Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

16 posts, 10 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I really need to get a new concealer. In the past I have mostly gone for stick concealers because they covered up any imperfections, but I'll try anything.

What concealers do you recommend or find best?
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I should also add, I'm mostly looking at drugstore type brands since I'm trying to save some spending money to buy lots of make up in the states.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
For brightness I have found Maybeline age rewind nice it doesn't have full coverage but it's nice.
For concealing & highlighting I also like both brands Collection cosmetics from Countdown it's buildable coverage & has an all day stay. La girl hd concealer it's creasy & if you don't like the applicator you can just depot it.
Hope this helps.
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm using the Collection concealer and I like it too Keri.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I used Rimmel's Hide the Blemish concealer stick for years but find that as I'm getting older it tends to cake in fine lines.  I've now switched to e.l.f.'s Perfect Blend Concealer, as its liquid.  I got mine from KMart but I see it's also called "Tone Correcting Concealer" in some countries or with some importers
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
MareeB I've heard it being said it's a dupe for the Nars creamy radiant which I wouldn't know as I haven't tried yet but Nars creamy radiant concealer is on my wishlist.

As Macs has referred to Rimmel I also did enjoy the Rimmel concealer came in a tube(of course :p) that had a brush applicator just the same as the LA girl hd concealer. I forget the name asides from the brand & description.

Macs I've found dabbing a tiny amount of oil any kind (for the face of course) has reduced the cakey settling look into my fine lines or/& dryness, with the same being said for the setting powder on top & it doesn't disturb the perfromance of the concelaer.
MareeB
5244 posts
Is it Keri? I really like it. It works very well for me :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Well funnily enough the Collection Cosmetics Concealer, the Rimmel Hide Me Blemish Concealer and the LA Girl Pro Concealer have been the three I've been contemplating.

I'm still contemplating whether the stick or the more liquid concealer is better. Guess I may have to test them out side by side.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
It's crystalclear yes the down side of the collection cosmetics concealer is the wand & not being able to easily access the full amount unless depotting with a spatula either from z palette or ebay.

MareeB yes & it's cheap as chips for its performance plus counted as groceries since it's available at Countdown :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Yes I definitely like the Rimmel one best for applicator. I've tried the LA Girl one before and I don't love the little brush applicator. I probably like a wand slightly better. My only reservation with the Rimmel one is whether it will crease under the eyes.
Macs
5351 posts
The only concealer I've tried is La girl, collection cosmetics pen and Elf. Haven't tried Rimmel yet. I've got my eyes on Benefit Boing. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've tried several but I'm not really happy with any of them! Maybelline, Soap and Glory, IT Cosmetics, LA Girl... Nope. So I'll be following this thread.
trudijoy
8375 posts
mine comes free with my foundation (Stila Stay All Day) and I really like it, a lot, esp as it's perfectly colour matched to the foundation. I sometimes use matte eyeshadow primer on blemishes, let it dry, then put foundation over it, which works too
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm a big fan of the Collection Concealer - fantastic price as well. I have heard that some people find it too dry though so if that is a concern for you then steer clear.

I've tried the Nars radiant one and I wasn't fussed. Didn't do anything special and I found the coverage pretty average. I do want to try the Urban Decay one though! Will wait until I can see the colour range in person though.
MissQT
1547 posts
Maybelline age rewind is great for under eye area as its really brightening. Maybelline fit me is also good, but doesn't really have high coverage. I also have the collection one but the shade  is a bit light for me so I only use it as a brightening one. I find the LA one to have good coverage but I find it goes a bit cakey during the day. I've heard the thin Lizzy concealer has great coverage.
swamphen
73 posts
Favourite is the balm 'timebalm' I just wish it came in a bigger pot!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!