Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Make up palettes

16 posts, 12 members
Can anyone recommend some good make up palettes? Looking for wide range of colours that you don't need to put 15 layers to be able to see. 

I used to use beauty books because they were small but stillhad the 4 eye shadows, 2 blushes and 2 lipsticks in them that you needed to get the look that book was for. 

Also wondering if anyone has tried the Msq cosmetic palettes? 

Thanks for for your advise in advance ladies :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
For just the eyes I am a Chi Chi palette girl. They have so many to choose from and the pigmentation is usually pretty strong. You can also wear them wet, with primer and with a solid white base to increase pigmentation. 
pintsize
1072 posts
I also recommend ChiChi, great pigmentation and wear for a good price and easily sourced.
Thanks girls, think I will have to go check out some chichi tomorrow just checked online and farmers have it discounted online at the moment :p 

trudijoy
8375 posts
Another vote for the chichi palettes, they're really, really great :) I have three (Smokeys, Taupes, Bases) and there are at least three more I'd consider - and two more being released soon (Smokeys 2 and Enchanted)
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I really do have to check out Chichi. I have heard so much about them. At the moment I'm loving my morphe 35w palette. Been using it everyday.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
If you're looking for a large palette with lots of colours, consider Coastal Scents or BH Cosmetics. Both companies do the same palettes and sometimes these can be found on Amazon or other online retailers, so shop around and check out prices before you buy.

I have two Coastal Scents, the 88 original and the 88 warm and I've found them to be really good quality, they're highly pigmented, don't crease and last all day.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
You are right Silvene. Bh cosmetics eyeshadow palettes were one of my first real eyeshadows. Very pigmented and the price is all right as well.
Macs
5351 posts
I was gifted a sleek pallette Vintage Romance. I useit more then my high end ones. Theres one colour there that's perfect for transition shade.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I have chi chi nude. I am (Mac nc 40 ) just for reference. I choose wrong chichi pallete I think.   Basically those colour are not for me. But definitely they are long last colour and pigment. 
As silvense said BH brand has big eyeshodow pallete.

Rezee
1964 posts
Rajvee, try wetting your brush. The more shimmery colours should come up more pigmented and hopefully show up better on you.?I prefer to spend a bit more on eyeshadow to get a better quality. Too Faced and Urban Decay are my top picks. Makeup Geek is really good too. I have yet to try viseart but they look amazing.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Thanks for the tips Reeze. Should I use makeup fix spray or water is fine? I like some of Makeupgeek eyeshodow. Thinking to get some. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have so many nude palettes. But I have seen some colourful ones through BH cosmetics and Chi chi. The ladies have already recommended some good ones! :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I recommend Urban Decay they're pigmented, good colour pay off &long; lasting. Then KVD have great pigmentation I've stepped back from using colours or shadows but am a lover of them if that makes sense another brand is Lora they have creamy formula with awesome colour pay off.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Urban Decay is epic Keri. I have the Shadow Box and a friend is buying me one to bring over in a couple weeks. I thought I wanted Alice Through The Looking Glass but I think I'll go Vice 4. Their new Spectrum one that's coming out is a must-buy next time I'm in Oz I think.
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I'm not sure what your budget is but I can't recommend the Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Palette enough. It has every neutral matte shade you would ever need, it's very versatile and is extremely high quality.
For a well rounded natural palette I suggest the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette or any of the Lorac Palettes.
If you're looking for colourful shadows I would recommend choosing single shadows to get the colours you really want. Lots of brands do single pans but I've used the Coastal Scents Hot Pots and they're very affordable as well as good quality.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!