Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

'Crazy' things you've done

36 posts, 17 members
charly
456 posts
The other day I did my face up nicely, with lippy and everything, and hubby commented how nice I looked.

"Thanks," I replied, "I've just got the new Trilogy makeup removing balm and I want to try it out, so I need to wear makeup today!" 

He he looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head. "You put makeup on just so you can take it off?"

"Err... Yeah... Is that a problem?"

What have you done for beauty that left your family/friends/flatties shaking their heads in disbelief?
chikoboo
3402 posts
Hehehe I've been experimenting lately with bolder more artist looks so I can spend hours (last week's attempt took 3 hours) only to take a photo and go wash it off again.  Hubby thinks I am cray cray and keeps trying to block me from washing it off, suggesting he'll take me out for dinner or drinks whilst all made up..eeeerr cheers but no! lol
charly
456 posts
Haha, that's cute of him!
Designer-mic
249 posts
hehe you guys are cute. So funny. Im forever doing things to make my Rich laugh, roll his eyes, or say "bubs, what are you up to now?!" often followed by "you goofy we thing". At least im keeping him entertained. :) x
Macs
5351 posts
My partner rolls his eyes at me when Im doing my make up, hes not a fan of it. Recons I dont need it. Psst whatever lol. Havent done any crazy looks yet.
Designer-mic
249 posts
hehe thats nice he thinks you are beautuiful without it. Mines the same. Especially lipstick which is my new thing. :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Funny! I don't think I've done anything too crazy. Um well not that I can think of anyway. 
butternutter
42 posts
Turned up at the farm I was servicing with a full face of makeup. Was meant to finish there the previous day but they changed their mind and I was ready to head off to a wedding. Should've washed it off as in the end I couldn't get to the wedding due to flooding!
Mila
1209 posts
I havent really done anything crazy but nothing surprises my partner haha !!.... It took me seventy thousand goes to try and perfect winged eyeliner to just repeatedly wash off and I wasnt going anywhere just experimenting.  He knows I like to play around with my pretty things he doesnt really get it but he knows I love it...He does get into my nail polish though (as in really likes the brights)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Nothing overally crazy for me, I have done my makeup before full face just to stay at home "dressed up with no where to go" lol I then had to go to the supermarket later that evening and my partner giggled that I had "done my makeup just to go to the supermarket" haha. Really I had just done it for myself.
I've also once purchased a lilac hair dye, dyed my hair blonde to lighten it and the next day chicken out and sell the lilac hair dye!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Nothing particularly crazy. But when I was mastering the two step lipstick, I would apply it at night because that was the only time no one would see me if I got it wrong.
MareeB
5244 posts
Mullet in the 70s. I will not embarass myself by commenting further.
charly
456 posts
Designer-mic and Macs, your partners are sweet!
charly
456 posts
Butternutter, bugger about the wedding!
charly
456 posts
Mila, does he paint them for you?
charly
456 posts
Amy, aww, you gonna try again for the pastel hair? 

Crystalclear, I hear ya!

Mareebros, haha, good call!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Well in the past like in the 90s I sbaved my hair I did an undercut with no attachment on the clippers and my family's response was, "oh well I don't have to walk next to you down the street" but to my peers and actually myself I was bad as, as in cool or mean as or trendy however you put it...
In the present I can't say much except today when we're at breakfast I was dressed face done down to primer and I said to my baby the last one at the table for breakfast can we hurry up bc mum needs to get dressed & he said ,"mummy yout are dressed", to which I replied, "mummy hasn't done her face once her face is done is when I'm dressed & ready to go" where my big boy laughed and shook his head in a good way.
Ringy
825 posts
oh yes the undercut...done with a pair of nail scissors and my dads disposable razor one school holidays. That unfortunately wasn't the last of my crazy shenanigans. Burnt my eyelashes off with a home made cigarette made out of regular paper and herbs (like basil and oregano). I also tried to dye my hair red with the red shampoo that is meant to freshen up your colour- it was so patchy I made my husband go buy me packets of bleach to get it out again- I've had a love/hate relationship with red hair over the years, many home dye experiences. 
Mila
1209 posts
Oh no he doesn't paint them no one touches the feet but me lol
Macs
5351 posts
Undercuts were Ace as back then. I never had one but all the cuzzies had them Keri. Kids are a crack up when they make sense. My son buzzes me out all the time. Tonight he was determined to dominate my br page, hes shown interest in it. He likes to grab the mouse and click click lol
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oh Macs my kids and I have hilarious moments even when im growling them we end up laughing together at the end of it bc I'm forever cracking a joke but they get the point of the growling. I was told to always keep the humour with my kids be silly and stuff which works wonders.
Designer-mic
249 posts
How was the makeup removing balm charly? I haven't tried mine yet.
Designer-mic
249 posts
All this talk of undercuts reminds me if a few years back when I went for the side of the head shaved look. It was awesome! My hair dresser did it the first time. My partner and I were in a mixed flat and I'd get my flatmate to re-shave it. Sometimes after a few wines hehee. My partner would be standing beside us in the bathroom freaking out and yelling instructions. So funny. He was more worried than me that something would go wrong.
charly
456 posts
Designer-mic, haha! I'd be that person freaking out and shouting instructions!

At first I thought the balm was too oily, but after I wiped my face with the included face cloth my skin felt lovely. It's fun to use a product that's a bit different.
Designer-mic
249 posts
Hehee. Yeah he was like what if she shaves to high. OMG. I was like Pffft it will grow back. Hehe. I must give the balm a go tonight. I love my bossy oil cleanser so much it's hard to have as night off.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh I had an undercut during the early 90's where it buzzed up one side of my head and went longer the other side.  Actually hated it but it was what everyone else was doing and I was such a go with the flow kind of kid.  Just had my first undercut as an adult a month or so ago to take some of the weight out of the back of my hair as it is so thick and unruly at times, it is all but grown back now and made the front of my hair look odd as it hanged at an angle so probably won't venture into doing that again, did it on a whim anyway so nothing gained nothing lost =)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
My under cut was more then half of my bottom hair and a very short top so like a mushroom and my undercut was a number 0 so to the skin and the boys thought I was like freaky in doing this they use to talk to me about it which was good bc I went to a boarding school for high school with 150boys and 30 girls so anything to get in the good books with the boys was a win for me. TE AUTE COLLEGE was the name of the school. I must admit it was freaky looking.
charly
456 posts
K3r1pakai, I remember that hair cut. I didn't go there myself, but I remember it well!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Keri I remember that hair cut and my brother requiring assistance to do it when our mum was out as she had already told him no to the look. oops
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had black pink and purple hair for a while. I wear some out there colours and styles sometimes.

I think if people are going to judge you for doing these things then that's their problem! :) It's so much fun to experiement
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Lol Trudi my hair is currently black and pink
trudijoy
8375 posts
I was seriously tempted to go back to it jessicka... just started a corporate job though so went for a tamer ombre in varying shades of brown
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't think it's crazy but I did do all my hair lovely colors ;-). My nana apparently freaked out hahahaha I think I would've gotten a smack with her slipper had I been there!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
My new crazy thing is my bright pink mohawk (well too long for a mohawk atm).  My hubby looked at me sideways like o_0 and was like hhhmmm I shouldn't be surprised with anything you do really cause it's an everyday thing with you.  My nana swung her tokotoko (walking stick) at me hehe she shakes her head and says oh shana what next, a big tattoo on your face?! lol shes awesome!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha Shana, that would've been funnier if your nana had the buzzer on the bottom of her stick haha you'd get a smack and a shock! ;-)
Macs
5351 posts
Well your nan sounds cool, straight up aye. I like that ;)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!