Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Has anyone tried/loved nyx cosmetics?

30 posts, 25 members
FaithH
22 posts
I've been reading reviews online and found a website where I can get nyx makeup at US prices which would make it super cheap but I'd still like to hear any opinions before I go ahead and buy, any good? I'm looking at the concealer jar, blushes and matte lipsticks. 
Imoshen
461 posts
Try Makeup Obsessives website

I haven't seen anyone here talk about them (well, recently anyway).

Paula Begoun has some nice things to say about them :)
Bayley
238 posts
I have the NYX blush in pinched and love it! its great. Awesome pigment, not too sparkly and the perfect blush for everyday use. Super great value as well so totally worth it :)
Bayley
238 posts
I also have the NYX xtreme lip cream in shade spicy ( which I am wearing in my photo) and its like a matte liquid lipstick. I like it because you can put a lot on and get a good coverage or you can put less on and sort of use  it as a stain. The staying power isn't the best though as it comes off relatively quickly but in saying that it still keeps your lips somewhat stained. 
Bayley
238 posts
purchased both of these products from beauty joint :) Hope this helps
kirstysays
762 posts
I really like the black label lipsticks, butt naked eyes eyeshadow palette, butter glossess and there dewy makeup setting spray :)
evitarose
22 posts
Beauty guru Arna Alayne loves nyx blush in taupe! I think she uses it to contour, but it was one of her 2013 favourites I'm pretty sure. I've also heard a lot about their jumbo liners, especially milk. I think for the price nyx is quite good :) 
Brooke-lily
4 posts
I absolutely love nyx products and would recommend buying them off cherryculture.com or beuatyjoint as they are 2 of the cheaper sites I have found. My fave products so far are their blushes, butter glosses, black label lipsticks and eyeshadows. The glosses come in some amazing colours and are not sticky at all. The blushes I have only tried peach and i love it and am meaning to pick up some more asap. I also want to try the jumbo eye pencils and the cream shadows as shaaanxo has raved about them. Hope this helps (:  
hughes_dre
229 posts
I've bought a few NYX products from Crush Cosmetics and they charge in NZ$ and ship super, super fast.

I personally really like them.  One of the lipsticks I bought was a bit too peachy on my lips but made an awesome cream blush :)
Lutece
1849 posts
I LOVE nyx products!! makeup.co.nz sells plenty, i am slowly stocking up with nyx and they are great products, there are lots of new nyx products coming out :)
LauraLu
16 posts
My Nyx Black Label lippy in Hot Pink is probably one of my best quality lippies I own! Such good staying power and beautiful range of colors! So reccomend them! 
FaithH
22 posts
Hmmm looks like I'm convinced to go ahead and purchase! haha thanks everyone :) 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I have the NYX born to glow liquid illuminator. Looks great under foundation to add a glow or even on its own.
Also have the NYX jumbo pencil which I absolutely love!!!! & the glam liner.

I have sensitive skin & can use these with no problems. :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I only have the nyx jumbo eye pencil atm and am really liking it for a base but have no idea if it unwinds or not
Bayley
238 posts
Just bought the Butt Naked - Turn the other Cheek Pallette from urbanoutfitters for 25 bucks and am SUPER excited about it! Love NYX
emzor
143 posts
Yes I love NYX products!  NYX is such an underrated brand in my eyes!  I use the jumbo eye pencil in Milk everyday for my inner corners.  My other favourite jumbo eye pencil is in Sparkling Nude and I used to use that as a shadow base until it ran out. I L.O.V.E their setting spray and I also love that they have such a huge variation of products!! I've actually just bought some butter glosses and a couple of their glam eye-shadows to try out too.  I get mine from beautyjoint.com (shipping is cheap, but takes around 2 weeks).  
emzor
143 posts
Oh, and @accidendprone_x no, they don't unwind, you have to sharpen them with a big sharpener :)
KrystleF
158 posts
I love NYX products! The butter glosses, blushers & black label lipsticks are my favourite :)
BexxC
55 posts
I love their lipsticks :D Great pigmentation, feel.. and price! 
belindaledwards
111 posts
I love their butter glosses and jumbo eye pencils, amazing pigmentation, and the glosses smell really good too. I also have one of their mega shine glosses, which is a bit sticky but very glossy and shiny. Their butter glosses aren't sticky at all.
pintsize
1072 posts
I have the NYX Eye and brow pencils and the Blackest black eyeshadow Smokey eye quad.
I love the pigmentation... ultra dense!
I sometimes use the black shadow over top of my eyeliner if  there are any gaps and to set it during warmer weather.

I do find the pencils a little on the hard side and prefer other brands to them but you can't go past a good rich shadow :)

My tip is if you have had a hard night... use a little of the white from the quad just under your eye liner and in the corners next to your nasel bridge... It is a real quick pick me up :)
xx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I really like them as they are quite pigmented.  I have a jumbo eyeliner in Purple which a lovely friend of mine gave me (you know who you are, thanks so much, I'm in love with it) and also a lipgloss which is a gorgeous colour and I really like how long it stays on for.  Definitely recommend them, haven't purchased them online from anywhere as I've always been lucky enough to get given them :-)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I recently brought NYX wonder pencil in light, and Oh my word!! its amazing.  You can use it on your eyes as a eyeliner to make your eyes look wider and more awake.  As as spot concealer, as a lip liner for bolder colours that you can't find a matching liner for.  Its a must from now on in my makeup routine.
I have their jumbo pencils in 'milk', which I use under my eyeshadows as a base. I also LOVE their mega shine lipglosses in ‘babyrose’, it tastes really nice and I love using it either alone or with my lipsticks. They also have a really nice nude lipgloss, which looks like lipstick when on, called brush on gloss, killer lips in ‘taupe’ which is gorgeous!
tinadeal
1 posts
Yes I have alot of nyx and they have great reviews on youtube also have to tell you that alot of makeup artist are useing NYX like my self .And you dont have to pay alot to get a good product like them all you pix and choice what  is good and bad in every brand .

kayxcake
422 posts
I absolutely adore NYX products! Super affordable and great products, but it has recently come to my attention that some of their products are made in China :/ which is such a turn-off. Me being someone who is totally against using cosmetics made in China even if it's produced by a big cosmetics brand. Nowadays I still buy NYX but I make sure it's made in USA before I purchase, most big companies would state where it's made in. Some of their products are made in Taiwan and that's very acceptable :) better than made in PRC!
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I recently brought a couple of NYX products and I am in loooove!!! 
bbensonx
10 posts
the concealer is amzinggggggg, def try that!!
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Thanks to feedback here I tried a NYX soft Matte lip creme - so glad I did. from Makeup.co.nz.
delivery was fast - next day to South Island! infact I got my delivery at work before I got the email telling me it had been sent!! Great colour, great texture. I can't wait to use it a bit longer before I feel confortable reviewing it. To check which colour you want I recommend using the NYX.com website though.
Julieal
915 posts
sounds really good -what about postage ? So many sites charge so much extra for delivery ?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!