Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR did you go back to work today? How did you spend your break?

13 posts, 12 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
i started back today after 3 weeks off - I say started back but because I work from home and there's not a lot to do atm it's been pretty cruisy today, which is good because I had a 24 hour bug ugh.

Over the break I spent the three weeks doing different things...

The week before christmas i slept in a lot, pottered about getting my house tidied, packed, bought and wrapped xmas presents (and bday gifts for my niece and my friend) and basically tried to get out of work mode and into holiday mode. I went up to Mums on the Thursday of that week.

The week of Xmas itself was basically too windy to be outside much, but my brother and sister in law came down with my niece so I hung out with her a lot (she's 2), and I did a lot of the cooking. Mum and I took flowers down to Dad's memorial and had a coffee and cake morning tea with him a couple days after Xmas which was nice.

Once I got home I focused on exploring Auckland. i go away so much for work that I wanted to just hang out in my own city, and I managed to head to the city, Devonport, Takapuna, Birkenhead, Parnell (rose gardens and the historic buildings), Newmarket, the butterfly house and waterfall out west and a bunch of other places.

Next holidays probably not until Waitangi day!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I didn't, but I'll count the mans break as mine ;-) my friend came up for a second Christmas, we went to the festival of lights, and just did house chores. It was relaxed and fantastic!

That's awesome you're exploring your own backyard, I should do that more often. There's a few parks around here that I want to go explore, apparently one has a popular swimming spot that I wouldn't mind checking out!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I visited family down south, and made a quick trip up to Wellington for a few days. Today I was back at work, fully powered by coffee. Glad today wasn't too hectic, don't think I could have handled it!

Next holiday Japan!!!! So excited.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Technically I'm working all the time (full time Mum) but it's not really work as they are my responsibility :)
W spent Christmas with the families and New Years with My Mum and Dad. So we did leave the house haha.
We are going on a holiday in 10ish days for almost 2 weeks though :) looking forward to that!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
That right Amy there is no time off for parents but to do my part for parents, I worked over xmas new year so that parents where I work could be off with their sprogs. When I was growing up both mum and dad were off work over this period, so I take my leave a little later in Feb or March to make up for it
Macs
5351 posts
I'm like Amy (full time mum ) But I'm enrolling in study this week. I expect to start in February. I spent my break at home, most of my family came to us. I haven't been away for a holiday for a long time. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Snap I'm a full time mama so happy to not have started work I work during school terms which is pleasant.
Haven't been anywhere & am lapping up sleeping in. We just go to the beaches around East Coast Bays free,fun & fab
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I go back to work this week. During the holiday break we visited pretty much all the main places on the north island between wellington and tauranga.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I was working two jobs up until boxing day but gave one in because the manager and I were NOT friends,  Destressed after that so happy as.  I just started back at my main job yesterday.  It's soooo good to be back in to a routine,  I need routine in my life so I am happy now,  Just waiting for school to hurry up now so I can be back to normal and life as I know it.

The holidays I spent boxing day working but time and a half oh yeah!  I had xmas with all my family at my brothers it was amaze.  I haven't had a family xmas since forever ago.  Then we went up to Hamilton to see my husbands sons and daughter in law.  The rest of the holiday was a blur of not knowing the day or date.  I spent new years with my aunty drinking and having a good ole time.  I enjoyed the holidays but I don't like unplanned days.
MareeB
5244 posts
I know what you mean Shana - I lose track of what day it is too, and it's kind of disconcerting. I wonder if it gets like that when you retire. I miss the morning news at 7.30am as my day centres on that all year round then suddenly it stops for a month! I worked through and only had the stat days off but had a long weekend this weekend and another one next week so it feels holidayish still. It involves two trips to Chch airport which is quite stressful for a small-towner though :)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
My last day of work was on saturday so I get to spend the last 2 weeks with my daughter before school starts back. We just got back from spending a few days camping up the coromandel. Finally got to go to the hot water beach and the cathedral cove. Soo beautiful up there. Glad to be back home though :)
Macs
5351 posts
That sounds lovely Toni. I never did see the hot water beach down there. I do remember going to a new years market in the coromandel a year ago. That was on my list of places to visit.
Ringy
825 posts
hot water beach was one of the first things we did when we moved to New Zealand. It's like known as a have to do thing- you all need to go there and see it - it's free and there is a camp ground near by so you can tent or cabin it pretty cheaply. MUST DO

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!