Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Makeup on the screen

20 posts, 12 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
I think not 100% sure that hasn't been a post before but as I sit here watching The Addams Family I'm enthralled with Mortica's makeup on the beautiful Angelica Houston. It has totally inspired me for tomorrow. So my question is ate you inspired by makeup creations on film star characters and if so who?
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I havent really had this with makeup, because the makeup i tend to see if the natural looking (but in realtity,full face) makeup. However, in James Bond Skyfall, i fell in love with the nails of the main female character. They were red on one side, with gold on the underside. So pretty!! 
MareeB
5244 posts
I love Anjelica as Morticia, she looks amazing!
MareeB
5244 posts
I've just been watching Mr Selfridge, and there's some gorgeous period make-up and clothing (1919) on there.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I love those period dramas Maree. Did you watch The Tudors? :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'm more a natural makeup chick. I find myself watching how their makeup is applied and what looks I like. I have tried a few of their creations.
Totally agree with Selfridge! I was watching it and thought man they had it down perfectly
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've not seen The Tudors but I'm sure I would love it - I loved the Borgias! I didn't really notice makeup in it though, but their clothing was amazing, the dresses are gorgeous!  The Addams Family was great, I managed not to fall asleep watching it. "Why are you dressed like you're going to a funeral?" "Wait" hahahahahaa I love Wednesday! 
Macs
5351 posts
For me it would be the Hunger Games. When she comes out on that Chariot in that flaming dress. Her make up looked so beautiful. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I love the tudors.. i actually love all programmes that are based from history! 
Yes Macs!! How did i forget the Hunger Games. Her makeup is stunning!
MareeB
5244 posts
I didn't watch the Tudors, but I LOVE Reign, and they have awesome hair, clothes and make up. Oh the clothes and jewellery are just amazing..
Jesse
745 posts
I had to buy the MAC Maleficient limited edition Lipglass in Anthurium after watching Maleficent, as always Angelina Jolie's beauty was breathtaking! Normally I'm more inspired by makeup and hair I see on reality tv, I loved Vicki and Helena's lips during the last MKR season and that made me want to pull out the bright red more often. Like I need an excuse! I also second Katniss' makeup and hair during the Hunger Games inspiring braids and smokey eye attempts.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Me too Binary - He was an interesting choice for Henry 8th, looked nothing alike judging by the portraits of him. Cute though, hehe.

Maree - I haven't watched the tv for years, will have to see if I can find Reign on youtube. Sounds like I'd enjoy it :)

MareeB
5244 posts
Oh yes AmandaJane, do have a look. The story line is great, but even if you don't like it, you'll love the clothes, hair and make up!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm loving your new profile pic AmandaJane!!!!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Jesse yes! I only just recently watched that and I couldn't take my eyes off of Angelina's makeup that woman has cheekbones that would slice a man!

AmandaJane I agree with the other...hoocy mumma that is an awesome photo!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I can't think of many examples off the top of my head but I often see things on the screen that I want to try :)

Agreed re AmandaJanes pic, gorgeous.

ETA that I thought of one.... Phoebe on H&A (Isabella Giovinazzo) had amazing eyeliner the other day on an episode.  Black undereyeliner with an electric purple line along it.

Anyway I'm most likely to take an aspect of a look like that and want to play with it :)
MareeB
5244 posts
I agree with you all about Maleficent -wow! Angelina is certainly the woman with everything!

AmandaJane your photo is amazing, you look so young!
MissQT
1547 posts
Binarybeauty, I remember that nail trend. I was ever able to recreate it though as I have to keep my nails short for netball. I can't think of any specific examples but I always get hair inspirations from TV and movies, like different braids and buns.
Rezee
1964 posts
Honestly,  im cringing saying this but I love the kardashians makeup. They have such intense smokey eyes, I love it. Maybe im not so in love with the overly highlighted under eyes but the eyes are amazing!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!