by BR Kellie
In the midst of our bustling lives, finding time to pamper ourselves can be harder than finding that random hair we keep brushing on our face, yet can never see when we go to look for it in the mirror. When people say "take an hour out for yourself", I want to challenge them to find me that hour. For, in my life, no such hour to myself exists, outside of those when you'll find me tucked up in bed getting my beauty sleep. My weekly diary is wall-to-wall work and family, and weekends are chores, family, friends, more work and sleep. The pity party is real. Then it hit me...
While finding a whole hour isn't that easy in order for me to take time out, there is something called the lunch break, and in that time there are things that can be done to help pull one's self together. Treatments that will have you in and out of your local beauty spot in less than thirty minutes, like these...
- Brow shape and/or tint. Brows in need of some tender loving care? A quick wax and pluck will get them back in shape. Got a little extra time on your hands? Add in a tint, which will save you the time in the morning filling in your brows with extra colour. That's a win/win if ever there was one!
- Eyelash tint. Want darker, fuller and longer-looking (if your lashes are fair on their tips) lashes? Lashes that look like they've seen a mascara wand, without you having to do a thing? A lash tint's for you! Even better, you don't have to worry about flaking or panda eyes for up to a month after having the treatment.
- Basic mani. Sometimes all it takes to feel fab is a quick cut, buff, shape and polish. All the while, you're forced to sit still for thirty minutes. Sounds like bliss.
- Mini facial. If your work doesn't require you to be rocking a full face of makeup, then a thirty minute facial could be just the ticket on the days when you want to treat your skin.
- Waxing. Okay, so getting your body hair pulled out of its follicle isn't the most relaxing lunch time experience, but if your lady garden needs a tidy up, or if you're getting ready to let the leggy-loos loose on the world, then your lunch break is a great time to get it done.
- Botox. Is your frown turning your smile upside down? Then a bit of Botox during your lunchbreak could be a bit of you. The procedure only takes a few minutes, and you can return to most normal activities afterwards. (The registered nurse/doctor will give you a rundown of can and can't dos during your first consultation - which can also be done during a lunch break.)
- LED Light Therapy. Want to rejuvenate your skin? Deal to redness? Scarring? Sun damage? Reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles? A little LED light therapy session during your lunchtime might be just the ticket!
- Fillers. Feel like your lips need a little extra plump? Perhaps you want to deal to marionette lines or nasolabial folds? It could be that you want to create more definition around your cheek or jaw areas. Dermal fillers may be able to do just that, and - depending on the treatment - can be done during a lunch break. As with Botox, any and all potential issues and questions can be addressed during an initial consultation.
Whether you're needing a quick pamper session to deal to the demands of the day, or you're after a quick touch up to keep you looking in your usual tip top condition, these beauty boosts can do just that – one lunch break at a time.
So, are you a fan of a lunch time beauty boost? What's your go-to? Or do you prefer to keep your lunch break for eating, scrolling and napping? Let us know by chatting below!