Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

L'oreal Paris Preference Wild Ombre

51 posts, 29 members
Seza95
175 posts
Hi ladies.

I have been toying with the idea of having ombre hair now that my hair is a bit longer. L'oreal has just brought out their ombre dye kit and I was wondering if any of you have used this. If so what is it like and does it work well?

Thanks xo
T-rish-e
5 posts
I can't help sorry, but have been looking at this for myself too, hopefully someone will have tried it!
emann
73 posts
I saw this the other day at pack n save and was curious as to how it will work. I know with ombre and balage there is a special technique to make it look natural and it's not very simple to do on your own.  I would love to know when someone has done it and what the outcome is. 
emann
73 posts
Seza95 I think you would really suit the ombre look with the current colour and cut you have. Have you seen emma stone latest cut and colour? I think it would look  something like that. I love her new look.
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Keep watching ladies ;-)

That's all we'll say for now!

xox BR
Kellie
570 posts
Ooooh - I really wanted to buy a kit when Countdown had them on sale but the only shades instore were for blonde lasses.  I'm so bored of my hair I'm desperate to do something a bit 'crazy' - and I figured that if I bunged this up I could just dye over it again or cut my hair off ;)
1139 posts
This would be so cool! Sadly I am too scared to dye my own hair - knowing my luck I would fry it and it would completely snap off. This basically means that my hairdresser is the only one who's allowed to dye my hair! These kits look great though and I would totally give one a go if I wasn't so scared... 

And of course BR has something planned - don't they always? ;) 
emzor
143 posts
Yep I would love to see the outcome too emann, I had my hair ombré'd last month, it took 4.5 hours and cost me $200!  It was a very specific technique and had to be done a specific way so that it  is a natural fade down instead of a line where the two different colours meet.  Even though it cost a lot and took forever, I absolutely love it! 

I suppose the best part of using a supermarket one is if it doesn't work out, you can just dye over top. 

One more thing, to anyone considering ombré hair, it looks best when it is curled.  It looks ok when straightened, but it's the kind of colouring that needs texture so curling it really brings out the ombré.  So if you are not one to spend time curling your hair often, it's probably not the colour for you.  :)
colleencanary
764 posts
Ooh Elena dont talk to soon.. BR always have something planned for the members :) I can just imagine them sending you a superhero mystery ombre kit for home dying... Eeeek! :) Better not tell BR our fears lol
michelleburne
229 posts
I dunno about doing the ombre at home on longer hair, I really think there would be a fair bit of skill in getting it right, wouldn't want an epic fail. They do look awesome though, I like the multi coloured ones and the hair spiraled.
Seza95
175 posts
Thanks so much ladies! I think I will try it out on my hair although its a bit darker now than in my profile pic. My hair is naturally wavy/curly so I think I should be fine. I watched one of their videos on how to use the kit and look like it would be easy enough and wouldn't look to bad on my shorter hair. Might wait another month though to get a bit more length.

Oooh BR that sounds very intriguing. I'm hoping it will be somehting I can get in on ;)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
You big tease BR lol xx
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
What a tease BR! I really want to try this! I saw it today at Countdown but it is 18 bux so that kinda put me off a lil. And also what if it turns out bad. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ooo Br teasing again!!! I would love to have ombre hair but as I keep it short I don't think it would work for me, but I do love the look of it on others =)
kstah21
127 posts
i got an Ombre a couple years ago - Raspberry and Peach to be exact lol.  I would LOVE to try The loreal kit, but i am a hair model for our local salon and am not allowed to colour my hair until after June as im getting another Ombre for a training session.  Freaking out that it wont be feathered or teased but hey......If it doesnt work, i can fix it with box dye right? lol.  would love to here some reviews on this kit though!!! ps BR teasing is pleasing hahaha xx
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Oooo FOLLOWING!!! I wouldnt mind doing this too! Ive had my hair "dip dyed" extreme colours and that is the only different thing Ive ever done to my hair. 
colleencanary
764 posts
I love the ombre look on girls when its done properly but I wouldnt have this done anytime soon. I wrecked my hair by being blonde for a few years (Salon colour mind you) and my hair is just about recovering and getting life back in it. Quite interested to see what BR have in store but I'd have to say no :)
karspaul
26 posts
This was released in other countries last year, NZ is a bit behind and I've been waiting ages for it to get here. But if you look on Youtube there are quite a few videos of people using it and showing you how they did it. The L'Oreal youtube channel even has a how to video.

I would link it, but my PC is unhappy with me today so I cant be much help with the exact videos.

Seza95
175 posts
I'm not too scared about doing it to myself, as i'll have no one else to blame and it will be cheap enough to re-dye if I do screw it up. However I'm going to wait until June/July when I go up to Auckland and do it at her house to have her help and make sure I get the back bits, due to not having very long hair. :)

Also now that BR has commented on hair I can stop thinking about what you might have in store fore us! :D xoxo
Seza95
175 posts
Hey Girls! So as you might have seen I won a comp on BR to trial the OMBRE KIT!!! I will post pictures on my Instagram account as I go through doing it and may even make a little video. I'll post again when I have received it in the mail and tried it out. Until then you can follow me on Instagram in preparation if you like ;)

Thnak BR!!!
xoxo
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I have used this kit on my friend and it actually works great but the only thing that changes this from another bleaching kit is the brush and it does the trick
Jesse
745 posts
Look forward to seeing your pics! I'd love to try this but I know with how damaged my hair is now it'd just snap if I lightened it :( maybe next year!
1139 posts
Jesse if it makes you feel any better I think your hair looks fantastic and not damaged in the slightest :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I use hair oil before dying my hair and afterwards to ensure not damaging my ends
BeautyGirl
162 posts
went and followed you Seza95 as i really want to see how your hair looks after you use the kit :) yay! congrats on winning! xx
Seza95
175 posts
accidentprone_x - Does this wrk well when you bleach it? With putting in the oil that I have, I would only be really worried that it would do something to the Bleach. I have the Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti frizz serum. Would there be a specific oil you suggest I use?

beautygirl- Haha thanks for that! Hopefully I will be getting it sometime next week!! :D

xoxo
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I was using the Organix Morrocon Oil and i found that it didn't react with the bleach but i did wait ten minutes before bleaching so it would be obsorbed in my hair properly and wouldn't heat up and spilt. If you are scared to put it in before just do it as a treatment afterwards as the bleach will be completely run out of your hair. Plus this will try to prevent breakage.
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Seza95 - I am so excited to see your results!!! 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I am also not a qualified hairdresser LOL. This method just works for me and also if you find when using this kit and your hair goes orange or yellow use the Fudge Violet Blonde shampoo (I think thats what its called) as its the best toning shampoo I have ever used for my blonde hair.
Jesse
745 posts
Aww thanks Elena! I currently have a lot of dark hair dye covering the horrid bleach ombré job I got at a hairdresser last year - she bleached my ponytail and heaps of my hair snapped off! I'd love to go lighter properly but gonna stick to regular cuts n treatments for awhile so that I have a better canvas when I do :)
MicheleC
419 posts
I guess grey on top and dark at the end doesn't count as Ombre!! LOL. I didn't realise that this kind of dye job was called Ombre. I would be inclined to have a girls evening/afternoon and get a friend to do the dyeing then do swap abouts. Lots of fun.
MicheleC
419 posts
Well after reading this thread and needing to touch up the roots on my hair I decided what the hell! Time to play - lets Ombre! Sounds like a dance! I tied my hair in a pony tail and have applied the dye all the way into the roots and only up to my 'tail'.  It has been a few weeks since the last dyeing so the ends are more faded and I am imagining that the ends will end up being lighter that the roots and the length of hair that I have dyed.   What has helped with the application is that I have a lid from a previous dye kit that has 'teeth' with holes in the end. These are great for applying dye hence the reason I kept it in the first place.  I am now waiting for the dye to 'take' and will take a pic and add it to my profile if I was successfull at getting a nice finish.  If not I will be applying another pack of dye to the ends of my hair!!
MicheleC
419 posts
Well I don't see any difference between the upper half of my hair and the lower half unfortunately. So while the lower half may have faded a bit it is not enough to be noticable.What I will say though is redoing the roots of my hair the way I described was really easy. I will be doing this again next time.
Seza95
175 posts

Hi again!

So as it is getting closer (I hope) to the time when I will officially get my trial invite for the L'oreal Wild Ombre kit, I wanted your opinion on what "type" I should get. Should I go for the first picture, more subtle? Or more full on ombre like miley?

kstah21
127 posts
I honestly think you would ROCK either os these looks!!!! but if you really had to choose, (and im thinking what i would pick) i would go Miley.  only because i have had the top one before.  but yeah, either of these and you  would still look stunning xoxo
mamaK
75 posts
I think you should go for the one like Mileys! You will look fabulous!! 
1139 posts
Both look great but I'd go for Miley's look. Plus how amazing does her skin look? That contour is killer!!!
Bayley
238 posts
Miley all the way! I also jsut followed you on instagram and await in anticipation for the big event! Can't wait to see the results, ombre is super pretty :)
Seza95
175 posts
Thanks girls! I think I will go for the Miley look a it was my favourite of the two just wasn't sure if I could pull it off haha. And Elena, I agree. Her contoruing is killer! Someday I'll be that good with my own makeup haha/ P.s Bayley has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Demi Lovato back in her Camp Rock days? Haha. You are stunning! xo
Hollie
320 posts
That Miley hair is gorgeous, I want it.
Rezee
1964 posts
I love the ombre look, I like both of those hair pics. I also thought Khloe Kardashian and Lauren Conrad had great ombre hairstyles too.
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Love the look on Miley!!
katypatatie
142 posts
I ombre'd my own hair with bleach, I found it really simple, and got a great result (it looked like Khloe Kardashians hair).
I have no idea what is in these kits, but I can't imagine a simpler way of doing it then the way I did.
Seza95
175 posts
Rezee I chose the pictures as they both have hair the smae length as mine is at the moment so I wanted to give a more realistic view. Haha I do like Khloe and Lauren's looks though. katychristina ?I think the main difference is probably the brush for applying the mixture and their special recipe for thei products lol.
Lutece
1849 posts
A while back i wanted to ombre and i saw on youtube some girls doing reviews about the Loreal wild ombre and it looks really good, it would suit you :-)
HayleyJay
8 posts
I really think my flatmate would really suit the red ombre kit for dark hair so I'm defnitely following this thread to find out more.Also I think the Miley style would suit you heaps!
cmanga
31 posts
Has anyone around Auckland found the one for dark brown hair? I can't find it anywhere! Is that specific colour even out in NZ yet? Haha 
cmanga
31 posts
Has anyone around Auckland found the one for dark brown hair? I can't find it anywhere! Is that specific colour even out in NZ yet? Haha 
dmnelson71
64 posts
I just used the Ombre hair kit and thought it was very easy to use.  They give you a conditioner in the box which should help with the dryness.  I have found it a little dying but using the given conditioner and my own I also use a leave in color protector that I got my hair is great.  I really like it
Seza95
175 posts
So gutted. Mine arrived in Chrirstchurch but I am in Auckland until Thursday! So looking forward to using it!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!