Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

68 posts, 22 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
The winter weather has definately taken a toll on my lips this year. My holy grail is blistex lip conditioning balm and I have also been using wild ferns manuka honey soothing balm. What are you using at the moment? I'm looking to venture out and try something different. Dry, chapped lips are not a good look lol :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
im loving the Frank lip balm and scrub at the moment!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhh nice! I didn't know Frank did lip balm. I have ordered from them before so this interests me :-) Thanks Trudi
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup it's all got that sweet coffee scent and taste as well :D i love their stuff <3
tannygirl
3392 posts
My faves are the Hurraw balms. I use the moon or night treatment one at night which is more moisturizing that the other ones in the collection and the sun protect one during the day since it has spf. And I like the Elf studio lip exfoliator since it's handy to exfoliate my lips.
Macs
5351 posts
Once I finish this Hurraw , I'm looking trying Crazy Rumours lip balm can be found at Cotton on or Cotton on Body.
Ringy
825 posts
Lip balms seem to be the only product I can have a reaction to. Some of the cheap chemist ones are particularly hazardous for me. I'm really liking the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip balms- I have 3, one clear, Blush (pink tinted) and Plum (darker reddy/brown tint). The plum colour is my favourite and I find them very moisturising. 
JessB
219 posts
I've recently tried a few different lip balms, looking for one that suits me. First I tried the peach shine from Blistex because it was on special, it didn't really help with the hydration of my lips, next I got the new blistex natural pawpaw lip balm, that worked ok but there was so little product in the tube! Now I'm using the Sunkin paw paw ointment which works well.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Trudi, that sounds awesome!! I've wanted to try their body scrubs for yonks.

I'm currently using a lip balm by Anoint, but I'm not sure where to purchase as I recieved mine in an advent calendar last year, but man I love it. The lip balm is poured into the plastic containers inside Kinder Surprises - it's cute but I had trouble opening mine so I found a small jar and filled it.

I'm swapping that between LUSH Honey Trap and a Chapstick 2 n 1 - one happens to be in the bedroom and the other is in my bag and in my box of things next to the sofa for easy reach.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've been using my own homemade lipbalms this year and they're amazing! Hardly ever get chapped lips these days. I put in beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin e oil, tiny bit of olive oil, chia seed oil, and peppermint oil for scent.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Some great suggestions thanks ladies! Ohhhh making your own lip balm sounds amazing :-)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
It's super easy too, I just melt everything together in the microwave then pour into empty eos lipbalm containers. Instant new eos!
Kimrose
1419 posts
I have only just started using lip balms, I only ever use it at bed time as I wear lippie all day. I use EOS which I bought when I was on holiday last year.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm also using an EOS one that jumped into my trolley when I was in a slow moving queue at Walmart lol. My favourite would probably be the Sierra Bees ones which are cheap as chips on iherb. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
My absolute favourite lipbalm at the moment is Out of Africa - Orange Dreamsicle.  It is so moisturising and lasts for ages so I don't have to keep re-applying.  I buy mine from iHerb as I haven't found anywhere local that sells them yet.  Crazy Rumours is another great brand too.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Off to check out iherb :-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he just type in lipbalm and omg, hope you have a deep wallet lol
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Soozie I love sierra bees lipbalms too! One time they had some first timer special so I got the 8 pack for only 2USD!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
OMG hahaha I created an account but there are sooooooo many to choose from. I will pick a few that you all suggested.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I suggest first aid beauty lip therapy treatment. This has been life saving for me it's hydating and does absorb into the lips not leaving any film or tackiness. For $22 it's well worth it I got mind from Sephora NZ.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Charmy the 8 pack is there for $2. I have it in my cart.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Wiil have a look Keri, thanks :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisa-lou wait until you see what else is on iherb. It's like falling down a rabbit hole!

I got a pack of Sierra Bees really cheap too, Charmmy-kitty. It was a few years back when I was on roaccutane and had to apply lip balm hourly and therefore have one in every bag, pocket etc. I've also got the tinted ones but dont like those so much. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Haha Soozie...do I dare look!
Emily-jane
314 posts
Lip balms are one of my biggest weakness. I can't stop raving about the pure fiji one currently. It smells like pina colada and melts onto your lips.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Only look if you want to see ELF, Real Technics brushes, Korean beauty products, Pixi........oh, and if use supplements, iherb is the cheapest place by far! 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I just got all excited and searched on iherb because those lipbalms are actually so worth it. But the shipping price now with iherb is so expensive so not sure if I still want to make an order. They've ELF for super cheap too, and heaps of health foods. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
You have to really play around with your cart on iherb now to get the best shipping rates. Look out for 'shipping saver' on items and that will bring the cost down. I've managed to get cheap or even free shipping even since they put the prices up. Sierra Bees is a 'shipping saver' brand!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got 12 lip balms all up for $18.95 so pretty stoked with that. Shipping was only $5. Woohoo looking forward to that parcel :-)
I'm a big fan of the Tui lip balms.  They're really good for my super dry lips. 
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Emily-Jane, where did you purchase the Pure Fiji lip balm? I love their range and use some of their other products, but I haven't seen the lip balm before. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh yes I love pure fiji too. I have the mango nourishing oil and it smells amazing. They are quite pricey though so would be interested in seeing how much the lip balm is.
Emily-jane
314 posts
I brought the lip balm on their nz website I think it was 12 dollars which is a bargain. I know some of the retailers who stock pure fiji also sell it. I always stock up when they have 20% discount.
Emily-jane
314 posts
Here is the link for the lipbalm. https://nz.purefiji.com/store/p/929-Lip-Balm-10ml.html?attribs=Face
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
The mint choc crazy rumors lip balm and the licorice hurraw lip balm would have to be my all time favorites.
alikat
423 posts
I'm jumping between a lip balm and a lip oil treatment at the moment. I'm carrying a Burts Bees lip balm in my handbag, which I love. But I've also got the Hourglass No. 28 Treatment Oil, which is horribly expensive and I dont think I would buy again. I wish I had got some more Burts Bees balms while I was in the USA. Might have to throw some into the next YouShop order :)

Somewhere I've also got a Korres Lip Balm kicking about and I have a Rosebud Perfume Company balm as well somewhere. Probably in handbags that are sitting on the shelves!

I never finish a lip balm. Anyone else have that problem?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Emily! Such a great price but unfortunately they are out of stock. @crystal I got a crazy rumours one in my order in mocha. Also someone mentioned the brand Out of Africa was good so I got one of those too. Soozie I got the 8 pack of sierra bees. Yay haha excited over lip balm.
Koni
444 posts
Lisa-Lou I love the Blistex Conditioning Lip Balm just hate dipping my fingers into the tub. I'm currently using the Best Damn Beauty Lip Mask and I love it! It keeps my lips feeling smooth and plump.

Emily-Jane I'm going to have to check out the Pure Fiji Lip Balm once I finish my current one - it sounds delish!!

Alikat I finished the By Terry Baume de Rose lip balm in June - took me 6 months with everyday use. I'm so glad I received it in the Beautylish Lucky Bag because I don't think it's worth the money.

trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh the Pure Fiji one is nice!

I'm really keen to try that By Terry one - I have a sample from Mecca Beauty Loop ; sad to hear it's not all that!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
@Koni you could try melt it into an empty lipbalm tube if you've had one? I had this mango lipbalm that smelled delicious but it felt so unhygienic using my finger, so I added a little beeswax and melted it into stick form. 
Imoshen
461 posts
I've been using Burts Bees but it's hideously expensive so I decided to try out Hurraw! which have been fantastic.  I'd say Hurraw! is way better than BB as they offer a night time balm and a sun protection balm as well as many lovely scents/tastes.

Couple of great places to buy them from too:

Oh Natural
Recreateyourself

Slightly cheaper to buy direct though.  They sent me a lovely note with my order and a free sample of something they are working on. 

Hurraw
Emily-jane
314 posts
I've been eyeing up the Tatcha gold Spun Camellia Lip Balm on Mecca website but at $48 not sure if I want to risk it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisa-Lou I was just doing an iherb order and couldn't resist adding the Sierra Bees 8 pack to my cart. Somehow I ended up getting them for free! I don't actually need them but......freeeeeeee!!!!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Haha nice Soozie! I can see iherb becoming a regular thing.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Iherb's definitely a regularly thing for me as I buy a lot of supplements. Come to think of it, I think my last Sierra Bees lip balms were free as they used to do free trial products when I first started ordering from them. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   If you don't mind splurging Bite Beauty has this Agave Lip Mask that's supposed to be a step up in nourishing and moisturizing your lips overnight. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have tried the Bite Beauty Lip Mask, it's nice but I haven't reached for it in a long time.

My lips were in terrible condition this month due to the weather/travelling and I found the Laneige Lip Mask was amazing at bringing them back to life and it's quite cheap considering how long it lasts. I think its $20 for a jar.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
So these lip balms are taking forever to get here. How long do iherb orders take? Tracking says package arrive in NZ on 26th July. Why is it taking so long!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Whar shipping method did you use? Mine hasn't arrived yet either. When I tracked it, I worked out it has gone via England lol. It's in NZ now. Auckland to Wellington is usually the slowest part of the journey too!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey Soozie. I used DHL just thought it would be faster than this. Hopefully it arrives next week :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!