Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Free mac lipstick! This saturday 29th

32 posts, 16 members
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Saw ads for this on instagram and facebook. Here's a link to MoreFM's article on it. Apparently you just have to go to a MAC counter and sign up to their mailing list! I'm currently not subscribed so I'll be going along to see if it's real!

Seems too good to be true but worth a shot aye?
Kimrose
1412 posts
I saw this, how exciting!  I actually dont own a red lippy, hopefully I will be able to get my first one on saturday. Good luck ladies, get in quick!
MissQT
1547 posts
I saw this on fb too! I'm going to try and go to my local Mac.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm trying to figure out where the best place in Akl to try this might be. I have three places in mind.
JessB
219 posts
My friends and I are going to do this this weekend :) 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I might pop down and try my luck. Thanks.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I'm hoping that they'll have quite a couple lipsticks at each location to give out, instead of telling everyone 'we ran out of stock'. But considering full size lippies are around $40, I can't imagine them wanting to give out hundreds.
Macs
5351 posts
I'm keen to check this out . I'm so going there lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I'm sceptical as I've never heard of Mac having any kind of promotion at all. I've already got a Mac red that I never wear so I won't be going. Be interested to see how you ladies get on. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Just seen it on instagram. It says "while supplies last". 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Yea, the limited stocks thing makes me think they'll give away lipsticks to like the first 5 people or something. Would be the perfect excuse for them to say 'oh we ran out but sign up anyway.'
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's exactly what I'm thinking Charmmykitty. 
Kimrose
1412 posts
Trudi, I am going to Westfield Manakau as my car is booked in for a service at 8am so I will be there bright and early!
swamphen
73 posts
Good luck everyone in getting a lipstick!!

FYI- do people know about the back to mac promotion? They've run this for as long as I have been using their products and I have scored many free lipsticks!
Just can't redeem at their smaller/airport stores.

From the MAC website
Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back-to-M·A·C Program. By returning six [6] M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter or M·A·C Cosmetics online, you’ll receive a free M·A·C lipstick of your choice as our thanks to you. Please note, Lipsticks provided at no charge cannot be returned or exchanged. M·A·C Select Back-to-M·A·C Expanded is only available in stores at this time
Ringy
825 posts
the Dunedin que is crazy! Like over a hundred people waiting. My time is worth more than the cost of a lipstick. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Line went really quickly here. Would have been less than 20 mins. Thanks again for sharing :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh, cool! Did you get one then? Is it Ruby Woo? Full-Sized?
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm tentatively out and about today but not actively searching for one; MAC lipstick isn't close to my fave and I have better things to do post-illness than stand in the cold. Would be nice and more power to those who can wait but the one shop I checked sold out 'ages ago' and rumour has it Auckland's either sold out or long lines. I'd rather choose my own shade and pay this time I think
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Ringy the Dunners one was indeed insane! It actually sped up a lot once they started passing around the signup sheets so you just filled it while in the queue and then handed it to them at the counter and got the lipstick. I waited probably half an hour at the most?

The shade was retro, I thought it was Ruby woo which they advertised but hey a free lipstick is a free lipstick!
Ringy
825 posts
I was on a tight schedule with Saturday morning sports etc. plus I got a heap of stuff in the vault that will arrive soon and there certainly were a heap of keen people waiting so they probably deserve a free lippy more than me- plus there was a sale on at H and Js so I got a few other things. Another sales lady there said they had 250 to give out at the dunedin counter and that they were turning part of the lingerie dept into a brand new mac counter in the near future. 
g1ggles2
358 posts
I rocked up  to Botany at 9am took one look at the line and my daughter in her pram and decided to flag it, grab the other thing I came for then head home via Manukau to have a look there.
Im glad I did because the line moved pretty fast.
At one point they said they were out of Ruby Woo but had a different shade but by the time I was at the counter they had restocked.

Im glad I got to take part and lucky my daughter found it all exciting!

Not a bad morning - free MAC lippy and free 30min facial voucher from Caci clinic for dropping off old bag
Kimrose
1412 posts
I had to take my car for a service in Manakau so it was perfect timing for me.  I got there around 8.40 and was gone by 9.02.  So quick, and this is my first red lipstick!  Excited to try it. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Congrats to those who scored one, hope you love them :)
Macs
5351 posts
I was at Mac Botany and I managed to get a lipstick. I'm over the moon with it.
Julieal
915 posts
Luck ladies -I didn't have a chance to get to shop today
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I ended up heading in quite late because of commitments, so I was surprised to see they were even still going. I got the second to last red. Though I was tempted by the nude too. I also went and checked out some other MAC stuff while I was there.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Such a nice day in Auckland so glad all you beauties got to treat yourselves for free with this lipstick. I hope it's reoccur's annually.
MissQT
1547 posts
Sounds like there were different shade available at different counters. I missed out on getting one as they ran out in Wellington 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I don't live near a MAC store so wasn't able to take up this great offer but so stoked a few of you managed to get one.  Look forward to hopefully seeing some of you wearing your new lippies on the photo wall x
eringracem
30 posts
I live in Wellington - was going to go check this out but the nearest store was a bit too far of a drive for me unless I was there for a really good reason. Bit disappointed I didn't go now though, but I don't really need more lipstick haha!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I couldn't make it all the way into town but congrats to everyone that got one. Were you able to choose a shade or did they just hand one to you?
Macs
5351 posts
I just had one given to me. I didn't get to choose.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!