Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Black Friday sales- is anyone tempted?

43 posts, 25 members
chloednz
217 posts
I awoke to a flood of email offers this morning, so very dangerous for my bank account! Have caved and brought a couple of things from chichi and considered an order from Luxola but they are excluding a lot of brands from their sale. Is anyone else shopping up a storm?
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Luxola always seems to exclude the good brands from their sales. Nothing has really tempted me yet - the Real Techniques website has 30% off though which is pretty decent.
I was tempted and ended up ordering a UD Naked 2 Palette from Beauty Bay in their sale, I'm excited as its my first UD Naked palette hehe.
Ringy
825 posts
Oh yes- Can't believe it didn't click that this would be happening today! Totally not beauty related but I got an email from Gucci - I'm always a sucker for a hand bag! And a pink one at that!
Artemis
311 posts
Tempted but I'm not gonna!!! Hopefully next year I can put more aside and it'll be more feasible but I just feel like I can't justify it this year, with the bad exchange rate (I just want American stuff this time). I'm dying to see what other people buy though, love seeing a good haul! Don't hesitate to show off, please!
Designer-mic
249 posts
Only online shopping for today was cleanse tea from fat 2 fit. But yesterday I went a tad nuts on the Bossy site. The free shipping did the trick. I think I have done all my Christmas shopping online so far. Who finds it hard to get time to shop in the real world? 
Artemis
311 posts
So much easier to compare prices when you do it online! Yes I was lucky, husband bought my Xmas Wishlist off Bossy yesterday, very excited about that! 
Designer-mic
249 posts
What a good hubby. I bought a Christmas voucher off there yesterday. Introducing someone new to the Bossy goodness. :) also bought my man a mask Heheee . How I'm going to get him to try it will be a major task in itself. Im sure once he sees the results he will be a once a week mask king.
Rezee
1964 posts
I did a bossy order last night. I got a gift, a tutti fruity scrub and a brush cleaning kit - I'm finally upgrading from baby shampoo lol.this morning, makeup revolution got the better of me with their spend 30£ and get 30£ free. I did tell my partner, but he caught onto the fact that pounds are worth more than our dollar lol. We also went to the warehouse today and got a heap of stuff. Pretty much all of it was needed though!I'm now trying to not check my emails.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh Reeze, my partner saw all my orders lol and flipped lid. I said but you spend triple that on smokes lol Im naughtty aye
Koni
444 posts
I'm just browsing the Black Friday deals this year - I must be sick.

I was hoping to do a Luxola order but had a good laugh when I saw that they excluded all the brands people would want (i.e. Becca, Benefit, Real Techniques).  I then decided to try the remaining brands but the majority of the items I wanted were out of stock so back to browsing :-)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I went to do the same, Koni! And the 10% off the Australian Sephora website just doesn't seem like much of a bargain. 

I went to Mecca on my way home, hoping they had something going on, but no. I should've known better! As I type I can see the backs of my hands shimmering from the 20 times I re-swatched the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit powders, to reasssure myself that I 100% don't need it. I'm now entirely satisfied I don't want it lol so it wasn't an entirely wasted visit.

I've got a couple of things in my Beautylish cart, so am hoping for something from them!
kirstyj
1732 posts
There isn't much on my wishlist at the moment so I haven't been tempted yet... I am sure I will end up with an e-mail in my inbox at some point which won't be able to be resisted.
MareeB
5254 posts
I went Christmas shopping after work - that cost enough, no more spending for a few days!
-Bex-
611 posts
Nothing has really caught my eye yet, and I'm not really after anything either except more CT. 

im waiting for the Body Shop Christmas event on Wednesday and then probably wait until the Boxing Day sales 
Koni
444 posts
Hahaha good on you Sarah - glad you swatched it enough times to know you don't need it :-) I'd love if Beautylish had something on too because like Bex I've been looking at CT items - mainly matte lipsticks of course!
kirstyj
1732 posts
The copious amounts of e-mails have started! NYX are offering a free high voltage lipstick with any purchase (this is direct from their us website).
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
A lip junkie like you definitely needs a CT lippy or four! All of her products do look amazing! It's weird, Beautylish had some Black Friday Bioderma deals advertised on IG that were meant to start 3 hours ago but I can't even see Bioderma as one of the brands they sell lol..so confused. And losing hope that they'll be doing anything. Maybe cyber Monday!
Macs
5351 posts
Im getting emails coming through too.
-Bex-
611 posts
Koni- you need the lipsticks! They are stunning from the packaging to the formula to the colours buy.them.allll
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Sarahbeauty I found that they don't ship alot of 0roducts here. I was talking to beautylish direct about a item and they suggested another. I thought they were in la la land! I couldn't find it. Then when I did find it, it wasn't listed as they can't be shipped to nz

Koni CT us amazing. My ss is getting some!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've managed to resist solely due to a lack of time to look at what deals there are.
janini9
341 posts
Due to some hefty bills, I can only look and not buy. I am crying on the inside, but telling myself  to harden up - I have spent so much this year on beautiful make up products, many of which are barely touched. 
My daughter who is at college in the States is about to hit the shops for the Black Friday sales and has her eye on some great bargains.

chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I'm undecided atm. I don't have a big wish list right now but I'm considering a small Nordstrom order. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Just did my youshop payment for the items I have there at present. There will be no black friday online shopping this year but next year we have started forming the plans already
kirstyj
1732 posts
Remember everyone that a few websites do Cyber Monday as well so by 9pm-ish on Sunday night there might be some more e-mails in your inbox if you are into online shopping.
Designer-mic
249 posts
Went to get a new moisture mist dual control liquid foundation from farmers today. I have just run out of the Sept BB one and had to get more as love it so much. Has lasted two months. Thats not bad I guess. Anyways .....I ended up getting it at Life pharmacy as they had buy one product get one free on the moisture mist range. Bargain. I got a impressive lash mascara as my second item. I hope it's a goodie.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Thanks Ong, that's exactly what it was lol we never catch a break living on this isolated island, do we?!

Designer-mic, I looove that mascara, so hopefully you do too! The amount of average mascaras I've binned lately have just reiterated how much I love it. It's good because MM will always eventually have a deal on like the one you found today, so the mascara doesn't end up being all that pricey. You've reminded me that I need to pull that foundation out and try it though!
Designer-mic
249 posts
Thats great news about the mascara Sarah. So good to hear. I love the foundation. I'd been using Revlon colour stay for years but it really wasn't working for my skin anymore and was on the hunt for something that worked for me. Wasn't having much luck until this one came into my life. Joy! Lol
Designer-mic
249 posts
Good to hear MM do so many specials too. :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I loved the MM mascara <3
Designer-mic
249 posts
Yay ...looks like I've found goodie.
Macs
5351 posts
Hope to see some pics Artemis. I didn't buy anything in the sale. I was extremely tempted.
Ringy
825 posts
What about the cosmetic and fragrance sale? Did anyone get to the one BR had the comp for? Any great buys?
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Feel like I have missed so much in the last two days (was making my way to aus). As for the black Friday sales, I think i missed most of them too. I did do one order, but completely messed it up so need to get in cancled! Whoops. All the things i wanted from other sites werent on special so that was a tad dissapointing too
Julieal
915 posts
No I didn't do any of the sales as I am in Xmas shopping mode and no money left for anything else - Maybe boxing day sales but too close to xmas.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
JuliealI decided to try and get xmas presents through Black Friday sales. Cheaper gifts, but things I know people will love! But now you reminded me, I will need to start saving for boxing day sales, yay!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Is isn't take advantage of any of the sales - I'm trying to lower my spending and use what I have at the moment. Plus I bought way too much when I was overseas a few weeks ago haha. I love hearing about what others got though and would love to see haul pics!!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
jessickaxnz,  was that the holiday you had been saving for all year? Hope you had amazing time and would love to see your haul pic!!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Binary it was and I really did thank you :D haha I've been meaning to take a haul pic but have been lazy - I'll do it when I get home from work tonight :) I hope you're having a blast in Perth!
Jesse
745 posts
I couldn't resist a Sephora order! November is my birthday month so I received a free Nars gift and I needed a new foundation so good timing. Picked up a few of the Black Friday $10 packs so pretty happy with my lot :) 
simone94
191 posts
I browsed the sales but sadly did could not justify the purchases while unemployed
tannygirl
3392 posts
I really wanted to buy more but didn't have much money and also wanted to see if anything I wanted would end up in my Christmas pressies before I spent the money. I did get this color switch thing for makeup brushes though. It was on sale. If I had known RT would be 30% off I would've waited on ordering them from iherb.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!