Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Period panties, would you?

28 posts, 20 members
Lutece
1849 posts
Has anyone else seen this circuling the facebook world?

They are called THINX that are underwear with built in pads, they have the option of having light or heavy protection, I honestly dont see how they would stand against my monthly, not to mention the smell? I want to order some to try for the heck of it

I will post a link HERE

Jesse
745 posts
They seriously remind me of nappies. Like a cross between cloth and disposable nappies, in that they're washable but keep you dry and are designed to absorb leakage.. that you wear around.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
They don't do any different from a diaper although they are prettier but you won't catch me wearing one of those.
janini9
341 posts
Ooh I dunno - it would all depend on what they felt like on. Plus I wouldn't use them as the only protection - wouldn't it squelch? Reminds me of the old fashioned napkin panties in the olden days ;) they too were made with loads of lace. A big fat no from me!
Macs
5351 posts
Far thats cool. I just had a look. Mines very light. I could manage this
Ringy
825 posts
Ooh...how environmental. I'd be worried about leakage if I sat down and it squished through. When you have to change it you'd need to change your whole knickers and then pack them up and take it home again to wash. Maybe for at home use to have a rest from disposables. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
I don't think I would mentally feel comfortable in those, I like the security of knowing I have something that can handle flow. 
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I don't think I could do it. I cannot stand pads as it is. and Mine can be unpredictable with flow eg a day I think it should be light isn't and vice versa I would be too anxious the whole time wearing them
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think I would forget I was wearing them and wear a pad anyway, although if those black things she was wearing are the undies, then they're pretty styling. Half the time pads feel like a nappy anyway, and they sound like one too. This is the first period conversation I've ever seen hahaha even though we all have it, I spose it's a bit taboo? On the subject, the Kleenex flushable wipes are perfect for that time of the month and cleaning up any messes in that area. I buy them just for that reason now, they're awesome!
Marcel
335 posts
I like the idea, saves worrying about getting rid of tamps and pads which can sometimes be a problem.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I like that people are trying to come up with new solutions and particularly enviromental friendly ones. But I don't think any of them are quite right yet.
Lutece
1849 posts
Its great to see all these different opinions, I want to try these

Marcel maybe we should trial these haha
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I read through the info on that page and it sounds like they're only supposed to be used as a back-up (like a liner would) on medium to heavy days, so there would be no need to change them during the day, no smell or squelching (unless you had a bad leak) as you'd still have to use tampons or a menstrual cup while wearing this underwear.  I think you'd only be able to get away with wearing the underwear on their own if your flow is very light.  It's not a bad idea but I'm not so sure about them.  Surely their effectiveness / absorbency would decrease each time they were washed?
SandyGedge
394 posts
I had not heard of these.  I personally feel that they are expensive but I guess will save you money in the long run though.  Good idea  :)
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
The thought of these kinda creep me out ha. Would they stain? Would it go through if it 'got filled up' too much? I  think I'll stick with pads! The ones I'm using are very eco friendly anyway.
Macs
5351 posts
Which eco friendly ones are you using? I saw some on the Oh natural website that I wouldn't mind trying. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Macs I use these ones off of iherb as they are far more affordable and better for you Natracare  
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Macs I use TSUNO, they're made out of bamboo which absorbs more and is more breathable than cotton and everything single thing is biogradable (from the pad itself to the wrapping). Annnd they donate 50% of profits to a womens charity that are unable to get their own sanitary items :)
Mila
1209 posts
Who knew there was soo many options out there haha :) - I have only just found out about the cups...I think i've been living under a rock when it comes to womens hygiene stuff
Lutece
1849 posts
Wow i never knew there was so many options, thats great! The moon cup sounds sooo interesting too :)
MareeB
5244 posts
I would try them if I still needed them :)
Macs
5351 posts
Oh lucky Marie. What do u do with a moon cup lol I wouldnt have a clue
trudijoy
8375 posts
not for me.  The idea of these, and the mooncup, just isn't sitting right with me.  Maybe I'll change my mind one day, but.....no.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm with you on the moon cup Trudi! The thought actually makes me shudder. I watched Embarrassing Bodies and they did a segment with moon cup - and I noped right off of that channel haha
MillXhodia
136 posts
I think its a gross idea but the curious cat in me would try them on a light day. Who knows, might be amazing. Love how you can 'build your own cycle set' haha
No, definitely not on my radar. Let us know how you get on :-) x
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Hmmm my first thought would be no way. I use tampons... but there are days.. like when my period is close to ending, when tampons (even the smallest ones) hurt to use... I could potentially see the benefit of using them. I would love to get a hysterectomy so I never got my period again because I am DONE having babies.... my body jus doesn't understand that yet lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
shaz just the ADS for Embarrassing Bodies make me cringe and look away haha. Ew.

The whole mooncup thing just weirds me out. Just... no. More power to those who use them, not saying they're not a good product, just not for me

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!