Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Tonight's Menu

484 posts, 17 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mr shaz is getting his last 2 wisdom teeth removed - poor bugger - so trying to meal plan softish dinners for him - any ideas? Or just ideas in general haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nachos for you, jelly for him? 

poor mr shaz tho, ouch
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Well I couldn't eat anything harder than smoothies or soup when I had my wisdom teeth out. Eeek. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Steak, eggs and chips for you lol and custard for him
shazatron101
5112 posts
I do like nachoes hahaha.  Hes getting them out 2 weeks apart so he has one side still available and then will be partially healed by the time the second one comes out.. i hope o_o

He needs work lunch too so thats yogurt and jelly bahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhhh does he like rice pudding? Mmmmm cause I do 
shazatron101
5112 posts
He doesnt, he doesnt like custard either hahaha so itll be fun.. not lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg whaaaaat!
MareeB
5244 posts
I had belgium sandwiches before the anaesthetic wore off then I didn't eat anything for a couple of days! I got 3 out together in Aussie, no problem, and one out here - big problem! Cool creamy custard sounds nice and comforting, or mac n cheese!
MareeB
5244 posts
Or fish pie - or anything in a soft cheesey sauce - mmmm
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out ... I looked like a chipmunk for two weeks from the swelling (had all 4 taken out at the same time). 

I lived on soup, mashed potato mixed with lots of milk to make it more like a purée, mashed pumpkin, smashed avocado, jelly, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, applesauce, and hummus.  It is a bit weird eating some of these on their own with no usual chips or toast, etc.

I couldn't tolerate the slimy texture of mashed banana, and could only eat instant oats after four days or so, once the stitched area started healing a bit. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah, hates oats, grudgingly eats mash, haaaates kumara ... his mum fed him all of this when he was a child to the point he'd throw up, cos he couldn't leave the table unless he'd finished his adult sized plate /eyeroll

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
My man is the same Shaz. His mum used to boil all veges and make him eat it so he will not touch them. He says kumera tastes like a rotten spud lol I'm like omg cause I love it! He's annoying.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaahahahaha wtf thats not even accurate hahahahahahaha rotten spud, classic. Mr shaz's nana used to boil creamed corn and make them eat that, lmao, gross

Their families have a lot of explaining to do, i think!
tabucutie
1811 posts
@soozies yes I ate them both lol.

My husband doesn't like vege, same childhood experience with the table rules.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We had steak, loaded wedges, corn nuggets and eggs. I also made mini quiches today which were yummy.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Man i havent had quiche in ages. Yum!!

We are having hickory bbq beef wraps (im already drooling i love them)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hickory bbq beef wraps! Mmmmm drool. I'm craving lemon meringue pie lol so might make one later :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooob youre a woman after my heart, send some my way please :D absolutely adore lemon meringue. Nobody else in this house does though >:( jerks
MareeB
5244 posts
Grilled cheese and sweetcorn sandwiches - yummmm
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Bacon carbonara (and a glass of wine). 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had to do a speech (on stage at the Marae at Te Papa, no less) so I ate nothing before, bombed a wine after, then had a cheese scone with more cheese in it, and honey mustard snack things just now lol. Conference life isn't the healthiest haha! 
MareeB
5244 posts
I was making soup at work and the blender I was blending it in broke and now I have big blister burns on my arm. They've been dressed now, but I'm totally off soup!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh that sounds awful maree! I hope they feel (and heal) better soon. Ouch!
MareeB
5244 posts
Thanks Shaz. I thought they'd hurt all night but they didn't - phew :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Very lucky indeed! I always burn myself in some way or another - or i end up cutting myself vs the food haha 

Tonight is curried sossig cos "its soft" he reckons.. sure jan lmao
AboutFace
413 posts
Gosh that's scary Maree, hope you heal quickly.

Hope your day has been better for you Shaz.
MareeB
5244 posts
Thank you AboutFace. Surprisingly or not surprisingly, my other arm hurts from the tetanus shot and the burns don't hurt at all. I hate vaccinations!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Malaysian peanut satay chicken with veggies and udon noodles.....mmmmm
shazatron101
5112 posts
I made a janky version of chelsea winters sweet n sour cauliflower... but i also used chicken as the man wont eat that 'nonsense' haha.

The batter made me feel sick but it was yum otherwise hahahaha
MareeB
5244 posts
I had Maccas. I'll never sleep tonight now .. it was nice though!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Both sound good! I just did a quick lasagna. Whipped up a bacon and egg pie and a batch of blueberry muffins this arvo. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Pita pit. Really haven't been cooking much since takeaways got back on the menu.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Burgers and chups :D the venison burgers from silver fern farms are pretty darn good!
MareeB
5244 posts
Gosh Lisa, all that and a baby!!! I just got home from a 17hr shift so had an avocado smoothie.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol Maree I've learned when she sleeps I quickly get stuff done :-) Plus mum is staying at the moment which is a great help.
Soup and homemade bread for us. Now I'm cravcraving something sweet. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Chicken and salad for us - I've been making large salads once a week then all I need is meat and a side and dinner is done. Or pop it in pita breads or wraps for lunch. Love summery meals again!
MareeB
5244 posts
Mmm I agree Kirsty, I love salads. I had an avocado and kiwifruit smoothie and some grapes - I love summer fruit as much as salads.
MareeB
5244 posts
I was starving at 3pm so it was Maccas to cover lunch and tea :) 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Doing a roast chook tonight with yams, kumera, parsnip, spuds and peas. Mmmmmm is it tea time yet!
MareeB
5244 posts
Mmmm a roast sounds fab Lisa! Not sure whats on for tonight. I'd like to say a berry and avo smoothie but that could go off the rails between now and teatime!
Emma23
2 posts
Just rice with vegetables and almonds - keeping it simple lol 
MareeB
5244 posts
Fish n chips from Night and Day and ate them driving back from Timaru. Not one of my better plans.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Eggs on toast tonight. Tomorrow I am going to slow cook a leg of lamb...
mmmm can't wait 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Lisa-Lou, we had eggs on toast, too.  :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
trudi scrumptious gifted me a hellofresh box and ommmggg. ive been skipping weeks since august (my first pick got cancelled when they all caught the c word) and it arrived today and YAAAAY. so tonight i made cherry glazed steak with fries and a delish salad, tummy is very happy and so is my heart :) 
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's awesome! 

I chose that as a meal but all my options were deselected and I got sent what was selected by default:( Good customer service though, I got a credit for a future box. 

Maccas tonight i think.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds so good. I've never tried a box before.  I just smashed back some chicken and cranberry pizza and kumera fries.....ate far too much. Not to mention the chocolate doughnut that was filled with custard that I had earlier lol big walk tomorrow 
trudijoy
8375 posts
heh thats meeeeee shaz.

I've been on more of a cooking vibe this term so far, and regularly making things like:

- roast vegie and haloumi couscous
- smoked chicken and mushroom risoni with pesto and lemon
- lemon, almond and bacon spaghetti
- wraps with either crunchy chicken and avocado, or hoisin chicken, chilli, spinach and carrot
- louisiana chicken english muffin burgers

I got UberEats last night for the second time since lockdown started.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Those meals sound delicious trudi!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!