Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Makeup remover

21 posts, 16 members
MissQT
1547 posts
what makeup remover so you use? Ages ago I used to use makeup wipes, then I moved to a garnier 2 in 1 solution which has been discontinued, I then used coconut oil and I now use garnier micellar water.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I use the Maybelline Eye & Lip make-up remover, it's this blue and white dual phase one (it's not in BR's Brand Directory yet).  I've tried a few brands of micellar water but I keep going back to the Maybelline, as I find it to be gentle and very effective!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I use coconut oil on a small wipe. Works great especially for eye makep. I love coconut oil and incorporate it in my beauty routine daily :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Silvene I use that one too!!! And it's cheap as chips, maybe $6-$7 at New World? It's so bloody awesome. It gets off JS lipsticks (which usually stain me) like there was nothing there in the first place. I love it!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i use a combo of ZA oil cleanser and Garnier micellar water - works perfectly with my skin <3
Macs
5351 posts
I'm using Garnier Micellar Water. I'm surprised my skin hasn't reacted to it. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Shaz, I was really surprised that a cheap make-up remover works so well, even on lip stains and Benefit's They're Real Push-up Liner (which was usually a pain to get off).  It's also the perfect size to toss into an overnight bag and unlike micellar water, I've never had one that leaks! *touch wood*
beautygramnz
19 posts
I just use the standard Garnier Micellar Water with the pink packaging but I think that I will have to try the Maybelline Eye and Lip Makeup Remover after reading these comments. Do you ladies use it just on your eyes and lips or all over your face?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I usually use the Maybelline makeup remover on my eyes (& lips if I'm wearing lipstick or a stain), then I remove the rest of my make-up with Lipidol Face Cleansing Oil before using a foaming cleanser.

If I only have light make-up on (no gel or liquid eyeliner), then I can get away with using the oil cleanser or the foaming cleanser without having to double cleanse or use the Maybelline. (I don't use waterproof mascara, only regular or water-resistant, as I find waterproof mascara makes my lashes brittle and they tend to break). 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I am currently using Trilogy Active Enzyme Cleansing Cream which I love.  For my eyes I am using L'Oreal eye make up remover which is not a fav, I need to find my HG eye make up remover.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I swear by Lush's Ultrabland used with a hot face cloth. I've yet to find anything that beats it. It gets everything off, including waterproof mascara (I didn't realise I was even wearing waterproof mascara until I used another cleanser). I absolutely despise wipes and micellar lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
we've had this conv soozie but it's the 'every face is different' one haha Ultrabland made me want to rip my own face off, but I love my micellar.

It's all so trial and error, and yes, alikat, you're totally right, climate plays a huge part. Everytime I go back to Japan I have to rethink some stuff.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi, I did use micellar the other day.....to get hair dye off the carpet lol. Ahh yes....Japanese summers. Buy all the things for oily skin! I still have a stock pile of oil blotting papers. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
japanese summers, when my look basically involves hair in a bun, waterproof eyeliner and mascara, SPF lip balm and that's about it because the rest melts off!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I generally just use a microfiber cloth these days with a cleanser and occasionally rosehip oil on the eyelids to remove stubborn eye make up.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I recently got into double cleansing where first you remove all the makeup and dirt by using a oil based product then use a watery/foamy cleanser to clean again. I've been making little pottles of coconut oit/chia see oil/rosehip oil/olive oil/vitamin e oil and I just rub it onto my face with my fingers then wipe it off with a baby wipe. Works super well!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I am using some dual phase shake ones frm Clinique and Lancome that I have. They do the job but they're not really budget friendly.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I like to use Micellar water all over my face and a specific eye makeup remover for my eyes. Atm I have Linden Leaves eye makeup remover. Then once all my makeup is off I double cleanse my face. First I use an oil cleanser, followed with a foaming/gel cleanser in the shower.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I loved the Trilogy makeup removal balm I never got myself some again I do double cleanse since last year atm I'm using the Dermologica micellar water all over then cleanse with my face cream cleanser the Dermologica micellar water is very efficient non abrasive & does y face justice twice a week I'll exfoliate on top of my dual cleanse as I do wear full face 6 out of 7 days per week
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I use the makeup remover balm by Trilogy or the Garnier Micellar water. I swap and change between the 2. Sometimes I use both. I'll use the balm all over but will use the water to remove stubborn eye makeup
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Clinique take the day of cleansing balm. Wipes or micellar water if I am feeling lazy.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!