Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

1471 posts, 35 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Eek Jessie's first Xmas, Lisa! So special (ditto Kirsty and her new baby!) 

my 4yo niece wants ' a unicorn that is sequins and rainbow and sparkly and the sequins go two ways and it's rainbow and all that in a unicorn' and I actually found one, so basically the best Aunty ever at this stage 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Haha good effort Trudi! Will definitely be the best Auntie ever! I love when kids want something so random and you actually find it :-)
Yes xmas will be so fun.....yesterday Jessie was 2 months and I did photos she was dressed as a bumblebee bhahaha was adorable.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Couriers are backlogged up to 2 weeks behind in Auckland. So long as I get it eventually I can't complain:)

shazatron101
5112 posts
I remember squidlets first xmas.. absolute nightmare. Screamed for an hour straight at my parents but it didnt help my brothers redneck kids kept jumping out at her and scaring her then his idiot parents on the second xmas "omg her first xmas how special" ?????? 

Halp im turning into the grinch hahaha bah humbug
shazatron101
5112 posts
Omg a bumblebee thats so cuuuuuuuute!!!! Naw shes so precious
MareeB
5251 posts
I remember my son's first Christmas  - I was 8 months pregnant by then lol
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Lmao Shaz that definitely doesn't sound great! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've been doing so much online shopping. Poor couriers. Very aware we need to post Christmas presents up north so want to get stuff sorted early! Plus I'm just organised like that. 

Excited we are doing Christmas at our house this year rather than travelling for the first time in a while. Will be so nice! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
It's a bit like Christmas, two parcels arrived already yay!

I'm working Christmas this year. Sad I'll probably miss the Christmas feed but I'll be alright if I get my pay.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
My courier is amazing and she does a morning and afternoon run so sometimes I get parcels twice a day lol it is exciting! I'm looking for a decent hat for summer. I like those brimmed felt hats but wondering if they would make your head too hot?....anyone got one?
I've bought so many brimmed hats but they always go floppy lol it's not a good look.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I made a bucket hat but otherwise no hat advice lmao
tabucutie
1811 posts
Your courier sohnds amazing Lisa!

I got 3 parcels yestrday and 1 today. Still more on the way. It's my kind of Christmas, love opening parcels.

I only wear snapbacks, no advice sorry.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Shaz that is cool! Yea I have a snap back one too. I shall keep searching lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Why thank you haha its probably too floppy but i like it. I have a straw fedora that has an alcohol brand all over it, that's quite firm and my head doesnt over heat in it lol
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I don't mind when the hat is supposed to be floppy lol but mine go all weird and I look like a scarecrow bhahaha I love a good straw hat too but I have trouble finding a black one.....yes I'm fussy:-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bahahahahahs im sure youre a cute scarecrow! Ive seen your kiddo and shes cute  therefore, you must be too!! Haha ;-p 

I often see hats at markets or the a&p show and they always look snazzy. Otherwise i guess google will be your friend? But good luck!
MareeB
5251 posts
Wow awesome hat Shaz and a lovely pic too! You could've gone into the mask business. Actually I can't understand why supermarkets, the Warehouse etc don't sell some decent masks either.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I could have, maree, but my newsfeed on faceache was mask post after mask post cos every bob, lob and their dog was sewing them. It still is some days /eyeroll

There is also no joy in sewing them, for me. They're just. Boring. Thats why i didn't make my own as well haha
MareeB
5251 posts
Just whip up 100 and sell them to mates to get your Christmas $$$ Shaz :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Nah. Waste of fabric lmao 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Shaz what is the wrap you recommended for bubs? I got an ergobaby carrier and she doesn't love it lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ahhhh... shivers. I dont remember. Um.

Ive been sitting here for 5 mins trying to work it out - boba wrap! Im selling mine if you want it, i no longer have a use for it lol 

Got mine from mighty ape for $80 but theres other places you can go
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Ahhh yes Boba! Lol I couldn't remember either.  I will get back to you as Jessie and I are moving today and it is so hard packing with a 9 week old lmao
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh yeah i can imagine that wouldn't be fun! But good luck! 

If you do ill post my digits and you can flick me a text at your leisure lol
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Thanks Shaz that sounds good!
Just bubs and I now so am looking forward to our new beginning. 
Was out looking at the moon earlier it was amazing! I'm in the country and a rooster has been crowing since 4am lmao
MareeB
5251 posts
Blimey Shaz, what are you doing awake at 5am?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Replying to lisa of course! Hahaha nah my wonderfully full bladder told me if i didnt get up, she'd release the river in the bed soooo thought id better get up ahahahaha. And naturally i was wide awake aftewards so thats DUMB haha
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Sweet got it Shaz! Now delete it before anything creepy happens lmao!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yaaaay haha and i shall! But then i do wonder what creepy things these silly gals could come up with lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just deleted it for you, Shaz. Just incase you go crazy looking for it lol. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Awwww all the best to you and wee Jessie, Lisa-Lou x
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha thanks soozie, i had edited it but i appreciate it nonetheless :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I didn't know how quickly you'd be back online so took the liberty! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Just think of me like roz from monsters inc... aallllwwayyysss watttcchhiinngggg hahahahahahaha

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol I'm the same. You might not see me, but I'm here. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bahahahahahaha i like it!! 

I bought new recipe books from writetome , ive been looking for one for aaaages so i got both the cook and bake. Maybe one day ill get the bigger one and write recipes in it for the squiddo
MareeB
5251 posts
Lol I can sympathise with that Shaz! when I'm home I often don't wake up but when I'm at work I get up around 3 or 4 times for some reason. Nightmare!!
MareeB
5251 posts
Best wishes on your new beginning Lisa - may life give you everything you desire with ease xxx
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Thanks my friends! All good on this end :-) 
tabucutie
1811 posts
All the best on your new journey Lisa x

Shaz thats wonderful! I've been meaning to get something similar so my mum can jot down her knowledge and I can have the book later on. 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Omg I've had a million Black Friday emails....I've got my eye on a couple things. I bought a mattress topper for $59 down from $300 and a couple new pillows so far. Anyone else got any good deals so far?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Not really BF specific but I'm nearly done with Xmas shopping and may have accidentally bought myself a few treats too hehe. 

i have just finished using trademe to replenish my activewear  and got so many amazing BNWT or worn once and washed Lululemon, LJ, Puma, Nike, Aim'n, Nike etc items for so so cheap 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Awesome Trudi. I love a good Trade me bargain! I need a new fridge and washing machine so that is my next mission. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got my fridge in Noel leeming  on purple card. It's freaking amazing. First time I'd had a new one and so good! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
My washing machine is a rental chattel and it's a Samsung top loader and I really like it :) 
tabucutie
1811 posts
No BF shopping for me. Done quite a but of spending the last month so will give this sale day a miss 
kirstyj
1732 posts
The only Black Friday shopping I've done is some stuff from Jamie Kay. Gorgeous kids clothes. Man I'll never shop there full price though!
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I got some Jamie Kay clothing too :-) I just got the essential range, I love the dark purples and maroons.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I treated myself to some new shoes. I had hoped Mecca might take part. But alas. Does anyone remember if they did a Boxing Day sale last year?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mecca did some curated boxes for Black Friday but the one I wanted wasn't instock online at all. They did have an offer for a couple of days where every order comes with three deluxe samples so I took advantage of that one. 

Yes, they did have a Boximg Day sale last year but it's usually just reduced Xmas gift boxes and old stock. I've never known them to do a 25% off everything grape of sale. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!