Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

20 posts, 14 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies, who here shops from Ali Express?

I've never purchased anything from there before but I've seen a couple of things on there I really want to get but a bit wary.

Any feedback would be appreciated - good or bad and any favourite sellers you may have.

Thanks heaps xxx
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I've had good and bad experiences with them but luckily most of my experiences have been good. The products have usually been decent for the price I paid and the product was shipped within a reasonable timeframe considering that it was free. 

The one bad experience I had was when my friend in another country decided to buy me a makeup/brush holder from there and she put in my address and phone number and the seller sent me the wrong item a makeup stand instead. She opened a dispute several times but they kept closing it down so she was really sorry about it but it wasn't her fault so I told her not to worry. The acrylic makeup stand sits on my beauty/laptop table and it holds my foreo luna and skincare minis and in the drawers are sachets of stuff I want to pan off. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey hun, I've used it heaps. It is a bit hit and miss, some products are really crappy and others good. The good thing is you can open a complaint and they refund you most of the time. I stopped using it lately. Shipping is free but takes ages sometimes.
Kimrose
1419 posts
I know a lot of people that use Aliexpress and mostly their experiences have been positive
MareeB
5244 posts
Hmmm I'd never heard of them so I had a look. They sell some interesting products.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
hi 
ive shopped with them before 
and no problem at all
they are individual shops, so just check out their feedback and if it's positive :)
my sister shops there all the time and no problem either
they have really good stuff 
xxxx
poohbearfan
45 posts
Ive shopped on there quite a few times now. Just depends what your looking at. I've bought phone and tablet cases, Xmas decorations, slippers, cushion covers and a lot of bits and pieces with no issue. The quality is mostly ok and not brand name items but that is why it's so cheap. I had one thing not arrive once and one thing broken and had no trouble with replacement and refunds
Imoshen
461 posts
Buying from Aliexpress is fine.  Clothes are really hit and miss, some are great, some too small, some the material is not what you expected.  I wouldn't buy any of the makeup or skincare personally.  Always read some of the reviews that people have left.

You should be able to track your packages the entire way once it has been sent (usually it takes around 2-3 weeks to be delievered to NZ addresses).  When you receive it, you confirm on Aliexpress that it has been received and are prompted to leave feedback.  

You get a few weeks to lodge a problem.

Some people buy stuff from Wish.com too as the interface there is much better than Aliexpress but if you find it on Wish you can find it on Aliexpress and it's often cheaper (because Aliexpress will most often include shipping/postage).

Have fun shopping!
tannygirl
3392 posts
     What Alliexpress is good for is the basic plastic stuff that is marked up heavily if you were to buy it from another store. Stuff that not a lot of technology or super high quality materials or detailed craftmenship are required to make it. 

Stuff like thumbdrives, basic speakers, plastic decorations, plastic baskets, organizers, simple bags. From the beauty side of things I've bought a brush tree and a silicone brush for masks. I also bought a brush cleaning pad which was exactly like the Sigma one but it cost about 5 bucks instead of 25. The brush book was just as good as the Sigma one I had bought earlier this year, same quality, same materials except it didn't have the branding or embossing the Sigma one had. 

Imoshen
461 posts
I have been buying my kabuki brushes from them and they have been great but lately I have been purchasing the Elf ones from Kmart at $14 each and they are far superior (just wish the little handle/grip was a little longer).

I have purchased other makeup brushes too but find Real Technique, Zoeva and Morphe (don't buy this brand, they shed something chronic) have been much better in terms of application.
Julieal
915 posts
I have used and had no problems however if there is a problem with the product they send I have heard can be difficult to sort so as per most on line do your home work on what you are buying first and check reviews on the product as can be too hard with a dispute -Good Luck
RachLouise
218 posts
I do buy from Alieexpress but I wouldnt buy makeup from there
Macs
5351 posts
My cousin has made purchases from them this hand held block game . I’ve never been on there before. I heard it’s addictive. 
alikat
423 posts
one of the girls from work orders all her costume jewellery from there, so she enabled me into a couple of necklaces. They havent arrived yet. Watch this space.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i use eBay but that's because i've used it for years, so i'm set in my ways. i'm not about to change to anything else now bahahaha
but both websites are good for the most random things - i'm going to have a look later tonight to get some clips for removing my gel polish :D 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i bought about 6 things in a week at the end of last year, 5 were fine but the last put me off. The person sent then cancelled the item several times and kept calling me 'dear' which p'd me off and i asked him to stop and he was like 'sorry my dear'/

It was a total scam so I reported it and got my cash back but I won't go back. They also super spam you, i got SO many emails and had to manually subscribe from the variants.

Never again, unless it's the ONLY option
Imoshen
461 posts
I made an enquiry about something with one of the sellers on Aliexpress and they kept calling me "honey".  I really hated that so ceased all communication with them.

I don't mind dear though.  They don't mean it to be derivative or condescending, to them it's more of a generic term like how they call someone Auntie out of respect.  Takes a bit of getting used to.
trudijoy
8375 posts
totally disagree about 'dear'. If you're communicating in the English speaking world you need to know that you can't use terms of endearment with customers like that. ESPECIALLY because calling men 'sir' and women 'dear' isn't equal. Ma'am etc is fine, at least its still respectful. Dear is NOT.
Imoshen
461 posts
Yes but you're dealing with someone that has been trained by people that don't understand our culture and english is their second or third or even fourth language. 

They don't call people "Sir" or "Madam" usually because they don't know if it's a female name or a male name so generic "dear" is probably more acceptable to them.

They honestly don't know any better because that is how they have been taught to respond to people of the western world.

I deal with people from China all the time so you always have to expect the unexpected :).
trudijoy
8375 posts
Imoshen we'll agree to disagree i guess.

I'm a national foreign languages teacher expert who works with other cultures and languages all day every day, and finds that the vast majority make an effort to adhere to the cultural norms of the language they are speaking.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!