Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Getting to know each other!

32 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
With so many returning/new ladies in the forum, I thought this might be a nice time to get to know each other! :) 

I'm Trudi, 38, I work in Education Technology as an Expert Teacher Consultant for a large company.  My specialty area is foreign languages (I'm actually national manager for this area), but I also work with English, Maths, Science, ESOL, Social Science, DigiTech and Health/PE teachers.  I live in Auckland, and have been on BR about 6 years. I love travel, and go overseas every chance I get, plus get to see a fair bit of NZ and a bit of Aus with work.  I'm also into cooking, shopping (love me a bargain), writing (reviews but I also have started writing on LinkedIn recently for work) and of course, beauty.  

Oh, and the white hair is real.  It's my natural colour, believe it or not.  The dark is growing out dye, which i'm now SUPER allergic to.  No more dye for me - but I like to spray the roots with colours at times.  They're purple right now!

Tell me about you! <3  And ask about me/each other if you like as well :) 
Helibabi
101 posts
Hello. 
I use to work for NIWA as a lab manager and loved my job but I left when I had my first baby. 
So now I’m a mum which I also love - we have an almost 5yo an almost 3yo and have recently welcomed a newbie who’s almost 6 weeks old. 

I love skincare and looking after my skin - always have sunscreen on - daily thing since I was maybe 13.. it’s also maybe an ocd thing as I have a certain routine and I am bugged if I don’t follow it eek. Love makeup wear it every day but amount varies depending what I have on. 

A friend got me onto this site about 2 years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since :) 

MissDilly
229 posts
I'm Heather! I'm a mum to an 8 year old and a 4 year old. I'm wifey to MrDilly.   I'm an IT consultant. I went back to fulltime work 4 weeks ago after 4 years working part time in IT . I'm all about skincare -makeup I keep simple,  and have never mastered my brows or eye makeup really. Mecca is my thing - a little Too Faced, NARS, Drunk Elephant, Mario Badeschu, and Sol De Janeiro ....Love BR - basically discovered this site when on maternity leave, and you've all had input into my skincare and makeup choices ever since xxx
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Great idea Trudi :) interesting to see where people are in their lives since we last did something like this and find out about some others.

I’m Krystal. A Wellingtonian till recently but now an Aucklander. Alongside my full time day job I’m also a beauty and travel blogger and in my spare time I’m working on developing my blog further.

I just recently hit the 5 year milestone on BR and love being apart of the community here. Since I’ve been on this site I’ve gone from decent make up to make up artistry.

Beauty. travel and my career are probably my three biggest passions. I’m also trying to put a bigger emphasis on health and wellbeing in my daily life.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm Lisa, 37 and I live in the Nelson/Tasman area. I'm currently not working as I am pregnant with my first child and my morning sickness is really bad. Really hoping it settles soon. 
I am really into skincare and I wear pretty basic makeup daily.
I have been on BR for 4 years and I love getting involved in the community.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Naw congrats lisa!! I got some pills for my morning sickness, maybe the drs can look into getting you some too? Its awful but it passes! I think mine started to slow at week 10, so fingers crossed (that feels like a lifetime ago!!!)

I am Shannon but I go by many names - Sharon, Daphne, Janet, pumpkin head, take your pick I'll probably answer.
I live in Taranaki, i am a mum to a human and cats, a fish and a frog (and sometimes my partner /eyeroll) 
Im not overly beauty orientated but i never have been, a slap of mascara and lipstick is enough for me. 
Right now I'd rather be out in the garden than shut up inside but until the little gorilla grows more independent, or sleeps, im out of luck lol.

I met one of my bestest ever friends in real life doing one of these get to know me things on BR, and it was the scariest but one of the best things ive ever done. Not all internet strangers are weird!! Hahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Shaz! Pretty excited  :-) I am on medication for it. Just keeping my eye on the prize and I know it will be all worth it xx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Congratulations Lisa-Lou! I'm a secondary school teacher so I need to stay pretty anonymous online lol. I'm loving this thread and getting to know everyone though. It's my 5 year anniversary on BR next month. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Congrats, Lisa-Lou! Fingers crossed your morning sickness passes soon. 

I’ve been a BR member since 2014. I live on the Hibiscus Coast, and have a one-eyed ginger FurKid (cat) called Pringles.  In my spare time I love to read. There’s no one particular genre that I stick to, I read all sorts and I take part in the Goodreads reading challenge most years.  I’d love to connect with anyone else on Goodreads (I’m always looking for book recommendations).  

Mentioning what I do on the forum may or may not be classed as self-promotion (and self-promotion is not allowed on BR), and I don’t wish to step on any more toes.  So, for those who want to know more about me, all relevant info can be found in my BR profile. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Hi everyone, I've been a member since Halloween 2013. I'm located on the outskirts of Christchurch. Gonna go to beauty school next year and I've super excited about that. Currently between jobs atm, although hoping I can get something part time before I start studying next year. I love a beauty bargain so I have dreamcarts on different sites that I check on almost daily to see if there a deal that would make it I good time to check out with a few of the items in said cart. 

Apart from beauty I like reading, watching Youtube videos and working out. I always want to start a TV series but afraid I'll binge and never get anything done. Currently working towards getting my restricted licence as well. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
So good learning about people! Shaz that story is super cute. I have a couple of great forum-started friendships too.

Please do share what you're comfortable sharing and don't feel obligated to share a detail you aren't - that's the exact reason I framed this without a series of questions :) 

You are 100% allowed to share what you do if you're comfortable doing so on a public forum. Under forum rules it's only self promo if you're sharing links to your business, to a competition you need likes to win, to your blog etc (moderators, correct me if I'm wrong, just don't want people scared to share :) )
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also masssssive congrats Lisa! So exciting!! 

Krystal, I'm always up for a coffee or wine in AKL if you're keen 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Here's the forum guidelines on self promotion from the article Nat published on 28th October:

Self Promotion - you can link to your blog in the forum footer and via your BR profile.  Please don't link to blog posts unless they are very, very, very, very relevant to the question posed.  Do not link out to giveaways you're hosting, or use the forum for soliciting market research.  Please do not post asking for votes, Facebook page likes or help with monetary issues.  If you are representing a charity please drop us a line first and we'll get back to you quickly as to whether it is suitable for the forum.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ah cool thanks soozie. That was what I thought Nat had said but wasn't sure where to find it
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The article is on the home page if anyone isn't sure of the forum guidelines or needs to refamiliarise themselves. I would post a link but iPads don't play nicely when it comes to putting links in forum posts. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Duh trudz, I should have looked there. Thank you 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Trudi, definitely keen sometime and Lisa congrats.
MissDilly
229 posts
Congrats Lisa - what a special time for you. I had terrible morning sickness the whole pregnancy with my first kiddo - I feel for you! Take care of yourself xx
tabucutie
1811 posts
Congrats Lisa!

@Silvene, that's cool I read too and have participated in the reading challenge the last couple of years although I don't think i'm gonna make my target this year. I sent a friend request if you are interested in becoming friends there :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@tabucutie, thank you!  I’ve accepted your Goodreads friend request.  Please feel free to browse through my bookshelves, etc (yes, I read a lot! haha),  or compare books we’ve read or have in common.  I see there are a few we’ve either both read, or one of us has read and the other has flagged it as want-to-read.  It’s nice to see something in common with another BR member.  :) 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I am on Goodreads too Silvene. I have sent you a friend request. 
Congratulations on your baby LisaLou. I am glad your brother is doing a lot better now too. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Silvene: I saw that this morning :) I'll have a look through in the next couple days.
siouxsannah
261 posts
Hello, I am Susannah. I grew up in Christchurch, but I have been living in Wellington for the past 15 years. I work as a librarian in the acquisitions department where I choose new items for the library's collections. I think I have been on BR for the past 3 years. I first got into BR when I was invited to join it by a friend of mine. I have always liked makeup, and I enjoy wearing it. I grew up with 2 older sisters who like it too, and my mother always puts on lipstick before leaving the house!
AboutFace
413 posts
Congratulations Lisa, I was 37 when I had my first baby too.
AboutFace
413 posts
Hi Ladies, I'm a mother of two girls and am 25 again lol. I'm a cake decorator and work in retail. We love our pets, taking our doggy girl for a walk. 

I love make-up and have done since I was a little girl. The colours of lipsticks and nail polish catch my eye. Mascara I just love. 

I like to read and my girls call me a nerd hehe. I enjoy swimming, water sports, walking amongst nature and shopping. I joined BR about 2.5 years ago when I was looking for reviews on a product and came across this site :-)

MareeB
5244 posts
Congratulations on your baby Lisa. I hope your brother is continuing to improve.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Great thread Trudi x

I'm a Mum to 3 munchkins (hence my BR name lol). Two boys aged nearly 16 and 13, and one girl aged 11. I live in Whangarei with my munchkins and fiance.

I'm privileged to have been part of BR since 2013 and have loved to see how they have grown over the years. I've also made some amazing friends who I have become close friends with (thank you so much BR for bringing us together).

I work as a contract Co-ordinator for a surfacing company and have been there since January, before that I worked for a logging company.

My favourite colour is purple and I'm a massive kid that still loves unicorns lol.

My favorite products at the moment are Eco Tan and Sand & Sky.

Think I've bored you all now ha ha ha :-)

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Good to see you back on the forum mumof3 - not boring at all!
trudijoy
8375 posts
do your 13 and 16 year old boys know you refer to them as munchkins still? ;) 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Awwww thanks Soozie xx

Ha ha ha good question Trudi. I don't call them munchkins while they can hear me otherwise I just get eye rolls lol. To me though they'll always be my munchkins so they just need to suck it up lol xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol! Yeah you're still momma and they're still your babies 
Jcw29
20 posts
Hi Everyone, 

So I've been on beauty review for over 5 years now and have never really contributed to this forum much.
So I want to finally say a very belated hello to everyone! 

I joined beauty review because I absolutely love makeup/beauty. 

Hoping to post on here more often from now onwards and finally get to know you all better! :) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!