Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Favourite BB and CC cream

42 posts, 17 members
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Hi ladies

I currently use Maxfactor cc cream and I love it. I have very pale skin so the lightest shade is perfect. I'm looking to try some others and wondering what are some of your faves? I have been reading lots of reviews. Anyone that has tried the moisture mist bb cream is it one shade that adjusts to your skin?
Cheers! :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I haven't tried many BB and CC creams but my current fave is the Oasis BB cream. The medium shade looks natural on me, it gives good coverage, I get a pretty good finish applying it with my fingers which is handy if I go somewhere and want to save on brushes, it's not overly expensive and it's all natural. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I second Oasis Beauty's BB cream ... it provides good coverage, is easily applied with fingers, a brush or sponge and the pump dispenser means no waste.  

I haven't yet tried a CC cream and am keen to try Moisture Mist's Neutralising CC cream (the pictures in the Brand Directory are the wrong way around - the Neutralising one is in the green tube and the Brightening one is purple).  I'm just waiting for BR's trial of this to be done so that I can read the reviews first. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I second Oasis beauty bb cream for all reasons mentioned.

I also have used It Cosmetics cc cream which is really nice they now have a travel size I found it quite luminous with good coverage & an added spf 50 it does have a funky scent but that dissappears during wear.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I had a few issues when I tried Oasis bb cream...it was sooooo sticky on my face. Perhaps I will give it another try as so many people seem to love it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I had the same issue Lisa, it's not just you :-) I currently have this ZA CC cream, it's quite nice!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oh that's no good I use a primer with the bbcream but in saying that I found the cream to be exactly that a cream with coverage of foundation sorry that it's not like that for you both
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm yet to try that cc cream Shaz I think I'll use it on my neice next week for her graduation dance
Macs
5351 posts
I wanna try Mac BB cream . I've tried Oasis but It's just not the right colour for me. I tried mixing it with other colours.  Oasis seems like a full coverage. I had trouble making Oasis work for me. So far I've tried Rimmel, Maybelline and Garnier their ok for a light coverage. Never tried a CC Cream I'm quite behind . Still on the BBs lol
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Shaz where do you buy ZA from? I don't think i've seen it in farmers
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa-Lou, I get ZA at Farmers, Life Pharmacy or JapanMart
shazatron101
5112 posts
I got mine through a BR trial, but this link will show you where to buy (if it works!). Annoyingly only some places have half the ZA range, but when you click on your region it'll show stockists and whether they have the full range or not. :-) 
Personally I use the Oasis BB cream, but I have dry/combo skin so that works.  But the Living Nature tinted moisturisers provide a lovely light, sheer coverage if that's what you're after. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I have oily skin and I use the Oasis BB Cream.  I do use a mattifying primer underneath and then set it like a foundation with a light dusting of translucent powder.  If I accidentally apply too much, it can look greasy but I find that one and a half pumps is the perfect amount for my face and neck.
JessB
219 posts
I just got Olay Total Effects 7 cc cream and it is quite good, not too heavy while still giving good coverage. However I accidentally got it too light, buying a fair to light complextion one, whereas I should've just gotten the light one. But it was a big sale so there wasn't any choice or testers for colour.
trudijoy
8375 posts
my skin is normal with a slight occasional oily tendency, and I also like the Oasis BB cream. I'm using Rimmel Matte atm and it's pretty good. I LOVE Benefit's 'Big Easy' but it's pretty spendy for a BB. Anna Sui BB cream is virtually holy grail but so hard to get here, I bought my last one on ASOS

haven't tried CC cream yet
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah JessB I find most BB creams don't have testers. I have so many wrong coloured BB Creams lol I need something medium to dark skin coloured. Curious about Lioele as well but can't find my colour.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, the Mac BB cream is my favourite. I refuse to NZ retail prices for it though so I will use Oasis if I can't get hold of Mac for a price I'm willing to pay. It does come in 10 different shades so you might find one that suits. See if you can get to a Mac counter for a sample. I don't think you will find your shade in Lioele or any Korean brand. I gave up trying to find the right shade BB when I was in Korea as they generally only came in two,shades were either too pale or too yellow (I am a medium in Mac and Oasis). 

I do find that Oasis does dry to a strange texture. Not exactly sticky but doesn't feel like other BBs. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Hmm probably Oasis as well but I haven't tried many.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Great thanks everyone. Very helpful indeed! Going shopping tomorrow so will see what I get my hands on:-)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I tried a friend's Chi chi CC cream in the pink tube and it's amaziiinnng! $40 I believe, i was so surprised by how full coverage it was yet felt light on the skin :)
Macs
5351 posts
I think there's a Mac Counter in Botany soozie. Darn about the Korean BB creams. I'll try and get a sample there or even if I got colour matched from them and then try and find something cheaper or on a buy and sell page lol
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I would suggest a trip to farmers as they have testers for the bb and cc chichi creams as well as some of the others. I did find that the chichi cc cream does have a strange scent that goes once applied to the face but is nice to wear. For ease of pick up Maybelline dream pure is at my local supermarket as a cheapie
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I ended up getting moisture mist bb cream and moisture mist cc the anti redness one. Farmers had a buy one get one half price. They don't sell za or nyx in Nelson which sux.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
So the moisture mist bb is freaking amazing! It wears so well on my dry skin. Coverage is like a foundation on me. Makes my skin appear smooth and it feels silky. I usually have issues with bb creams going oily but this stays on and looks great even after 8 hours of work and I work in an extremely hot place. I am super impressed. Have not really tried the cc yet but i shall soon. Also has spf 40! So will be amazing in the summer. Woohoo winner :-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm a huge BB and CC cream Korean lover, they have some amazing products.  More specifically I love the ones with the snail aspect to them as they really make my skin look good and gives a nice coverage without it feeling cakey or perfumed.  

I ran out of it and a friend put me onto the Younique BB Enhancer and so far I'm loving it, will definitely be buying it again.
MareeB
5254 posts
I'm loving the Za CC cream, and also the Oasis BB cream. I'd decided to stick with tinted moisturiser after an experience with a bad BB cream, but since trying the Oasis BB, I've changed my mind.
MareeB
5254 posts
Macs your profile pic is gorgeous.
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you Maree . I can't seem to get it sitting straight off my phone. I get hoha of going on my laptop to resize it. This was this weeks make up. My daughter chose the batgirl pic before.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs, it was doing that for me. I either use Pixlr to resize the pic now or screenshot it and upload the screenshot, both of which seem to work

and yep you look stunning
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you I'm going to try Pixilar. It works!
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's such a useful app. Glad it worked:)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Beautiful profile pic Macs x
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you Amy .I just finish binge watching all my favourite tv programmes . Hence why I'm up so late :0
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooh I love your profile pic Macs, gorgeous x

Really like the sound of Moisture Mist BB/CC Cream, might have to try those next. I always find it hard to replace the Korean ones and have to then purchase a different one.
Ringy
825 posts
I not long ago got the Mac bb cream and found it wasn't that suitable for me - seemed really thick. I like the Nyx bb cream but it hasn't got SPF which is a negative but I've also refound the Dove tinted moisturiser and am loving it at the moment. 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
So I picked up the nyx bb cream a few weeks ago as i like to try new products. Wow it is pretty sweet. Really great for light and dry skin. Am very impressed for such a cheap product. Anyone else tried it?
Macs
5351 posts
Haven't tried Nyx yet Lisa. Actually I haven't worn a BB cream for ages. 
MareeB
5254 posts
I haven't tried Nyx either. I prefer to stick with tinted foundation as I haven't found a BB cream that I like.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I tend to stay away from western bb/cc creams because 99.99% of the time they're too dark for me. Recently I've been mixing my own bb cream (foundation+moisturiser+sunscreen) and putting it in those diy cushion foundation cases. It's really convenient to apply and you can get the perfect shade and amount of moisturiser!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I am addicted to BB and CC Creams, although I tend to stick to Korean branded ones as they just seem to work so much better with my skin and they don't tend to add in any perfumes like the ones you can buy over here.

I'm currently using Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream and absolutely love it.  Haven't reviewed it yet as I'm still trialling it, but loving it so far

I also use the Holika Holika ones as they are super moisturising.  You can get it on iHerb, BeautyNetKorea and maybe a couple of other websites.

Hope that helps x
trudijoy
8375 posts
my fave is the hard-to-get-here Anna Sui one but I picked up the NYX one recently and it's actually really good!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!