Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Let's Talk About Peach Fuzz!

26 posts, 13 members
LucyAnnexx
29 posts
How many of you have peach fuzz?
Do you remove it or embrace it?

I noticed a while ago that mine had started to get a bit thicker and longer and more noticeable. 

My friend mentioned that she uses an eyebrow / facial hair razor and absolutely LOVES how her skin looks and feels. She said it makes her makeup sit better too! So I decided to buy a pack of these razors before lockdown so my face had time to recover if I stuffed it up...

So.. I cleansed and dried my face, held my breath and hoped I didn't cut my face.
It was suprisingly easy to do and I didn't cut myself, yay! I will definitely continue to do this.. My family has said how good my skin looks now! It has been about 3 and a half weeks since I used the razor and my face did not feel prickly at all, didn't have any ingrown hairs and my hair did not grow back thicker or darker. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Heya! I don't have peach fuzz but I use these razors on my eyebrows every so often and it really tidies them up. I love them. Kmart has great ones, a pack of 2 for $5.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Hi, I started shaving my face about 9 months ago. I do it once a week with a razor that is for the peach fuzz. I get them from aliexpress. I find my makeup sits much nicer 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I have lots of peach fuzz. I have been wondering if I should try shaving it or not!
AboutFace
413 posts
I use the Braun Face Spa Pro to epilate. I used to shave but didn't like how it felt when the hair grew back so I saved up to buy the Braun. Either way you do get a better finish with your make-up. Epilating does hurt but for me it's worth the pain for the result I get and find the hair comes back more natural.
Macs
5351 posts
I was reading the reviews for that braun epilator. I was worried about the pain from it. 

Im interested in trying these facial shavers . 
LucyAnnexx
29 posts
I honestly wish I had started doing this earlier! I'm very keen to try an epilator too... what is the pain from 1-10 for using one on your face?
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I used flybuys to get a Braun one. I usually feel I'm good with pain but I really struggle with how much this hurts. I tend to ignore it and use razors I purchase from aliexpress
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I use an epilator on my legs, but it's too painful to use on my face (it comes with different attachments for face and body). If I had to choose between waxing and epilating, I'd rather wax my face.

I use the dermaplaning / eyebrow razors from Kmart to remove peach fuzz.  I have a lot of peach fuzz, but I can get away with shaving it off once a week or once every two weeks. 
AboutFace
413 posts
The pain level is a bit ouchy but it's tolerable if you make your skin taught. If you keep up with it you do get used to it. For me I prefer to epilate as I found that when I shave the hair felt rough coming through and I needed to shave frequently to keep it looking ok. Im a brunette and some of the hair is dark, it wouldn't be as noticeable if I had lighter hair. The Braun has a cleaner head and one to apply moisturiser. You will find what works best for you :-)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I bought a little gadget from kmart yesterday to help with this, Check out the photo wall:)
melanieb
2 posts
I have a bit also. I don't really see the difference between a blade or a razor so I use a very clean razor each week and it leaves your skin so very soft. Apply lots of moisturizer after.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I used to use hair removal cream for the mo and still so every now and then. This year have been using those Schick Razor top up things and they are great. Pain free. Really notice the results.
MareeB
5244 posts
I still shave and IPL. Life's too short for facial hair.
Pat17
390 posts
Does using a razir make the hairs feel prickly when they start to grow again ? I just use cream epilation and that works well
Pat17
390 posts
I am hearing more and more about these little fuzz removers.I have very little fuzz but still like to get rid of.
Pat17
390 posts
I am looking at buying a crystal Manicare product and give this a try.
Pat17
390 posts
what is the du=ifferent between a normal razor and a fuzz one ?
MareeB
5244 posts
No idea Pat. I use a normal razor. I IPL too but not so much in winter. I gave up going to a beauty therapist but am wondering if I should go back - for eye brow waxing purposes mainly.
Pat17
390 posts
I bought a Manicare cyrstal hair remover and it is great. You do need to be gentle though.
Pat17
390 posts
I use hair removing cream on my upper lip to remove this and it is so easy too.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I used to get dermaplaning facials every few months. I'm not hairy, but give it time and get a peach fuzz aura. Earlier this year I splurged on this beauty device called Dermaflash. It makes dermaplaning easy and less likely to nick yourself. I do it weekly and it's one of my fave forms of exfoliation now. I follow it with serums and an LED treatment and my skin glows. The only annoying thing is the replacement blades is spensy. So I clean mine with an alcohol wipe and use them 3-4 times before throwing them out.
MareeB
5244 posts
Hi Tannygirl Those dermaflash tools look really good! tempted ...
Pat17
390 posts
The main thing is to feel good about yourself.If peach fuzz doesn't worry you there is not need to worry about it.If it is an issue there are lots of easy choices .
tannygirl
3392 posts
Maree B, it is pricey not to mention having to purchase blade refills. But like all my skincare devices I tally up the times I use them for CPU and I've broken even on what I would've spent on dermaplaning facials this year. That being said I'm not a hairy person so can't speak for those, if you really are fuzzy then a thorough dermaplaning session every 1-2 months would be good and then this tool for weekly touch-ups in between facials. Since I'm not that fuzzy you don't see a dramatic difference between me using the Dermaflash and going to a professional.
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm not keen on beauty therapists so if I can find a way to do it at home I will! this week I'm shouting myself a lash and eyebrow tint for the first time in ages. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!