Article by BR Amelia
Fridays. Let's be honest, they're usually a bit of a battle. If we can just make it until home-time, well, we've made it to the weekend. With so much hope in sight Murphy's Law tends to kick in. What can go wrong, will go wrong. But today...it's more like we're battling Sod's Law. It will go wrong, and it will be the worst possible kind of wrong.
Yes. It's that most hallowed of Fridays. The dreaded 13th. Whatever you do today, tread carefully. Don't wear lipgloss. Don't attempt a winged liner. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, try that new peel. Don't tempt cruel fate beauties!
Thinking of the superstition of Friday 13th got us to thinking about beauty superstitions we grew up with. Here's just some that were batted round BRHQ this week.
- Pluck a grey hair and 5 more will come to its funeral.
- If an eyelash falls, place it on your finger, make a wish and blow.
- Wearing white ribbons in your hair is bad luck.
- Don't hang a mirror so low it cuts your head off - lest you want headaches!
- Keeping a lock of hair from your baby's first haircut for good luck.
- Break a mirror and you'll get 7 years bad luck.
- Throwing hair away after a haircut is bad luck - you should burn it.
- Cutting your fingernails on a Friday or Sunday is considered bad luck.