Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bikrim Yoga hair help

12 posts, 7 members
Ringy
825 posts
I started an alternating routine of Bikrim and Hot flow last week, it's great but I previously only washed my hair once a week, now I have to do it daily and I am stressing out that it will ruin my hair! If it came down to hot body vs hot hair I think I'd choose hair!

I have googled it and there are many different recommendations. Do I put an oil in before class, just not wash it ewww, or some thing else? Currently I'm alternating using redken extreme and pureology miraculous oil shampoos and conditioners. Last week I commented that the Bossy mask had seemed really greasy- well I've been using it now and it's getting soaked up!
tannygirl
3392 posts
What's Bikrim Yoga?
Rezee
1964 posts
I think it's the yoga you do in a hot room?I have no idea how you could combat that.  What about dry shampoo to help soak up the oils and sweat? It sounds like you are using a good brand to wash your hair as well so at least that should help a bit.
Ringy
825 posts
yes it's the hot room one- you sweat like never ever ever before and my hair ends up totally soaked- and it feels really dry after it's been washed. Is sweat that drying on your hair.? I'm thinking out a hot oil treatment in before - then it will get all hot in the room- just scared it will melt into my eyes or make me slip over! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Maybe try only putting a small amount of oil treatment in at first and build it up so that it doesn't get too gross when your are in there. I just did a beginners course of yoga, it was fun! Are you enjoying Bikrim? (as much as you can enjoy exercise)
Ringy
825 posts
it's awesome- it definitely does wonders for my skin, all the water drinking (3litres+) and sweating- they have a $39 one month special so I'm giving it a go and am well on my way to an addiction I feel.
MrsRosie
214 posts
I know what you mean with excercise and gross hair! I can still get away with every 2nd or 3rd day washing my (blonde) hair but it does needs some intense treatment as its super oily at roots and super dry at ends. I really love dry shampoo to stretch me out an extra day but it sounds like you are sweating up a storm. Do you wear some sort of head band to soak up sweat? maybe pop into a shampoo shop and see what their reccomendation would be? Ive always wanted to try hot yoga, so would love to hear how you get on with the month...although the thought of washing my hair every day would be a nightmare (hate washing it!) 
Macs
5351 posts
Never heard of this treatment before. I lack attention to my hair :O
Ringy
825 posts
a head band! Head slap! I wanted to go to Rebel sport since last week and see if they had any head bands- I finally went this morning but totally forgot about the headband! Walked out with a special yoga towel instead. I did also get some batiste dry shampoo for my gym bag.
LinF
63 posts
Only tried Bikram yoga whilst staying with friends in India some time ago - never put oil in my hair. I had to put all hair under a net, not drink water before, not wear any makeup, drank water during and after session and told to shower & rinse hair immediately after session. When I left India I gave it up - too lazy!
Ringy
825 posts
I'm in my 4th week now- my hair is looking shocking. It's the head up and down movements that seem to be breaking my hair as well as it getting all sweaty, heat fried and over shampooed. I think a hair net would actually be a great solution but no one else is wearing one so I'd be too embarrassed! I haven't been able to find a decent sports headband anywhere either. 
Rezee
1964 posts
Do you see anyone out of class? I'd at least give it a go so you can hopefully help your hair.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!