like felt pens. Starting to get my head around liquid and gel too
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
A gel/liquid mix. I might have to try that. I like liquid, but I can only do it well if I have time. I find gel a bit more forgiving. Though I am looking for a felt pen/pencil styled gel eyeliner because that was one of the aspects that made pencil and my liquid eyeliners initially more appealing.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Pencil and liquid, depending on what kind of look I want. I often use eyeshadow to do winged liner with though. I have nothing against gel liner I just think with needing to clean the brush constantly it just takes more effort than any other type. 
Macs
5351 posts
I understand what you mean Trainnee Mua about the cleaning off the brush. I got the mellow one in the vault. I like how it looks on my eyes but I find I need to constantly clean off the brush to stop clumps happening.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Depends for what application?  For tightline above the lashes on the actual lid, liquid is the best for me, as I find it stays put longer, doesn't drag and gets the fastest most even line for me.  For the waterline I used to love Kohl pencil type liners, but since I got a trial of Marc Jacobs gel liner I have been blown away and love the gel liner for it's more softer application, where as at times the pencil can be a little sharp on application.  For experimenting with colour liners on the eye lids to smudge out it comes back to the pencil type again as I find they smudge the best.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm a gel pencil girl. Since getting ChiChi's eyeliner set I'm not looking back!
I havn't played with liquid much, I'm a little scared to be honest & actually don't even own one currently!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Glad to hear you like the ChiChi liners because I've been looking at getting them for a while.
MareeB
5250 posts
Definitely liquid and especially Za, but I have hundreds of pencils too...
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I like all kinds! Pencil and gel for tightlining and liquid for the upper lash line. Currently I am just using pencil to tighline.
Mila
1209 posts
For my top lash line everyday basic wear I'm going to say liquid its much easier for me.  for a more smokey eye I have been lovely using eyeshadow I find its not so harsh on my eyes and a little more forgiving if im not perfect with application.  But pencils and gel's still have their place in the drawer for me
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm a gel pencil girl.  I'm not really a fan of pot gels that you have to apply with a brush and don't like the feel of traditional pencil eyeliners.  I really like the control I get with gel pencils (or soft kohl pencils); they feel like a pencil in my hand and I have more control than a brush but they apply softly, smoothly and have great colour intensity, just like a gel.
mallomiss
569 posts
Asclearascrystal definitely get them! They ate my favorite make up item! But wait for a beauty sale as they go on all the time
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Yes I'm looking for a good gel pencil so any recommendations would be happily recieved.
MissQT
1547 posts
I love crayon eyeliners, the ones that are like a pencil and twist up and down. I find them really smooth to apply and I like hat you don't have to bother sharpening them all the time just twist up.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Ooh, first of lets just say i am an eyeliner girl. I know some people dont see the point, but it is a makeup product that i wear every single day. I love using liquid eyeliner for my top lid, but for a smokey look, im all about the EOH black eye pencil. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm a combo of both liquid and cream pencil. I'm enjoying th UD glide on liner and I use the ZA still as its the only one I own. I want the Kat Von d tattoo liner limited edition I'm not liking the za as much as at first because it seems to feather and make a mess on my inner eye tear duct well inner top part so I don't line fully with it. It's great for beginning to use liquid but I've seem to slowly mastered the lining with this . So for this I'm grateful to the pen lol but I'm needing to change up from it.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Binary Beauty, eyeliner is essential to my daily make up as well. I don't understand how anyone could think otherwise.
amandaxoxo
24 posts
I use the elf liquid eyeliner for an everyday kind of winged eye look as it is like $5 or so and works nicely and for my waterline I use a eye pencil from Rimmel I think???
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Mechanical pencil/crayon is my go to but only because the brown I use on my eyebrows as well on occasion.
DianaN
143 posts
I'm definitely a gel liner lover! It's just easier for me to get a precise application. Pencil is great for tight lining. I'm trying to experiment with liquid liner, but I'm finding it more difficult to use than gel. Still - practice makes perfect right?
DianaN
143 posts
oh and following on, I'm keen on trying some of those gel in a pencil liners! 
janini9
341 posts
I've always used pencils and have been into way out colours from my early twenties. I'm learning to use the felt type liners and liquid, well let's say painting has never been a strong skill and isn't showing signs of improving. I am however loving the use of a good brush and eyeshadow liner technique for eyeliner.
alyshajayne
92 posts
Pencil for everyday, I find I can get this done the fastet!

But I also really love my cake eyeliner! I find it more user friendly than my gel. I use both from a 'pot' with a fine eyeliner brush, the gel is a nightmare to get off the brush. The cake is used with a small bit of water (kind of like water paint I guess!) it goes on nice and dark and if you make a mistake you can spot remove it easier than the gel!
alyshajayne
92 posts
Oh! I also use a lot of my eyeshadows in the same way as the cake eyeliner for a huge aray of different colours! It stays on really well! 
Helen85
7 posts
Definiately pencil for me. Guess I'm a little old school, haha.
Rezee
1964 posts
I dont really discriminate with liners, I love and use them all!
I prefer pencils or gel pencils for my bottom line but I use anything for my top line. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!