Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

'Blind' Pimples

14 posts, 12 members
eringracem
30 posts
So recently my skin has been acting up, breaking out all the time and I've also been having bad dry patches. My chin started hurting yesterday, I looked in the mirror and there was a dreaded 'blind' pimple - there's no head to them, but you can feel a lump and they HURT! Does anyone have any solutions to get rid of them other than waiting it out?
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I don't have a solution but when I get breakouts I find that doing mud masks nightly or every other night helps the breakouts go down. I would go with a mud mask that when it dries you can see the little oily dots sucking the guck out of your pores. I personally really like Skinfood's Mud Mask, it's one of the best and most affordable ones plus it's easy to find in supermarkets. If you want you could just apply the mask on your chin instead of your full face. 
I agree skinfood mud mask works brilliantly
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
The combination of blemishes and dry patches could mean that your skin is dehydrated. Unless you think there is another cause? If you decide to use a mask or acne treatment to treat the blemishes, be careful that it isn't something that is going to dry your skin out. The Trilogy Mineral Radiance mask has kaolin clay to draw out impurities (making them heal faster) and also rosehip so your skin is left feeling hydrated rather than tight and dry. You can also use the mask regularly to prevent blemishes. I can't remember whether the Skinfood mask dries completely. If it does, it would be a cheaper option and you could use an oil or moisturiser afterwards. Fingers crossed that you find something that works - they are a pain! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
The Skinfood mask dries tight and hard but it's very good at getting the oil out of your pores.
Macs
5351 posts
I get those . I get pimples once a month. I've started using Epiology 3 step system for when it appears, normally on my chin or upper lip area and it works for me. My pimples gone within a week and a half. I do face masking weekly. I have different masks for different reasons. I prefer Queen Helene Mint Julep for targeting pimples.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ouch they are the worst. If I feel one coming on I dab some mud mask on it and sleep with it on. It shrinks it so much and makes it go away super quick. I use Crop purifying mud mask. I love it!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've one of these monsters right now! It's like my skin's way of punishing me for spending too much and eating crappy food lol. I tend to put tea-tree oil or salicylic acid on it over night, and stick a hydrocolloid pimple patch on it as soon as the head starts to surface to suck out all that gunk.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ahhhh the blind pimples - such a pain as you can feel them and just want them to go away. I get ones that feel like they are the size of a boulder and constantly aware that is going to rear its ugly head - usually when I'm at work ha ha ha.

I am subscribed to a really awesome Youtuber and she has some really good tips that I have tried myself and they are so good, some actually stop it before it gets bigger etc.

This is the video - hope it helps xx
eringracem
30 posts
Thanks for so many helpful responses! I've heard lots about the Skinfood mask - will have to pick it up soon for sure (their cleans all cleanser is my favorite right now!) and also maybe trial using tea tree oil as I once used a lush toner with tea tree in it and it worked wonders.

Chelsea - I think my skin may be dehydrated, though I've had dry skin patches (mostly in winter) for a year and every moisturiser or exfoliator I've tried doesn't really do too much so the only thing I really find helps is to use a moisturising gentle cleanser (skin food cleans all I believe is what it's called) and then a rich moisturiser which I've currently been switching a lot in the hopes of finding a really good one.

Mumof3munchkins - Thank you, I'll check that video out!
Kimrose
1419 posts
Gosh those darn things hurt so much!  i havent had one for ages now, but when I did I would use a warm compress and do a Trilogy mud mask.  that seemed to help

swamphen
73 posts
Warm compress and don't pick it!!!! Resist the urge!
Julieal
915 posts
I find a dab of tea tree oil does the trick and also takes the sting out.
EliseMM
120 posts
Love love love reading the insights from everyone. I have used Benzac for a while which is effective but really does dry out your skin. Tea tree oil is very effective (although can be quite harsh on sensitive skin). Agree wholeheartedly that Skinfood mud masque is fabulous. 

I was told the other day that pimples around the chin are a sign of an unhappy tummy, often from eating junk food. Pimples around the jaw line are apparently a sign of hormonal imbalance. I'm not sure if that is pure science, but it certainly makes sense for me!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!