Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Beauty Trend: Contour is dead all hail the baby face

19 posts, 15 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
This really made me smile this morning as I don't get on with contouring at all, even though I try gawd help me I try!  However the trend I keep reading about now is set to kill the age of Kardashian contouring overload with the influx of dewy baby face, and I couldn't be happier as that is my face naturally, doll like and baby round.  

The key points of this new trend is cute, plumped cheek with dewy skin, lack of bronzer for defination with accent to look doll like with lush lashes, pearly lips and rose or copper toned blushes for a flushed look.    

Anyway just wanted to say as it made me so happy to read =)

MareeB
5244 posts
I'll be looking for your demo photo Kirsty.I have a square face really but it's round because I'm chubby.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've tried contouring a few times before but just can't quite get the hang of it :) It'd be imteresting to see a side by side of baby face vs contoured face
tannygirl
3392 posts
I've never really done contouring before but I just recently bought a bronzer that is supposed to be good for contouring so I may do some light contouring. Looking like the baby face trend that would really suit you Chikoboo. Could you post a link to the article and pics of it? I'm curious.
Jesse
745 posts
I've never done hugely contoured, with the tiger stripes and blend blend blend. I do contour some parts of my face lightly with bronzer though as I prefer sculpting my round face. The baby face is something that's definately not for me, but I can see how it would be perfect for others.
Julieal
915 posts
I like the look of contouring as it is very slimming but I haven't the confidene in doing it.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Tannygirl here is the article   
Macs
5351 posts
I have contoured foundations . Some times it works for me and other times it hasn't. Haven't attempted powders before. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I don't know who decides when a trend is finished.. but from my current insight into the beauty world, contouring is as big as it has ever been! Even though it's not something I actually do.  Thats not to say that other trends arent becoming popular and I am all for dewey, glowy skin so would love to see if this trend can overtake the contouring craze. Chikoboo, can yo readd thie link.. for some reason its not working for me :( 
Artemis
311 posts
I much prefer a baby face/doll face look to the heavily contoured look, will be interested to see how this trend takes off! Nothing wrong with a nicely done contour, problem is many people over do it or just dont do it well.
chikoboo
3402 posts
You have to click on the h, unfortunately that is the only way linking is working for me at the moment a single letter, or the whole shabam unlinked it is there just under that h =)

Total agree with you about trends but it was just a breathe of fresh air to read that the era of badly contoured faces might me happening.  Each to their own though if you love contouring you contour, if you love strobing you strobe, if you are a 5 minute slap on some Bb cream, a single eyeshadow, coat of mascara and a lippie then do that.  Makeup is your own materials on your own canvas to do whatever you feel like, there is no right or wrong way only your way.  Although I wouldn't advice mascara on the lips or something else weird, but you get what I mean.  

Oh and I when I post such threads it is in light humor, please no one take me seriously, well not too much as that is far too much pressure for me as I don't take myself seriously ;)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I definitely agree with you Beauty Context, I don't know who decides when a trend is over I don't think contouring will just go away. The baby face looks like what I used to wear to casual work shifts when I was working with a temping company. I tired most of the time from working odd crazy hours so relied on foundation, a hint of blush and soft pink shades on my lips and eyes to make me look more awake and cheerful. I don't wear falsies but if I did that would've enhanced the look. 
  I do like the simplicity of this look and how it's easier to pull off in a hurry, minus the false lashes of course. Plus it uses less products.
MareeB
5244 posts
Gigi Hadid was born beautiful - she doesn't need any make up. She got her mother's looks.
Rezee
1964 posts
I never could get the hang of cotouring, my face is too round I think. Or I just suck at it lol. I really like the fresh face look that those in the article have going on. It probably helps that they are gorgeous already anyway!
Ringy
825 posts
I hope it goes- for the sake of all the poor people who are getting around with faces that look like they have two toned makeup on, which they actually do so I guess they have achieved that look! It looks great in photos but so many people get it so wrong for everyday wear and it's way to obvious or the wrong colors and they end up looking like a Van Gogh all patches of colour! I can't do it and I accept that I can't. 
MrsRosie
214 posts
I saw a image yesterday of people contouring their LEGS....enough said! haha new trend anyone?
I personally haven't tried contouring (on my face!) but would love to learn. Until then im happy without it!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've never really got the contouring trend and have never attempted it. Ummm, no actually I will admit to doing the boob contouring thing in the 90s lol. I have a travel palette that I bought in duty free that has a contouring kit in it but didnt realise that at the time I bought it. I think I am much more suited to the baby face trend and going with what I've been given rather than trying to change it. 
Lutece
1849 posts
The new trend sounds great, dewy faces are always beautiful. I will still contour until the end of times because it makes my face x10 smaller lol
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never heard about this new trend until now. I can see that you would suit this look Chikoboo.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!