Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Disappointing Products You're Currently Trying

37 posts, 13 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
It's early days but i'm using a couple new products that are not as good as expected.  One is the NYX white liquid liner, the other is the Covergirl Uncensored mascara. Going to keep trying them both but it's not looking good. What products are you trying that aren't meeting your expectations? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
most of the trilogy moisturizers that came in the wee baggy, they dont do anything for my skin and i dont like that! i mix them with oil to make them sit on my skin nicer. i also really didnt like the last covergirl mascara i got from the vault, not the recent vault but the one before that...? but yeah, didnt like it haha
tabucutie
1811 posts
Oh that is disappointing.  The trilogy moisturisers worked quite well on my skin and generally my skin was in better condition than normal. I just wouldn't pay that much for the full size product. I liked the other vault Mascara so much more than this one. The comparison pic on the packaging makes it look amazing but the results I'm getting are so average.
shazatron101
5112 posts
does the ird count? HAhahahahaha >:(

But yeah those moisturizers sat and felt waxy for me. The only one i know that works is the overnight mask and ive had the full size of that since the br beauty box /hearteyes
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Nothing I'm currently using, but have often found products haven't lasted as long as I expected or lacking in pigment.
Helibabi
101 posts
I tried the Monday Haircare as my usual was out over lockdown - cute bottles but absolutely terrible to use and the smell wasn’t the best either.. floral with a hint of fish I would describe it as. 
Might work for some but my scalp was so itchy argh 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The L'Oreal Bambi Eye False Lash mascara and Garnier Nude Effect BB Cream.

I seriously dislike the fat wand and on the Bambi mascara, and the actual mascara is very average (doesn't give much volume or length). 

I've decided that I have to accept that my oily skin does not like Garnier BB Creams - any of them (I've tried almost all of them).  For some reason, I thought the Nude Effect one might be different ... maybe because I loved using Almay Smart Shade in the past, but the Garnier one is nothing like it.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Is that the CoverGirl exhibitionist uncencorsed mascara you don't like? I got it in the vault but not opening it just yet

I haven't got anything truly disappointing but I tried the Oasis night cream which wasn't as exciting as hoped. Awesome ingredients but not hydrating enough for me at night time (use it during day instead) but that smell is so gross! In saying that I hate  fragrance in skincare so is a plus on that front.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol @ helibabi! Floral with a hint of fish bhahahaha.  I've heard good things and bad things about it. Not sure I will try it.
AboutFace
413 posts
That's a funny kind of scent lol, I haven't heard good things either as in burning bleached hair.
Kimrose
1419 posts
I have enjoyed using Trilogy products, the only thing I wasnt happy with was the brightening cream. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Hmmm not keen on smelling like fish ... But each to their own :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Not loving the herbal essence coconut shampoo, says it's for colour treated hair and holy moly I get so much colour wash out :-(
tabucutie
1811 posts
Helibabi- I was these when in new world recently. If it was CF was going to give them a go, but your hint of fish description not so sure now...lol

@Jackie: yes it is. Have been using the last couple of days and find it so lacking. Will trial for a further week before placing review. Though I doubt my feelings about it will change. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I have a new one to add. The paw paw ointment I not long opened, the top of the tube has snapped off inside the lid. So now I'll need to find a jar to put all the product in. Just having a little grr moment as the tube sits there mocking me.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Ooh how irritating @itsclearascrystal. That's how I feel about products that aren't working out. Like their presence mocks me lol.

Couldn't stand the NYX liner so have reviewed and stopped using it. Same with the Skinnies BB Cream. Still not sold on the mascara, though I don't think my perspective is likely to change sadly.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Covergirl Melting Pout. Received earlier this week, it's a nice product except it's soo hard to dispense from the tube. Review will be up shortly. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mane and tail. The shampoo made my hair feel so heavy and the conditioner made my hair feel like straw! Super glad i never bought the full size
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooh i agree with the garnier aloe, its bum! If any of you want to try it ill gladly send some your way hahahaha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I will only use the papaya one bc I smelled the others and noooooope. But I love the papaya one 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha trudi im the same but the banana one lmfao
tabucutie
1811 posts
I don't remember having a positive experience with the Thursday Plantation deodorant either.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Tabucutie I remembered I had that white eyeliner as well but hadn't tried it. Was ok as a white liner but didn't work well as a base like I'd hoped.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Also every natural deodorant ever that I've tried has been disappointing.

My fave by far is the Sukin spray natural deodorant. Still need to reapply more frequently but the tangerine, mandarin, lavender and vanillin combo smells amazing so I tolerate the more frequent applications.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I decluttered the nyx liner awhile ago. 

Agree about natural deodorant, its disappointing.
siouxsannah
261 posts
I like a dewey makeup look, as opposed to matte, so I bought the essence Crystal Dreams luminizing fixing spray. But so far it has been really gloopy, with big fat drops of spray, and it doesn't seem to fix my makeup in place at all. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Not a beauty product but so disappointed in Glassons 3/4 leggings! The worst leggings I've ever bought.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I used to love them for under skirts Lisa but they're not as good as they were, and they def can't be worn as pants or for sports 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh that is disappointing Lisa. Glasson leggings used to be great years ago. I usually get mine from Kmart now. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thats so sad. I get mine at the red shed haha they're nice but theyve already got holes that little fingers make bigger. I dont remember the last time i shopped at glassons tbh.. maybe 4 years ago in rotorua hahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have not shopped at Glassons for about 20 years lol. I saw a gorgeous hat so had to buy it then saw the leggings. I usually get mine from kmart or the warehouse too, cheap and comfy. But these are tight on the thighs but then loose under the knee and they ride up! Ugh horrible lol. Glad I only got 2 pairs, I will donate to the local op shop.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahaha whaaaaat they sound like poorly designed bike shorts lmao horrible! But donating them is a fabulous idea :D
tabucutie
1811 posts
Voeu body lotion with cocoa and shea butter. Don't like the smell and takes a bit to soak in. Look forward to finishing this up.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Max Factor False Lash Epic Mascara - it is sooooooooo damn awful!!!!  Have just requested it be added so I can complain publically about how hideous it is :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bahaahahahahaha sandie thats epic :D
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hilarious Sandie!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Boost. More a natural look with minimal lift/volume. Does separate lashes, clump free and super fast drying, not buildable. Best suited for a make up free/minimal look. Was expecting a bit more than what I got.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!