Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Day to night make up.

13 posts, 12 members
Emily-jane
314 posts
I am interested to know what other BR ladies do when it comes to changing your daytime to nighttime make up. If you are heading out at night how do you change your make up look, do you completely redo your make up or do you just refresh your daytime make up? if you are in a rush what beauty tips do you have to change your look quickly?

I tend to stick with the same routine unless it is very formal. I usually just add a bit more eye-make up or a brighter coloured lipstick when I am heading out. 

trudijoy
8375 posts
depends where i'm going or who with. If it's an occasion, a date, or somewhere really nice, i'll take off my makeup and reapply. More casual dinner, drinks etc i'll do my hair, and maybe touch up with a fresh dust of powder and a bit of blusher, plus refresh eyeliner and perfume, and add a bright lippy
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
What even is night time makeup? Hahaha it's been awhile since I've needed to do night time makeup! But back when I did, I used to re do my makeup completely. I'd use darker shades on my eyes to go out too compared to my natrual day makeup :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Depends on what the ocassion is. Usually I'd do a smokey eye for day and night and possibly just add lipstick for night. I'd only reapply make up for special occasions.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey emily, If I know I'm going out that night, I won't do a liquid eye liner until that night. I swap my normal nude lippy to a statement colour always bright or bold.
Rezee
1964 posts
I very rarely go out at night but if my day makeup still looked ok, I'd do extra liner and lipstick. Back in the day, I would just start from scratch. Lots of liner and mascara was usually my go to- I wasn't aware of bronzer and all that back then.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't go out much at night either. Depends on the occasion and what I'm wearing too. Most occasions where I was going out at night I knew in advance so I would get showered, dressed and do my makeup for it. But on the odd occasion I would just touch it up before the event usually my eyeliner, clean up any smudges, reapply lipstick, etc.
MissQT
1547 posts
I don't wear eyeshadow during the day, and often don't wear blush/bronzer/contour either as I'm lazy. So I just touch up my day makeup and apply the stuff I don't wear during the day. I also apply a nice lipstick usually a colour I wouldn't wear during the day.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I don't typically go out at night except Fridays where I take my kids to their kids club & I'm wearing what is had on all day I wear a full face 6 days out 7 but this may not always include shadows but if not eyeshadows I'll do the basic crease & inner cofner highlight to my eyes.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I do prefer daily nude eyeshodow and lipsticks. But when I go out for some occasions I do wear colour lipstick and wear some different colours usually I don't wear daytime.
Emily-jane
314 posts
Ok so I'm not the only one who hardly goes out at night then. It's always nice to change up your normal look. I can't remember the last time I wore eyeliner
Pifithrin
1243 posts
The simplest day to night makeup is putting a red lip on for me.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
If I go out at night, I tend to wash my face and reapply my make-up.  Touch ups on my oily skin just tend to look cakey.  If I'm in a hurry and don't have time to redo a whole face, I'll change my lipstick, darken my eyeshadow at the outer corners & crease and add eyeliner to the outer corners of my lower lashes (I only wear eyeliner on my top lid during the day). 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!