Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Drama at The Ordinary

38 posts, 12 members
Imoshen
461 posts
I no longer use products from The Ordinary but I know many of you do.  I have just been reading that Brandon has had another brainstorm of closing The Ordinary until further notice.  

This means his stores are closed as well and although they are fulfilling current orders I do not know if they are processing new ones.

If you have a favourite product, I suggest you either look for an alternative or get some stock in until you can find an alternative.

I will be waiting to see what drops out from this ....
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Wait whaaaat? What's happening with it?
Julieal
915 posts
Sad !! Obviously not a viable business
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'd already decided awhile ago not to replace my The Ordinary products when I finish them due to all the drama - I just don't like the way Brandon conducts business. Latest news I've seen is that Estee Lauder, who own a share of the company, are trying to get him removed. It's full on crazeeeee.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Charmmy-Kitty, a quick google will tell you all about it. Deciem's instagram is pretty 'interesting'.
tannygirl
3392 posts
What?! NOOOOO! I've been using that affordable brand for over a year! I don't want to have to pay top dollar for scientific ingredients from posh brands. :'-(

MareeB
5244 posts
OMG that really does sound crazy. Maybe he's manic? kinda sounds that way. Shame Estee Lauder is associated with it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, there are some brands that are supposed to be as good, at a similar price point: Garden of Wisdom (available from Victoria Health in the UK) and a new brand The Inkey List. I haven't tried these myself but have heard good things about them.

Maree, I suspect yout might be right.
MissDilly
229 posts
I stopped repurchasing TO when he went off the rails a couple of months ago.  There's plenty of info/blogs online if you google Dupes for The Ordinary etc.  I just replaced TO Buffet with Dear, Klairs Midnight Youth drops - which so far are as good as Buffet, for my skin at least.... 
MareeB
5244 posts
Thanks for the tip MissDilly! to be honest though, all of my products (except some recent CC cream from Moisture Mist) come from BBBEs, trials or the Vault. No wonder I love BR so much!!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks, Miss Dilly. That's a brand I've been wanting to try. I've noticed The Ordinary has disappeared off this site too.
MissDilly
229 posts
I like my BBBE products too (the last box - Evolu Facial Serum - so amazing at night - and smells like a rose garden! LOVE)....... but Buffet really worked for my dry skin - but thankfully there's loads of amazing brands to replace it  :) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
And.....he’s gone!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh this doesn't sound good. I've heard tannygirl rave about The Ordinary for a while now and always wanted to try but just never got round to it. Glad I haven't purchased anything yet as I wouldn't want to fall in love with the products and then not be able to buy them again.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Gonna check out the Inkey list found them on cultbeauty.

Imoshen
461 posts
I have been using the Midnight Youth from Klairs and it's nice and moisturising but I won't be repurchasing.  I am trying to cut down a whole lot of unnecessary steps in my skincare so it isn't as complicated.

TannyGirl - check out Timeless Skincare as they have something similar to The Buffet and they are also very reaonably priced.  

There was a thread on Skincare Addiction that went through a whole heap of dupes for TO products which I have saved so if you do have a favourite product I could post some of that information for you.

Oh, I lied!  There is a product that I use from The Ordinary that I would absolutely repurchase - Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution.  This is a great product and I really enjoy using it.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'd love to see that list Imoshen. I'm also wondering where's the best place to buy Timeless Skincare from price wise? 

How was the Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution?  I'm also curious about the Midnight Youth from Klairs. I've used their cleansing oil, sheet masks and I have their toner and calming night cream to use when I run out of my current products so I was looking into trying it at some point.
Julieal
915 posts
I Love Evolu since I tried from BR - really lovely products tanny girl so may be worth a look
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Evolu does have some really nice products but when it comes to the best price for scientific based ingredients the Ordinary rules. I do really like the overnight mask from Evolu, it was one of the ones that turned me on to sleeping masks.
Imoshen
461 posts
TannyGirl - You can find it on reddit if you search for The Ordinary Dupes.  If not, if you want some suggestions for products you are using, let me know which ones because the list is 4 pages long.

You can buy Timeless Skincare direct from them.  Many, many people love their Vitamin C serum.

The Ethylated Ascorbic Acid is really nice, doesn't sting, slightly oily that soaks into the skin, doesn't smell and leaves your skin feeling nice and soft.  For helping pigmentation, not too sure on that front and I do have other products to help with it but it doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out.  If I have to buy it direct from The Ordinary at $40 I'll be happy with that.
KiwiLass
174 posts
Whaaaaat! Nooooooo I have fallen in love with The Ordinary, this really is sad news.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Imoshen, I am currently using the

-Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone   mixed with 

- Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%

- Marine Hylauronics

- the Buffet

- Granactive Retinoid Emulsion 2%

I also really love the glycolic toner, alpha arbutin 2% + hylauronic acid and niacinamide + zinc 1%.  
Imoshen
461 posts
KiwiLass - don't worry, now that Brandon has been removed as CEO I think things will return to normal and they will continue on their world domination drive.

TannyGirl - that's quite a list.  Probably easier for me to find the reddit thread than to list alternatives so here you go.  Here is the UK one and in that is a link to the US based list.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Oh gosh I hope so. It'd be a shame to close a successful company with affordable, raved about products because of one guy that's going off the rails. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Read an article about all the crazy stuff he did on their instagram and honestly I'm surprised they didn't get rid of him sooner. The man seemed like he was bonkers. 
KiwiLass
174 posts
I see the dupes list includes Mad Hippie, which you can get via iherb - their vitamin c serum really is amazing, great for day wear to boost sunscreen. I've noticed more glowing skin since using it.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh no . I didn’t get to try The Ordinary. I’m trying to stay focused on using my products up . I was looking forward to trying too .
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The stores in Canada reopened on the weekend. Whilst Brandon may no longer be in charge, he still is a share holder in the company and therefore still profits from it. So I'm still not buying. There are plenty of other brands out there waiting to be tried. 

I must try the Maddie Hippie vit c serum. I'm currently using a mini of the Drunk Elephant one. It's nice but not spectacular enough for me to purchase the full size. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    So Beautylish, the site that stocked, the Ordinary at the best prices won't be restocking the Ordinary. I wonder if Cultbeauty will still stock it? 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Omg no! I was waiting for beautylish to restock on theOrdinary because I really liked their salicylic acid and the niacinamide. Do you know any other sites that have it relative cheap?
KiwiLass
174 posts
it's still on Cult Beauty
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It popped up on my Facebook earlier that Life Pharmacy now have The Ordinary to order online. There was only a few products but did include The Buffet and the Vitamin C product. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Charmmy-Kitty the Niacinamide is back in stock on Beautylish. I got an e-mail that the Buffet is back in stock so ordered 3 bottles this morning. I'm guessing the restock requests were made before Beautylish decided to not continue to carry the brand so I don't know if they'll continue to stock it once they run out of the most recent stock, but it is available for purchase atm. 
Imoshen
461 posts
Ooooooooooooooooooo Life Pharmacy has the L-Ascorbic Powder in stock.  I've been waiting for La Femme Beauty to get that for ages so guess what I accidentally ordered ;).

Shame they didn't have the Advanced Retinoid 2% as I've really been enjoying using that on the back of my hands.
Helibabi
101 posts
Wow just saw the email that farmers is now stocking this! It’s popping up everywhere. 
Imoshen
461 posts
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *heads over to Farmers webpage* Oh it's only a small amount of products that are from the line.

Life Pharmacy cancelled my order of the L-Ascorbic Acid too.  Turns out their website made a mistake and it isn't actually available and they have no idea when they will get it in.  And NZ companies wonder why we order from overseas ....

tannygirl
3392 posts
    I find the prices alot cheaper overseas. Beautylish had most of the lower priced serums like the Niacinamide for around 10NZD when you converted the currency. New Zealand stockists want at least 20NZD for it. 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I was looking at Farmers website yesterday and they have added a lot more products from The Ordinary. Looks like they will be sold online only by them as well. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!