Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Argireline Solution 10%

11 posts, 5 members
KiwiLass
174 posts
Who else has tried Argireline Solution by The Ordinary? So cheap, yet surprisingly effective! 
AboutFace
414 posts
Never heard of it. Is it a moisturizer?
tannygirl
3392 posts
    AboutFace, it's a very watery serum. Wayne Goss recommended it so I bought it and tried two bottles of it. Personally I didn't see a difference with it so I stopped using it but I do use the Buffet which has it in a smaller ammount and saw results using it so it's possible Argireline did something for my skin. The Ordinary products are such great value for money.
KiwiLass
174 posts
I do wonder if you have to have pretty defined lines to notice a difference? My forehead and expression lines around my eyes and mouth are quite noticeable these days. 
I'm really keen to try Buffet. I've seen results with the Retinol and Vit C as well.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Sadly the thing I've discovered with skincare is the worse off your skin is the more room for improvement the products have and the most noticeable difference. Like for example with the Vitamin C, I have some lighter tan splotches and sunspots on my face and no brightening product or vitamin C product has erased them. But I did have some darker spots and when I used the high percentage Vitamin Cs in the tubes I noticed they lightened a bit. 
MareeB
5248 posts
I've heard of the ordinary but not Argireline.
AboutFace
414 posts
Sounds interesting I will have to check it out. I have noticed that some women use retin a and get good results with it taking years off with continued use but I think it's prescription only.
Imoshen
461 posts
Yes Retin A is prescription only but you can get a second generation over the counter called Differin which is targeted more for acne but is just as good as Retin A.

With the article on the Home page about sunscreen, if you use either Retin A or Differin, sunscreen is a MUST.

Tannygirl - I have tried the Garden of Wisdom Vitamin C from Victoria Health and it's a lovely product BUT I won't repurchase because the pump is horrible.  It doesn't dispense the product nicely into your palm, it's like shooting slime out of a cannon.

For sunspots, try Azeliac Acid.  You can pick this up from the chemist over the counter for around $32 a tube (less on Pharmacy Direct) at 20%.  It does take a long time to start working though so you'll need to give it several months.  I am using one called Skinoren but you can pick up a cheaper one from Chemist Warehouse, forgot the name of it.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Oh my gosh Imoshen, thanks for mentioning that! I have a couple bottles of the GOW Vitamin C + Ferulic Acid sitting in a cart. I have been lusting after it since Wayne Goss mentioned it.

Will keep using my Vitamin C 30% suspension in silicone from the Ordinary. Btw if you're going out at night or the evening it's amazing as a primer (I would wait till your skin has built up tollerance to it first though)! I used it a few times when I was doing my makeup for the evening and my full face of makeup my foundation blended on amazingly, no slipage on my face and my makeup lasted for hours! I would wear it on top of my spf moisturizer during the day but you're supposed to wear it over water based products in order to get the benefits of the Vitamin C. I did use a bit of the Lush Magical Moringa primer on top as a moisturizer/primer and it probably just increased the wear time of my makeup. 
KiwiLass
174 posts
I have found the Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum to be a firm favourite for day time use under SPF - it absorbs quickly, excellent amount of vit c, and has really helped my glow - this is the first time I've had a lot of sun while overseas for a month and no increased sun spots. Sit it clearly helps the SPF boost.
I like The Ordinary Vit C suspension for night time use, but it sure stings at first!

tannygirl
3392 posts
    It took a few weeks for my skin to get adjusted to the Vitamin C suspensions from the Ordinary but now it's used to it and it doesn't sting unless I have some skin that's rubbed a bit raw from blowing my nose. You have to be consistently applying it every day to build tolerance. I did go 2-3 days without applying it because I was trying something else out and when I came back to using it there was a slight bit of tingling. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!