Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

A wee heads up...

49 posts, 25 members
Head Pixie
569 posts
Evening! 

Just thought we'd give you a bit of a heads up...

Remember how we've some big, exciting changes coming up? In the next few weeks you'll be seeing a heap of new products appear on the site aaaaaaand, you may also see some brands and products disappear from the site as we update the product catalogue during the data integrity process.

If a product you reviewed is removed don't panic, you won't lose your points. 

And, as always, if you've any questions it's best to email us at [email protected].

Big things are coming!! (Can you tell we're excited!?!?!)

Pix XXX

MareeB
5244 posts
Thank you Pixie - that does sound exciting :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Squeeee! ... I can’t wait to see all the new changes!
MissDilly
229 posts
Exciting!!! Can't wait :) 
Helibabi
101 posts
Exciting can't wait to see 
Kimrose
1419 posts
Oh thats so exciting.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds exciting!!!
EliseMM
120 posts
Hi Head Pixie, just a quick question...

Over the last few months I've intermitently sent through 3 different messages via the site contact form requesting products to be added to the database for reviewing, including NZ brands such as Antipodes and Herb Farm. The products I requested still haven't been added to BR... Are product requests just not being received when sent through the contact form? Or is there a reason that some products might not be added to BR? (all the products I requested are still current lines available in stores).

Thanks for your help!
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hi Elise!

Thanks for your question - and for your product requests!

There's a tonne of work going on with the product catalogue right now and hundreds of products being added every week. Specific requests are being passed onto the upload team to implement, but we do ask that everyone be patient with us at the moment as the workload's really heavy (hellooooooooo 6am!). We do have a method to our madness though - and all will be revealed! (And this is where I have to get my Secret Squirrel pants on!)

Pix X
SandyGedge
394 posts
Thanks head pixie :-) that sounds super exiting!
AboutFace
413 posts
Oh this does sound exciting :-)
KiwiLass
174 posts
Thanks Head Pixie, I can't wait to see he new site!
Julieal
915 posts
Thanks for the heads up -You ladies work so hard and lovely to know ahead
r_keay
5 posts
It will great to be part of the changes
Skibunny
7 posts
Yay, this is the coolest site, happy to be a part of it too!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Exciting. Thanks for the heads up :)
MareeB
5244 posts
Welcome r_keay!
Macs
5351 posts
Look forward to seeing the new changes. I’ve seen a lot of products being added too . 
triffid
151 posts
Yay a change is as good as a holiday.Looking forward  to seeingthe new goodies too
Awesome.  I'm curious to see the changes!
ree_nz
247 posts
Oooh I am looking forward to seeing the changes! And just in time as I see myself finding time (now life has settled down somewhat) to finally jump back on here :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
eek this sounds super exciting, can't wait to see the changes x
MissQT
1547 posts
Oooh sounds good. I’ll be looking out for the changes!
tabucutie
1811 posts
"Benefit" looks like it has been removed, I was excited to place my first review on this brand. Oh well.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Love seeing the new products that are being added for reviews. There are so many different products out there.
Julieal
915 posts
Always good to see new products - Nothing like a refresh to get me excited again.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Some of them were from the last couple of BBBE boxes and I wondered why they were not on the site. Atleast they are now :)
MareeB
5244 posts
Yeah yay Tabucutie - because almost everything I have comes from BBBEs!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Almost everything from Lush is gone :-(
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Interesting.....a lot of those Lush products are no longer available though so maybe they’re having a clear out and then reloading current products?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I often wondered if they were going to filter out the products that are no longer available.

Its cool that they are on there (I have reviewed a few lol), but if they are no longer available then it probably isn't really helping anyone, only teasing them.

I know I would be annoyed to read reviews on a product, get excited about trying it only to find out it was discontinued or a limited edition. I think its a good thing (just my thoughts though).
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I hope they add the brand back because we have alot of Lushies (Lush lovers) on here. I was looking for reviews on the face masks since I have five empty pots and lo behold, the brand was no more on this site. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh the actual brand itself has been removed? Sorry I must have read your post wrong as I thought you said they had almost all gone. I thought they had removed a few not the actual brand itself.

I'm sure with how popular the brand is, it will be added in (too many Lushie Lovers in here not to ha ha ha).
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap, Lush seems to have disappeared altogether now! A lot of the brands/products I use aren’t on BR now :-(

Tannygirl, if it’s any help, my favourite fresh masks are Brazen Honey and Don’t Look At Me. I’m not a fan of clay masks so I tend to avoid the rest of their masks. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Goodness me - no Lush????
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Thanks Suzi I'll check those out today. I got a really bad bout of hayfever and have a raw nose so might have to wait on picking a mask up since they have a three week life span to use up, but yes I prefer mud to clay masks since I feel it does more. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Speaking of Lush, im in Chch atm and off to Lush today.....excited as we don't have one where I live :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, I don't really like mud masks either lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh I hope Lush does get relisted. Soozie, I’m a bit the same, current fave brands aren’t all on here.

My fave Lush masks are Brazened Honey, Catastrophe Cosmetic and Cup of Coffee. I don’t like mud/clay masks either. Atm my fave mask type is leave-on sleeping masks; love me a gel eye mask too.

I got my hands on the American Cream SG yesterday but between the competition finishing and me going down hard with some manner of flu bug I haven’t tried it yet
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I like overnight masks too and my HG Ren Glycolactic mask. I don't really do masks that often as I don't feel I really need them. My elaborate skincare regime seems to be doing the job lol. I just get the Lush ones as I always have five empty pots kicking around. I wish they'd exchange them for a 'naked' product like a bath bomb instead of a product with a short life span that also comes in plastic! 

Where did you get the American Cream SG from Trudi? I thought they were online only? Not that I need any more shower gels. I'd like to smell them instore first too. Hope you feel better soon! Well done on the competition.  I'm pleased with our placing on the leaderboard considering I only had a few peeps doing it during form time. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it was online only and sold out so I got one in the Lush Buy and Sell FB group in the end; I looooove the smell of the conditioner but it’s too light for my hair so I can’t use it. I knew I’d like this; can’t wait to try it out but by the same token if I love it and can’t re-buy I’ll be sad.

Thanks, it was 6 months of work but for such a fantastic project, still can’t believe we got 7000 plus people involved! Great to see your lot amongst them! :) Kia ora moo too tautoko o taku kaupapa :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ahhh, it doesn't pay to fall in love with anything from Lush as they're bound to take it away from you! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I saw on the online website they are going to have rose jam available year around. I'd buy it if my skin wasn't so sensitive. I wish they'd come out with a rose jam perfume, I'd buy that! 

I love face masks, sleeping masks are so convenient and easy to use. Results wise I like the results smooth skin I get from peels with acids (would be nice if they didn't sting but no pain no gain) and the plumping effect and glow I get with sheet masks, also the nice clean skin I get from mud masks. I really like the ones where you can see the oily dots as it dries although I find it easier to use a moisturizing mud/clay mask after peels since I double mask.

Currently using the Trilogy Mineral Radiance ones after peels and it is a staple. I have a friend that smokes (well her one vice, she eats ridiculously healthy other than that) and she said the Trilogy mask I gave her really makes her skin look healthy despite her bad habit. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, there is a Rose Jam body spray which smells just like the shower gel. The scent lasts all day and people always comment when I wear it  I've even had strangers on the street ask me what it is. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oooh thanks for letting me know! It went on the to buy list immediately. I'm not a huge fan of body sprays, I don't think I've owned one in years but I need it!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, I'm not a body spray fan at all! Especially not Impulse and Lynx when it's sprayed around my classroom! The Rose Jam body spray comes in a 100ml bottle in the Rose Jam gift that also has a small shower gel and a Ro's Argan body conditioner in it. That's what I've got and the small bottle seems like it will last ages. The scent does stays the same on your skin all day though. It doesn't develop like a perfume would. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
     Oooh yay! I'll get the gift instead since it is better value. Thanks for letting me know about it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I think it is a better way to try the spray out. The gift box has been avialable since the beginning of the year so we've actually been able to get Rose Jam all year this way. 

Oh and another thing....when I first tried the body spray, I also tried on a Jo Malone rose perfume that day on another wrist. They actually smelt very similar but the JM disappeared on me very quickly.  
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I was in Ballantynes the other day and spritz one of the Jo Malone fragrances, it smelt nice but it faded in like 10 minutes. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!