Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Gentle facial cleanser/wash needed

21 posts, 10 members
MickChick
41 posts
Help BR goddesses. I'm needing a good facial cleanser/wash. Super gentle, suitable for really sensitive, dry skin, yet something that actually cleans my skin! So something more oily/rich. For use 2-3 times a week. Preferably under the $20 mark :) Thank you xx 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    If you're looking for a liquid emulsifying oil cleanser then I would recommend Palmer's cleansing oil. It's been really gentle on my skin even when it's sensitive and for under $20 you get around 180mls that more than the average oil cleanser. Texture wise it's similar to Dermalogica's Pre-cleanse. It was one of my best skincare buys not last year but the year before. 
MickChick
41 posts
Awesome. Thank you :) 
Sophia
203 posts
St Ives Green tea scrub is nice, and at supermarket for $10ish. Use a pea sized blob and rub gently and slowly with water. It's got a fine scrub in it but if you are gentle it is ok for sensitive skin. 
Also Natio foaming facial cleanser is pretty gentle too and has no added scrubbers - maybe$13-15 at Farmers, Health post etc 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ecostore products are quite gentle, I was on a trial for the cleanser, moisturiser and night cream.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Skinfood or Essano are gentle. Antipodes and Plantae are my favourites but over $20. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh yes I would also second Skinfood, it's so good.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    My current fave oil cleanser which is around the $20 mark is the Heimish All Clean Balm. I find a balm goes further than a liquid oil cleanser. This one is affordable, suits sensitive skin (unless you are allergic to essential oils), a little goes a long way and it has alot of natural extracts and removes makeup really well. I like it more than my Clinique Take the Day Off Balm.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Another cleanser I'm really loving and I use as my second cleanse is this Extra Gentle Cleanser by Ceramedx off iherb. This one is great for sensitive skin, leaves my skin feeling soft and plump and very affordable. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Another great one which is even more affordable for the ammount you get but is similar to the Ceremedex one is the CeraVe cream cleanser. It's around $20 but you get 355ml. If you want to just try it out I think they have a small 87ml bottle of it for like $8.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Also the other thing I use for make up removal is rosehip oil. i find that it removes the make up gently, then I just do a quick wipe with a cleanser to give the skin a deeper cleanse.
MickChick
41 posts
I've just ordered 'Cleans All' & a gentle exfoliating scrub from Skinfoods online :) Also - side note bonus, when you register your email address & sign up to their newsletter you get $5 off your first purchase. Plus free shipping in NZ! :D Thanks for the help xx 
Added info about my horrid skin - I can't use rosehip oil, it flares up my redness & makes my skin super hot. I use argan oil and sometimes a blend of coconut & almond oil. They're amazing! 
xxx 
MickChick
41 posts
Oh - quick add. I've used 2 skinfood's face masks before, so I know 100% that they don't irritate my skin xx :) 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I just recently tried Olives’s gentle cleansing lotion from Farmers. It’s 100ml for 19.99. Not a bad cream cleanser =D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, the Heimish balm is also to be avoided by those with sensitive eyes. I had the most horrible allergic reaction to,it after using it for a month. The pharmacist told me to never use it again. 
Sophia
203 posts
Mickey, how do you get on with jojoba oil? That's another natural oil that's not as powerful as rosehip, and can be found quite cheap.

Macs
5351 posts
I love snowberry , True , evolu , oxygen and ethique in your face their a little over that mark . 

If I had to pick supermarket brand I would go for skinfood or neutrogena . 
MickChick
41 posts
Sophia - I don't think I've ever tried jojoba. I'll have to give it a go and see how it shapes up :) 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Oh yes macs. Talking about neutrogena.. I really like their Hydroboost Gelee Milk Cleanser =D

SandieNZ
424 posts
The oxygen Creme cleanser is super gentle and norusong but just ok with makeup removal and it might be over the $20 price point ,  but it’s a large tube 
Bonnie_Kahui
1 posts
I have dry and sensitive skin and have been struggling with it since I hit 30. (Current age 34)

I read a review about Cetaphil on this site and decided to give it a go. Absolutely love it! It’s been an amazing change and is way more affordable than the high end products that I had been using. I bought the cleanser and moisturiser from the pharmacy for $12.99 each and I am super stoked with the results. I also take the moisturiser on jobs with me and I find it great for dry and mature skin to use before makeup application. I have a separate makeup remover, I tend to use an oil based makeup remover to get rid of the stubborn makeup and follow with the Cetaphil. Hope this helps, good luck! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!