Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Silver goddesses, bold colours.. where do you fit?

25 posts, 19 members
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
My hair is naturally dark brown. So dark I have been told many times it's black. It's annoyed me as when I want to do bright colours I have to bleech first. Well last night I was super excited to find a silver hair on my head! I can't find it again today so I'll look for that silver sparkle tonight again.
Why am I excited? Cause hopefully I can go crazy cool colours when more come through. Is that how it works? Do grey hairs hold colourful hair dyes?

Are you a silver goddess? Do you try hide yours or pull them out? Or are you excited like me to find them?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I have a few silvers and dye my hair a dark red. I really like my silvers as they pick up the colour.  It doesn't last long though. I still prefer them to the mousey brownish grey hair by my temples that never ever takes any colour at all. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I am 100% grey under my dye, and my *grumble* hair grows like freaking wildfire so although they take the dye well they're soon visible again
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have yet to find a silver hair! (At the ripe old age of 27 mind you) But I have a feeling I never will as I already get my hair dyed so often. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
In the salon... my gumby hand cant cope with diy hair dye atm lol
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I've wondered myself how well grey hair would take to brighter colours.

I'm salt and pepper grey but dye it dark brown and it's due for a roots do. I've got the dye, just need to stop procrastinating and get on with it lol
Ringy
825 posts
I foun my first greys mid last year- and they have been coming in strong since. The hair dresser was just picking through and dying them but now there is too many- they are mainly new hair so they are shirt and stick up and they definitely grow faster than my regular hair! I'm not ready for full grey yet.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
So do colours not last long over grey hairs? I thought it would make it more vibrant and kind of stain the light colour? I'm doing well considering next year is the big 40
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't found heaps only one white hair so far. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I have 5 or 6 grey hairs at the top of my head. A benefit to being 6'1 is that people can't see them when I'm standing lol. I'm slack at dying my hair, the last time was probably 6 months ago? I find the greys don't hold colour for long. They show up well before the regrowth gets down to that level. If you're regularly dying, it will be fine.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have found a few and just left them as I hadn't decided what to do with them. Then I got blond highlights through and made them harder to find.
Mila
1209 posts
I havent found anything at this stage but I have a feeling it might be harder to spot in my naturally darker blonde hair....
mallomiss
569 posts
I've been going grey since I was 16... I have sooo many now :( mostly white too...
They do pick up bright colours more so than other colours but they don't hold colour very well.
I'm back to a boring chocolate brown as my hair needs a break & I have re colour my roots every 4 - 6 weeks.
I am excited though to have full grey/white hair when I'm older & do the coloured rinses!! I'm going to rock the granny rinse with my faded tattoos & winged eyeliner haha (seen something to that effect on facebook)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've been lucky to not have found a silver hair as yet and that is good I think for coming on 35.  However I have been dying my hair since I was 15 so there might be something to it, but haven't seen any silvery flecks in the root area.  I'm like you Ong as soon as the grey makes itself known I'll be a unicorn of multiple colours be it pastel or bright this getting old thing isn't going to dim my shine.  Aiming to be that crazy 80 year old in the home with thousands of cats and bright hair woohoo!!
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm totally planning to get all the crazy rinses when I'm old too, plus drink and swear!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I think I will cry when I find my first grey hair.  That is just my personal opinion but grey can be hot!  I am only 31 so I hope to have a while to go yet.  I come from good gene's my dad is 51 and yet to go grey at all and my nana who is 71 has got maybe 10 on her whole head.  Fingers crossed I get that.
mallomiss
569 posts
Drinking & swearing will absolutely be in my granny repitoire
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lol us BR babe's are going to make pretty dam awesome old ladies. Rainbows of hair everywhere
Lutece
1849 posts
I love how youve put the greys, a silver goddess sounds a lot more empowering :)

I dont have any which is a surprise because my family become silver goddesses quite early, my dad went grey/white quite young and every time I did bright colours in my hair he would have some in his hair too, but it never turned out like mine. Once I put a bright blue in my hair and I put some in his hair, my hair went blue and his hair went purple haha! That was a funny day.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm a dark blonde and have only ever found one grey ... a few months after moving to NZ and a month before my 35th birthday.  I asked hubby to check and confirm if it was a grey and much to my disgust, he plucked it out!  I'm a firm believe in first trying to age gracefully, silver highlights and all, and if that fails there's always dye!  Needless to say, my silver highlight has never grown back and I haven't found any more.  It must have been from all the stress of the international move.  Lol.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Silver. What a lovely way of looking at it. I have found 3 in the last 5 years and hope to keep it that way.
MareeB
5249 posts
I have only grey - God help me if dye finds its way near me :)
crystalfisk282
13 posts
I really like my silvers as they choose up large.  It does not last though.

Tanning Lotions | Fake Bake
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I convinced my man to stop dyeing his hair & call him my Titanium man.
I have a few silver highlights, and really need to start just using semipermanent dye, to keep the roots covered as I try to grow them out. 
Some of them do grow is the oddest manner - those ones get pulled out, until they learn to behave!
Ringy
825 posts
hey do grow in a unique manner don't they? Like super fast and a different texture! I have a super grey- it is undyeable- the hair dresser has tried the stronger dye but it didn't take at all! The stronger dye throws more gold too which I hate so we decided to just rip it out for now. If any more stubborn ones make an appearance I'm going platinum blonde until I'm a granny.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!