Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Flat top brush for liquid foundation

20 posts, 13 members
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Hey ladies what are your fave or most recommended flat top kabuki brushes to apply liquid foundation? I currently have the xobeauty one and have only ever used this one. Would like to try something new.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'm using the Artiste foundation blurring brush at the moment which I like. Next I want to try the QVS foundation brush or the Eco Tools foundation brush out of interest.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Cool never thought of at looking at these brands, thanks for that.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I did like the RT buffing brush(which is still good) but last year I purchased a Shaanxo rounded foundation brush & this one is flawless it's quite dense but soft bristles & buffs out effortlessly (I find I use that word alot ) granted in saying this because of my textured skin perhaps the rounded brush would suit me more. No complaints at all. But since you're already using her flat top brush then Idk what the difference would be I have an IT cosmetics flat top foundation brush which I haven't used yet but if it's anything like the other brushes from their range it's going to be good. I also purchase a dupe oval brush & that was awesome to use. However I snapped the handle beauty bliss sells the oh wow brush which is good too I've had a use of it but don't own it.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   If you can afford it, I've heard the Sigma F80 - Flat Top Kabuki is amazing! I plan to add that to my brush collection soon. On a budget I would second the Buffing brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection. Personally, I can say the Core Collection is a great set to invest in I regularly have a use for every brush in there, especially if you buy off iherb it's great value. 
    Also I've noticed my Oasis BB cream brush is shaped very similar to the Buffing brush from Real Techniques, but I haven't tried it yet. 
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I actually own the RT Buffing brush but never thought of using it for liquid foundation. I looked on beauty bay today and saw the sigma f80 brush which is the same price I paid for the xobeauty brush that I have. They look pretty much the same so maybe I will try that one.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I would recommend the Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques as well, it's not a flat top but it's so dense and if you like to buff in your foundation it's a really good foundation brush to use. It may be worth checking out at iherb, if you don't have it in your collection already. I reached for mine so much I bought a back up. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My favourite brush for foundations is the Sigma F80 brush. It applies foundation beautifully and since it is quite a dense brush, I feel like it doesn't absorb much product which is always a bonus too.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't got one Toni. I need one. 
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Yes macs you would love it. I like to stipple my foundation on with the flat top then go over with a damp beauty blender for a full/flawless coverage.
MissQT
1547 posts
Sigma F80 is good. Dense and blends your foundation easily. I also want to try the real techniques expert face brush.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got a Zoeva one in Sydney when my RT one fell apart and it's amazing, I adore it much
Macs
5351 posts
I have one now Toni . It's a Sigma. It's the best thing since slice bread. I'll never go back to a blender.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Oh cool Macs is that the sigma f80? I was contemplating on getting that one but ended up purchasing a 2nd xobeauty brush 2 weeks ago. Will definitely give that a go now:)
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah it's expensive but worth it. Sigma and Morphe are worth every scent. I've been thinking about the xo beauty brush set and clear out my RT brushes. I might hold off and save for that sigma set instead.
sheri_will
6 posts
HI hun. I've used XO beauty flat top. I hated them. The top diameter was just too large for my liking. I like the round top face brush instead...much like RT buffer brush I guess. But honestly...Im a bit sceptical about buying from XO beauty again...I bought the 4piece face brush set...the matte handle''s paint started cracking soon after purchase so I emailed them and they sent another set. Sa me thing happened again...so I just dipped all the brush handles in varnish. Then...after a couple of use's and washes...bristles started falling out. Man I was fuming! Just so peeved. So I'm pretty keen to try RT as I have some of their other brushes and LOVE their completion sponge. There's my 5cents ;-)
Beauty88
29 posts
Thanks for sharing! 
Julieal
915 posts
good information here -Thanks -I don't feel confident using brushes but sounds like I should try.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I purchased a $10 face set off Ali express and boy am I amazed. The other day I decided to use the flat top brush for my foundation application and it was just flawless. It was wicked to see the difference between using a spong and a brush. I'd adore a Zoeva set, I've heard they are amazing, but I'll be saving my pennies for that :) 
Imoshen
461 posts
I have a Morphe brush that I'm using for Highlighter and it's horrible!  It sheds like crazy and the hair breaks off.  Really not impressed with it hence why I was thinking of looking into RT.

I do have Morphe eye shadow brushes and they are ok but I have found myself reaching for my Zoeva brushes and wishing I had more of those on the rare occassions I use them.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!