Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Isolation beauty and pampering

56 posts, 14 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Will being mostly at home change what you do with your beauty and pampering routines?

i have worked from home for ages, and will still do my face for work, esp as I'm on camera most days - but hair is often put up into a ponytail while wet (dries curly if I do that !)

I ordered primer and foundation this morning and have a good stash to make my way through so kinda see this as a chance to try new things and play with samples etc too. 

pampering  will be important i think. Masks, treatment, lotions etc to make yourself feel good. I got a massage before I went into isolation ten days ago and will have to live off that relaxation for a while!  

tabucutie
1811 posts
I imagine my routine will stay the same. I started some new Skincare that I'm not sure gels well with my skin so will be reviewing that in a week or two. Usual 2 masks a week. Really into pedi care atm with a foot spa, scrub, pumice, cream and massage.

Experimenting with my palettes and trying different looks and combinations. Probably something I'll continue over the next 4 weeks.
MareeB
5254 posts
I anticipate working harder and longer than ever. It'll be good for passing the time, but my personal beauty regime may suffer. I'm planning to dye my lashes and brows on Thursday and IPL everywhere, but that's only if I don't get called in to work. Giving up my beauty for the cause lol
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I'm really into wearing no makeup at the moment as my skin is amazing! Thanks to the revitalift hyaluronic acid trial, thanks BR!
I will probably do a few masks as I have heaps to try out. My nails could do with some TLC also. It's getting cold here so might be time to get my winter clothes out and sort through them.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I forgot about doing the winter wardrobe! Good idea must do that too
Helibabi
101 posts
I’m not really using any makeup and probably won’t use a lot if I’m just staying home mooching about in my sweats/pajamas.
But I am using more skincare and will be doing more masks to try and take my mind off things. We will be saving money not having take out so I might even shout myself a few things in the grocery shop to try when that time comes. 
The next time I plan to wear makeup will be my sons birthday we will dress up and have an isolation party and then Easter. Just to have a play around with some of my eye palettes.. use them or loose them right!? 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm no wearing makeup even though I've been doing video calls. I might consider wearing it once school goes 'back' and I'm doing more video lessons. Will probably just stick to lip glass though lol. 

Im using this time as a chance to finally get through my skincare stash without being tempted to buy more. I'm actually really weary about buying anything online at the moment. As much as a little treat would be nice, I'm concerned about the conditions that the people in warehouses are working in right now. Their safety needs to come first. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Soozie: I thought about buying things online but thought they wouldn't get sent as the courier service is just for essential service delivery?

shazatron101
5112 posts
I had made 2 orders before the madness started, and one (my soaps!!!) Arrived yesterday, after a week of "sorted incorrectly" limbo. 

I have high hopes for my iron!!

I think if the warehouses are packing, they can be picked up, but i think it will just take longer as the item will be non essential. Maybe? Im not sure
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I was previously going to beauty school and wearing makeup six days a week. So my skin is having a little break now, although I still want to do my makeup a few times a week to make sure my makeup skills are good for when I have to go back to wearing it six days a week. 

Will probably do more masks in the evening since I have the time and let my nails grow out. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I think you're right, Shaz. Mecca have said they're still delivering but are shipping from Australia. I just had to buy my immune booster tablets from iHerb as can't get them here at the moment. Will be interesting to see how long they will take to get here. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
With regards to online shopping, couriers are only collecting parcels from pre-registered, approved essential services businesses.  I have an online store (non-essentials) and my last parcel was able to be sent on 25th March.  

All essential items stores had to register with their respective courier services before Level 4 lockdown came into place, to ensure that parcels would continue to be collected and delivered.  If you registered and were not an essentials store, your application would be denied/collections terminated during the lockdown period. 

If you do order anything online from a non-essentials store during lockdown, your sale is processed normally, payment is taken, and your goods will be packed and set aside, but shipping will only take place once the Level 4 lockdown is lifted.  This applies to The Warehouse, Farmers, and all other non-essentials businesses, too. 

I hope this clarifies things for those thinking about online shopping for non-essentials. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks for the insight Silvene. I wonder how this affects overseas deliveries? I certainly wouldn't classify Mecca as an essential business. Hopefully my iHerb delivery gets through as those immune boosters are actually essential in my case. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got a courier parcel from a friend and a Mecca order yesterday, both sent pre-lockdown. I've spoken with a couple of ppl and the consensus seems to be that couriers are clearing a backlog of last minute orders and then it's the essential businesses and those that support them for the foreseeable future. 

With Mecca I think orders are now being packed in Australia so unsure if they'd get to people, and Australia is 10x as covid-y as us so I wouldn't be keen. 

My last minute order was foundation and primer; I'm on camera daily and it's important I look relaxed and pulled together to help put the clients at ease (I'm in online education and training teachers up for remote learning on the daily).  Once this all runs out I'll go to a supermarket option like maybelline or covergirl if I can't get what I want. 

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I havent worn any makeup since Wednesday, so fresh faced and giving my skin some breathing space. I don't usually wear much makeup anyway but it's still nice to not have to worry about putting it on. 

I've done one face mask so far and hoping to pamper myself some more as I have a few to use up. 

Also planning on using up some of my products and hopefully (if I get chance in between work and the kids), catch up on some reviews.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I looked in a magnifying mirror for the first time in over three weeks today lol. Thought I'd better get my eyebrows under control since I can't get them done at the moment. If I leave them too long I'll know I'll end up overdoing it, 90s style.

My skincare regime is the same as always. I haven't worn makeup for nearly a month but I'm thinking I'll put a little bit on for WFH tomorrow. Just to feel more 'in the zone'. 
MareeB
5254 posts
It's well time 80s style eye brows, hair, make up and clothes came back sooz. I'm right behind you :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I'll take the 80s music but the fashion and beauty can stay there where it belongs! I think it already did make a bit of a come back a few years ago if school mufti days are anything to go by.
Macs
5351 posts
I'm crazy about 90s music and afro beats  right now . I've been loving my weekly mask . I do pedicures on my children and partner on a weekly basis . Making sure their up to date. 

I cut my partners hair as well . Lucky for me it's number two all over . 

One thing I miss is a bath . Hopefully when I buy my first home this year that will be in my home . 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, 90s music has been keeping me sane too! Lots of DJs doing live sets each day so I've been having a dance party most days lol. Online school started today though. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Oh a bath would be amazing! Such a good way to pamper and relax.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I've done a few aztec clay masks lately.  I love that stuff! Have so many sheet masks in my stash so a bath and mask tonight sounds amazing!
Going to give my ends a trim today, my partner said he would do it so I might let him lol. Took all my toe nail polish off to give my nails a break. They look a bit raggedy so I will give myself a pedi too. 
MareeB
5254 posts
That sounds lovely Lisa! I'm tired today so I'm just chilling out and watching season 2 of Liar. It's really good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I made samosas and bread rolls. Thats pampering, right? Hahahahahaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Busy day online teaching so I'm have a dance and a cider lol. 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Mmmmm love samosas! Never tried to make them myself. Cider sounds good Soozie. I just lit the fire and opened one myself. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
SAMOSAS ARE LIFE 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I've been experimenting a bit in the kitchen.  Today is bacon, cheese and tomato pull apart pinwell bread. It smells good so far!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yum! I have cooked a lot during lockdown, I find it really cathartic. But my freezers currently completely full so I'm making my way through all that lol 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
It turned out so good! Now to stop eating it! Always great to have a full freezer :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
My freezer is full of samosas now hahaha and we had honey mustard cheeeekenn for dinner and oh lawdy its so good. Would kill for a mcflurry though hahaha 
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Honey mustard chicken sounds yummy! Venison leg steaks, corn fritters and baked potatoes for us :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Honey mustard chicken sounds goooood. 

I had leftover tandoori paneer, yum.   

contemplating breakfast pancakes tomorrow 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wish he liked venison but noOoOooO so rude

Breakfast pancakes? ... that might be my menu too hahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Oh boo Shaz! I'm lucky as my man goes hunting :-) Mmmmm pancakes sound amazing......It's cold so I don't want to get out of bed lol. I need coffee badly.....
trudijoy
8375 posts
I did a stack with lemon, raw sugar and canned cream (no point me having fresh, it goes off fast) and they were soooo good. Giving myself digestion time then it's on with new activewear (got me a stash in the cotton on sale) and off for a walk 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh! Yum! Completely forgot to make them haha i had toast and a very sugary tea, someone has decided 4 am is the new 7,  little turd

Ohhhhh fresh even, yum!!!! Maybe i need to have more meals with my step dad, he loves it hahaha my mum and partner can have something gross like white bait hahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh nooo bubba that's too early. 

Highly recommend the pancakes! 

ended up doing a 90 min walk (about 10,300 steps) and now I'm marinating chicken, reading and waiting for the new world delivery 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Youre telling me D: 

Sweet n sour pork for dinner here, i should be marinating that but im watching freaky friday instead, cos lindsay lohan was good before she went coocoo for coco puffs hahahaha 
MareeB
5254 posts
Mmmm all the food sounds good. I'm not motivated to do much so live on fruit and smoothies. It's getting harder to go to work every day at the moment as well. I hope things start to change soon ...
Macs
5351 posts
Oh Maree I agree it's getting harder to work . My shifts are longer with new staff reduction rules set by the government. I've asked for tommorow off to recoup and reset .After having numerous standoffs with customers refusing to use the one shopper per family rule . Trying my best not to give up . Feeling stressed out.
MareeB
5254 posts
Oh no Macs! I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. Hang in there girl, things will get better - it must be so tiring, you deserve much better in your working life. We all need to send lots of love and gratitude to our essential workers xx
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Macs I can only imagine having to deal with so many tossers! I think I would probably lose it at them then get fired lol good thing I don't work their :-) Hang in there it will hopefully get better soon. 
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you Lisa and Maree. I've had a good day off today to reset my thinking . Funnily I got a call from my doctor with support with covid 19 related issues . I'm gonna take the offer of help with ongoing calls for support .
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
4 weeks into isolation and I haven't really changed my makeup routine as I tend to only wear makeup in the weekends but I have really concentrated on skin care. I've done a tonne of research into what can be paired with what and what is best on dry mature skin. I've learnt so much and I'm really changing up my game. It's also how I came across this site which I'm really enjoying
MareeB
5254 posts
Oh that's so good Macs. I'm pleased you feel a bit better and have support xx
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I've just started using the Kotia hand and nail cream I got in the vault. I was so looking forward to using this as it is more on the pricey side of what I would usually spend.  Well it really smells quite gross! It reminds me of off milk or something.  Is anyone else using this?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Sounds like it's gone off Lisalou. 
MareeB
5254 posts
Oh no one answered my about using a cuticle sealer. Has anyone tried it? my frizzy hair is making me want to shave my head.
MissDilly
229 posts
@MareeB I've used the Joico K-pak range and it was really good at taming my frizzy curls particularly when my hair was longer and I was colouring it a lot. I think their Reconstructor in that range might be the cuticle sealer/filler. The whole range is very good.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!