Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hair colour remover

10 posts, 5 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey ladies. I'm looking at stripping the black out of my hair so I can go violet. Just curious if anyone has tried a colour remover before and had great results. I have been dying my hair black for about 15 years lol eeeekk. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking for something I can do at home without spending ridiculous amounts of money at a hairdresser. Thanks :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I did mine myself gradually with bleach kits and took it from dyed jet black to mid brown. I did it in stages and invested in crazy good conditioners and it came out okay but was drier than normal for months
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ive used bleach before but only to dip dye my ends so the thought of using it on all my hair scares me! I was looking at the loreal quick blue it seems to have good reviews
Julieal
915 posts
There was a product that was tested through beauty review and I understand was very good-may be worth a look
Julieal
915 posts
I looked it up -Colour B4 -some good reviews and a couple not so good -may be worth a look
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sweet thanks Julieal will check it out :-)
Macs
5351 posts
I read a review on the B4 that Juliel mentioned. Would love to see some before and after photos.
Kimrose
1419 posts
There is the MYHD range that has a colour remover, it sells really well in the pharmacy where I work, we even get at home hairdressers use it with good results.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
So I ended up getting the nordic ultimate lightener to hopefully get it down to a lightish colour to put the new schwarzkopf gem collection in dark amythest over top.Not sure if I will do the whole lot or just dip dye the ends. Will give it a go tomorrow and post pics if it is successful. If not I shall wear a paper bag :-)
Julieal
915 posts
Agree Macs -would be great to see before and after photos - A scarey decision

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!