Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Asian face sheet masks - faves and/or recommendations?

7 posts, 5 members
shellbell
20 posts
Before I got into my current skincare routine, I was completely obsessed with sheet masks. It was like my occasional way of pampering myself without having to fork out a huge amount of money. (Each sheet is around $1-3 a piece, plus you can buy 5 at a discounted price!!)

The brands I've tried so far include: the Taiwanese brands, My Scheming (Skin Clarifying Astringent mask), and My Beauty Diary (Apple Polyphenol mask and Broccoli mask). Plus Leaders Insolution (Tea Tree Relaxing Skin Renewal mask and Aloe Soothing Skin Renewal mask) which is a Korean brand. I also tried a Japanese branded one ages ago, but I don't know what the brand was - all I remember was that it was "flavoured" green tea, lol. I'm extremely keen to get my hands on some Innisfree and TonyMoly masks as I've heard amazing things!

I'd just like to know what other brands of Asian sheet masks you all have tried, and what are your faves. Also, what would you recommend me with my skin type? (oily/combination with my nose and forehead getting the most oiliest. No blackheads, but whiteheads are common, and only sometimes get the odd breakout.)

P.S. JIC you were wondering, my favourite from all the ones I've tried to date is probably Leaders Insolution's Tea Tree Relaxing Skin Renewal Mask! I deeply regret not stocking up on it as it has disappeared from my local Japanese dollar stores for over a year, probably two..
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've only ever tried the Dabo Face Sheets and the Beauty Friends Sheet Masks and I'm not a fan of sheet masks.  I have oily skin and find the sheet masks just tend to be refreshing without actually doing much for my skin.   I prefer a clay mask or peel off gel mask as these tend to clear out my pores more.  Clay masks are definitely better when it comes to oil control and large pores.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried them yet shellbell. I regret not buying them when I went to the  Japan store in Botany Downs. Maybe next time Im up there I'll give some a try. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I haven't tried it yet but one masque and brand that I have my eyes on is Benton. The snail and bee essence serum was on my wishlist and I was lucky to receive it from my Secret Santa at Christmas. I want to try more of their products when I have used up my current skincare. I have tried the By Nature Face Masques which you can find at the warehouse for a reasonable price but, best when on sale. They aren't Asian but they are readily available. They are pretty nice and do leave your skin moisturized and hydrated. I like to do it after an exfoliating masque.
shellbell
20 posts
@Silvene yes, I feel most sheet masks are like placebos. I'll definitely look into clay masks!

@Macs if you're ever in Auckland CBD, there's a Japan Dollar Mart midtown Queen street that sells some sheet masks too. It's always nice to give it a try at least once :)

@tannygirl those sound nice! I'll look into it next time I'm at The Warehouse.
Macs
5351 posts
I definitely will be up in Auckland in June for my nephews first birthday. Hopefully I can visit that Japan as I had no luck at the Botany Downs store. But I did see Urban Decay there.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Funny, I feel like clay masks do nothing for me and I prefer sheets masks.  I also like the convenience of them. You just throw them away instead of having to rinse them off. I don't have a favourite. I have a stash of freebies I collected from all the different beauty stores in Korea. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!