Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - you on holidays yet? What do you have planned?

19 posts, 9 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Tomorrow's my first day of three weeks off (sounds blissful!) but they're washing my apartment building starting at 7 fricking 30 am, so i'll probs go find some brunch instead of sleeping in.

I have a couple days in Queenstown followed by a few up North. New Years is still up in the air a bit, then it's back to the grind 2nd week of Jan
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol sounds like a terrible wake up call Trudi. I am working apart from the stat days so will be with family. Eating, drinking and relaxing. I have 2 weeks off on 25th January so am counting down the days until that :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
probably better having the later leave in some ways, Lisa!

My next week off is Easter (off to Hawaii) so pretty stoked to get two breaks quite close together (i'm choosing to forget how hectic Feb will be lol)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'll probably be the one cooking the Christmas dinner for my family. I'm looking forward to seeing how much on discount there is on the Boxing Day sales on some items I have my eye on. Already have some carts online that haven't been checked out. 
Macs
5351 posts
I hoping to have Breakfast out at Mt Wellington Xmas morning after children have opened their presents . That afternoon I start my shift and finish late at night. I’ll have dinner at work. My first time working Xmas. Boxing Day I hope to do a spot of shopping with my children. Breakfast with my mother in law at my favourite cafe. That afternoon I’ll be back to work .Ill have three days off I’m hoping to take my kids to the beach or pools. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa yeah it was pretty annoying! Esp when people were all like 'oh but contractors have a job to do' etc. Do your job in normal hours! :/ lol

Ended up a good day though, i had a beach walk and brunch at the new cafe that's opened on the park at Mission Bay, then a bit of shopping at St Lukes (checked out the My Chemist Warehouse that opened there!) thn Mum shouted coffee and hot chips at the Wintergarden, then I did a couple things and finished with a wine on the beach at St Heliers.

I have to pack for my trip and i can't be bothered so it'll probably happen during the shorty final
trudijoy
8375 posts
which cafes in Mount Wellington do you like, Macs? My faves are mostly in Meadowbank, Mission Bay and Ellerslie but I'm always looking for new ones haha
Macs
5351 posts
I’m a cafe hopper . I love trying new places all the time . I like Casablanca cafe , Wellness Cafe and Butlers chocolate cafe (regular there , get a free chocolate of your choice with every drink you buy) . 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I am working right through.  I dont mind that, time and a half and days in lieu are good for later in the year. We are planning a week away somewhere maybe in February while the weather is great and everyone is back at school and work.
MareeB
5244 posts
I have two weeks off starting from Friday. I'm hoping to spend some time visiting the local beaches and hunting for crystals with my son. We have the most amazing spiritual beaches around here - around the Moeraki boulders are lots of crystalised rocks. It's a wonderful place to recharge your soul :)
Kimrose
1419 posts
Sounds amazing Maree, I hope you find some lovely crystals
MareeB
5244 posts
Thank you Kim! I bring them home and have some large ones that I have facing the sun - I feel like they attract rays of positivity towards the house.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Nope not on holidays yet, I don't finish until Friday unfortunately and sadly not feeling very festive this year. We have lost some loved ones and still struggling to come to terms with the fact that they won't be here to celebrate with us, so we are just going to have a very small Christmas with hubby and the kids at home. Then we will catch up with the rest of the family at a later date.

Definitely looking forward to the break as this will be my first proper break since last Christmas and need to catch up on some much needed sleep and time with hubby and the kids.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs - nice, I keep walking past the Butlers at the mall and not going in! My faves atm are Mission Bay Cafe, Molooko Meadowbank, Charlie and George Stonefields, Melba Ellerslie and Urban Verge (which is opposite the observatory on Manukau Road.)

Had brunch yesterday at Mission Bay Pavilion which was lovely - citrus, mint and feta avocado on sourdough with bacon and chilli flakes eaten within view of the water <3
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs - nice, I keep walking past the Butlers at the mall and not going in! My faves atm are Mission Bay Cafe, Moloko Meadowbank, Charlie and George Stonefields, Melba Ellerslie and Urban Verge (which is opposite the observatory on Manukau Road.)  There are several good Columbus Cafes aound as well, and Ara-Tai out at Mission Bay is quite lovely too.

Had brunch yesterday at Mission Bay Pavilion which was lovely - citrus, mint and feta avocado on sourdough with bacon and chilli flakes eaten within view of the water <3
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mumof3munchkins - I'm so sorry to hear that hon - last xmas was our first without both Dad and his younger brother. We made it about the babies and about the people who were left to celebrate, raised a glass to Dad and took out flowers on Boxing Day to where his ashes are scattered. In the end, it was a lovely Xmas.

It's not going to be as hard as you fear but it'll have its tough moments - hang in there and hit me up if you need an ear from someone who knows x
Imoshen
461 posts
Completely off topic here but something not everyone will know.  If you have an ASB credit card you can get 15% off brunch in cafes that aren't in shopping malls.  

Purchases must be made between 8am and 12 pm on a Saturday or Sunday during December.  

You pay the full price at the Cafe and ASB will reimburse you when the transaction goes through.

Anyway, not common knowledge so thought it might be useful for some :).
Macs
5351 posts
I have a brunch date on friday. I will check some of those places that you mentioned out.  Wow I didn’t know that Imoshen.
Julieal
915 posts
I am off the 2 short weeks and have 2 of my granddaughters staying for the first week so that should be fun -Hopefully the good weather continues .

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!