Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Anyone tried Olaplex?

40 posts, 24 members
NicoleNancy
5 posts
hi babes! Just wondering if any of you out there have experimented with Olaplex ? (Non damaging bleach). I'm getting my hair done Friday with Olaplex over my current colour of a purple by paint box and I'm dying to know what is going to happen. Anyone tried anything similar? X
MareeB
5244 posts
No, but I'll be interested to hear how you get on.
rmcleod91
16 posts
It's something I really want to try!! Let us know how you get on
kirstyj
1732 posts
My salon does it and I heard an add for it on the radio this morning. Really interested to hear how you get on!
NicoleNancy
5 posts
I'll have to post a picture once it's done :) x
Jesse
745 posts
You will! My salons been mentioning it on facebook but I haven't had my hair done yet, it sounds really good.
Julieal
915 posts
I would love to know how you get on -Always good to try something less harmful to your hair.
Julieal
915 posts
I would love to know how you get on -Always good to try something less harmful to your hair.
Kenns
85 posts
So keen to hear about this! I can't remember the last time something was such a big buzz in the hair world!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I've also heard about this recently. I don't really use bleach or dye my hair because its black, but i would love to hear how it goes!
First Lady
957 posts
BR Zoe recently went from bright red to very blonde in one sitting using Olaplex - her hair is ridiculously soft and looks fantastic!

I'll ask her to pop on and share her experience, but it sounds like it's definitely worth the extra $$$!

Love Nat
xox
Macs
5351 posts
I've been wanting a change too. I wonder if this would work on my dark hair.
BRZoe
2 posts
Hello Ladies,

I've been asked to share my Olaplex story with you lovelies- is it worth it- HELL YES.

At first I was so skeptical- lets face it it's making one hell of a promise no damage when bleaching your hair. Often things that sound too good to be true are right? Well my amazing hairdresser had a huge job on her  hands, My lovely hairdresser transformed my hair from a rich red to copper ombre to a blonde bombshell.

Did it take ages - YES. No lies here- Olaplex has a longer developing time whether its added to your foils or your bleach retouch. Its a less invasive way of colouring your hair- good things definitley come to those that wait.

Olaplex is going to change the hairdressing industry for good- rumour has it this is what KIM K was using on her hair when she rocked her draco malfoy look. Remember how everyone was in awe that she was in the salon after a week having her roots done. We all asked how is her hair not fried?One answer: Olaplex.

Olaplex can be used on virtually all hair types and can be offered as an everyday colouring service, can be used in perms, an in salon treatment and an aftercare product to take home after your service. All that happens is this solution is added to your bleach mixture - a few drops can prevent you from all the damage bleach causes.

We were amazed at the results- when washing off the bleach there was absolutely no hair loss what so ever left in the basin. We dried off the hair and there were no fluffies flying around- no hair loss what so ever. My hair felt smooth, beautiful and most importantly there was no dryness which I normally associate with having blonde hair.

Since I'm a good girl I also bought the at home olaplex treatment- ladies if you are going to pay extra for this service you need to be investing your time and pennies on the homecare as well. You just use the treatment once a week- dampen your hair and apply it from the roots to ends and leave for ten minutes. You then just rinse, shampoo and condition as normal .

Olaplex basically heals the hair from the inside out- so often you dont get that silky soft feeling like when you have a hair masque applied-olaplex solution is a PREVENTION product. It prevents hair damage,dryness and loss from the harshness of using bleach on our hair by strengthening the bonds of the hair,

What are the negatives with using Olaplex? Simply put there hasnt been any known negatives for the clients hair- it just keeps getting better and better. The only thing that can happen is if your hairdresser puts too much of the solution into your colour mix, this just means the colour will take FOREVER to process. However the chances of this happening would be slim Olaplex starter kits for salons cost an absolute bomb- your stylist will under go proper training and it will be drummed into them...LESS IS MORE LESS IS MORE. 

Totally worth it in my opinion- when using the Olaplex 'No.3' at home treatment you can follow this with a keratin treatment of masque- as this will target the outside of the hair and build even more strength and give you that extra silky soft feeling we want .

Love BR Zoe xoxo

Jesse
745 posts
Thanks for sharing Zoe! I tried Olaplex this weekend but didn't have the same experience but I think mine is actually down to my hairdresser and I've been considering making a complaint. I'd asked for a caramel balayage on my medium brown, previously balaged hair, paid extra for two shots of balayage and walked away with hair that is actually darker than before, only barely visible reddish looking bits and promises that it will lighten up. She didn't use heat to process which I was wondering about. I also didn't get offered the take-home option to purchase, might have to enquire about that too.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
This sounds fab! I had been wondering about this as I've been bleaching my hair for years so am definitely keen on anything that will be a little less harsh on my hair. I'm just scared of having Jesse's experience, where my desired results vs the actual results differ..I'm guessing you can't do it all at home yourself? Haha
BRZoe
2 posts
Olaplex is a professional service/treatment so you would need to go to a salon for the benefits of having your colouring/bleaching done with the product.

You can purchase an at home treatment to take home as well- but yeah I would recomend especially for foils and bleaching to get your bum in the chair and have it done.

Then follow it up by purchasing the at home Olplex Treatment x
NicoleNancy
5 posts
Ladies - the olaplex was absolutely AMAZING and will definitely change the hair-world forever. We can now be dark in the morning, and blonde by the afternoon!

I've been colouring my hair with firstly Crazy Colour in peacock blue (green undertone) and when that stopped getting stocked at my workplace in Australia, I changed to colouring with Paint Box in Blue Velvet (electric blue). I had my hair blue for almost two years and I LOVED my blue hair. My best friend got married in January this year and as blue wasn't in her 'colour pallette' I had to dye my hair purple. I first stripped my hair with a gentle stripper (I used DeColour Remover in extreme) I'm not sure if this can be purchased in NZ, as I got it when I lived in Aus. This took me to a light blue/green and then I chucked in a Nordic blonde extreme lightener. My hair went some awful colour as you can imagine but was now light enough to put in Blueberry Hill by Paint Box and this took me purple. Not my most favourite colour - on my yellow undertone skin I didn't look right and felt a bit young looking. Blueberry Hill got discontinued as it was fading to blue - which was okay with me! When I went to repurchase, I had to settle with Raspberry Beret by Paintbox which was a more pinky-purple and matched my extensions perfectly. I'm so bad with getting my hair cut - I focus more on colouring - so it was time for a cut and as I had heard about olaplex, I wanted to give it a go. This is my experience at the salon -:

arrived at the salon at 9am with bright purple hair. we cut it firstly into a bob to get rid of all my ratty ends and give me healthy hair and less hair to use less olaplex (as it is quite expensive). Firstly we applied olaplex to my ends to start stripping all the previous colours I've been throwing in willy-nilly. After the first application, my hair was now a powdery blue with green undertone - that was the Peacock Blue coming back to haunt me. Next application was to my roots and for the last 15min on my ends again. The pain of a bleach is definitely still present - I wanted to rip my head off. We washed it out and then it was time to be toned. I can't tell you the exact colours used in the toning as heaps were just mixed together. We did apply red to counteract the green in my hair. I left the salon at 1:30pm a beautiful powdery blue/lilac/silver colour. My hair has never felt healthier!!!!! To style, all I do is just blow dry in all directions then straighten or curl. I used to completely section my hair off and round brush... it used to take SO long that I would dread washing my hair!!! 

Check out my profile for a pic of how my hair turned out with olaplex from previously being vibrant pink-purple. 

Salon time - 4.5hrs
Total price including cut - $299 NZD

i highly recommend using this product! You'll never look back xoxo
kirstyj
1732 posts
Wow! Thanks for letting us know how you got on. I don't think that price is ridiculous either for what you got done. Very interesting!!!
leshritson
47 posts
I just had this done today by my hairdresser, it's amazing! Normally after I get my hair bleached a lot falls out after and this time almost none did!

Defo reccommend to any blondes!
Jesse
745 posts
So yesterday I had my mind changed on Olaplex. I wasn't happy with a balayage done using Olaplex which was toned way too dark last weekend, it looked barely there, so I ended up going back in yesterday and they added bits to lighten it up a bit. Normally two lots of lightening in a week and with all the colour in my hair it'd be dry and shedding all over, but instead even after the first Olaplex treatment my hairs soft and feels great, no breakage. I've also bought the at home step and will be adding Olaplex to each future colour session as it's well worth the investment for frequent colourers.
NicoleNancy
5 posts
I'm glad you had a better experience this time around, Jesse. It really is ground breaking stuff. 
First Lady
957 posts
Am Olaplex-ing right now, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Send me GHD vibes!

Xxx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Good luck Nat. Since the thread started I've heard so much good stuff. The inventor sounds really cool as well
Jesse
745 posts
Yay Nat! Beauty Wall pic :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Awesome! I hope you took before and after pics!!!!
mallomiss
569 posts
wow!! I've been reading up on this all afternoon & it does sound amazing! Sadly though my Hairdresser doesn't use it as it's too costly to set up at this stage & I don't want to go anywhere else.
I might just pop this one aside for a bit :( 
cristy22
33 posts
we have been using it at my workplace  i have found on some hair its amazing and others not so much  depending the result you want i think alot of people think its this amazing lightning agent   to make your hair lighter  but really its made to make hair stronger 
NicoleNancy
5 posts
I definitely found my hair to be soooooooo much stronger and it's given it back its natural form.... If that makes sense? 
Hello Gorgeous Ladies and Gentlemen!
I had brown dyed hair (previously blonde and copper/peachy tones going ombre). I have t reccommend Kattygurl Hair extensions as they did an olaplex only $30 into a colour or around $70 for a standalone. Well they managed to get my dyed brown stripey hair to a platinum blonde and in better condition than before! I was totaly stunned and they threw in a free treatment for me and left me feeling so amazing. I ahve been to other salons who did olaplex and my hair left feeling drier than before! But this salon did an amazing joba dn literally saved my hair. Olaplex is amazing! I would 100% say GO FOR IT! it heals the bonds in your hair! Any previous sun/wind/heat/colouring damage even split ends get repaired by this stuff!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Hope you have reviewed your salon on here Genevieve! :)
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hi Genevieveangell - welcome to Beauty Review! We love reading about people's experiences with salons. Yours sounds wonderful and you can review it here.  :) xo
Ringy
825 posts
I'm hairdressering tomorrow- so tempted by olaplex- I hope my salon uses it. 
Macs
5351 posts
Sounds so awesome Genevieve. I wouldn't mind a change in hair colour.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I might have to look into this, I'm not liking my dyed locks at the moment.
Kelly_A
38 posts
I have super fine dark hair ... when i asked my hairdresser to go much lighter she highly recommended i didnt .. as the bleach would damage my hair way to much ... thanks to this new invention i hope i can finally become a brunette :D ... but first things first ...i need to start saving up every penny. I have a feeling this will cost an arm and a leg
Ringy
825 posts
I asked yesterday and my hairdresser does use it but said that my hair was fine! Hardly any split ends and it's really not needed! Yay! Extra $$ for a pedicure!
Hi everyone,

A bit late to this thread, but i really want to try this.

I went to a salon i have always gone to, (not very often, maybe once a year), and they use this product. BUT the price seems to be quite rediculous to me. About $350 including a cut aswell.

Is there any other places that do this procedure for cheaper than that? I have wanted to go to a light brown for so long, and even tried bleaching my hair at home. Oh what a horrible mistake that was, considering i had very long hair, and had to cut it above my shoulders :(

Im getting desperate, but i also like cheaper prices as well!!!
Julieal
915 posts
I would like to find out more about this treatment although no way would I pay $350
I have and I definately rate it. 

My hair usually gets so damaged from lightening (I naturally have very dark hair) but when using Olaplex my hair feels like it hasn't even been bleached! 

Usually it gets quite tangled and I get breakage but not with this stuff.  It is one of the best products out at the moment and I wouldn't go lighter without it....downside, it is still quite expensive so I think it added about $40-50 onto my usual hair bill (and that was only doing highlights or slight ombre) and you need to do the treatment which makes your appointment longer also.  

I did ask my hairdresser why it is so expensive and she said it should get cheaper over time - fingers crossed!
tracie1975
1 posts
I have this and feel its a total waste of money no difference in my bleached hair sadly

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!