Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Christmas 2015 - makeup advent calendars

228 posts, 41 members
never had one but really want to get one this year, after all this mama deserves a treat to
MrsLissy
301 posts
I want the Charlotte Tilbury and Selfridges ones. If only I was made of money. Maybe BR could do a BOTB with Beauty Advent Calendars :D :D I put my hand up to being on the trial team since I thought of it.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm off to get the benefit one on Friday eek!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
chikoboo fingers and toes x'd that I nab one of those on Saturday!
shazatron101
5112 posts
How much are they? I forgot already bwahahahahaha. I think maybe I'll just stick to my usual christmas advent calendars ;-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
don't remember or care Shaz lol chances are it'll be the only think I buy apart from replacing essentials in October.  Sept was a bit on the spendy side hehe
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha ahhh bit of both ;-) I wouldn't mind getting it of course but I probably won't end up getting it cos it costs people dollars I don't have hahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol they should just let you hire purchase it ;)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahah I can pay in food! I'll pay anyone in food if they're willing to buy it for me bwahahahah :-P
trudijoy
8375 posts
and here's me on a diet, shaz
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bahahahah moderation!! ;-) looking at the prices of their regular stuff I probably won't get it. Ah well. More moneys for me :-P
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I reaaaally need to not look at Christmas stuff... my girls are costing me so so so much money these next couple of months, although I'm doing a bunch of commission knitting at the moment, so maybe I might be able to justify a gift for myself lol - I love the look of the Benefit one... 
bronjenks
253 posts
I dont think I could stand a beauty advent calender, I had enough trouble waiting an hour to open my beauty box, lol.  I'd wanna just rip into it. Sounds like such a decadent idea though :-)

Macs
5351 posts
I was nosey and clicked on that link and had a look at those too faced products. Oh their so pretty. I wouldn't mind a benefit or body shop calendar. Might be way out of my budget though.
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol Bron I might be the same. The benefit one is too early to be an advent calendar and I'm getting a different advent calendar which I *will* make last haha
chikoboo
3402 posts
Shaza the assistant said between $40 - $50. Good luck to you Trudi this will be the last thing I buy for a while well except for some jamberry nail sheets
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh really? That's no so bad. Will it be online? (if so where) Thank you friendly sponge of knowledge x :-P
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm going to try very hard to restrain myself with the benefit advent calendar but I'm also *fingers crossed* getting the Selfridge one and the hubby has told me he is hiding it so I can stick to its advent but as I get older the surprise and suspense is more exciting than the products themselves so I think I'll be good.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Online probably not as last year the only place online was the US site but they refused to ship the calendar to NZ. You might be able to get it online from smith and caughey or by mail from contacting your nearest counter which I think is only in Auckland and Christchurch.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hmmm. I'll keep my eyes peeled (as in, I'll wait for someone to post about it here hahaha). I wonder if the Lush one will come to NZ... Did it last year? All the questions!!
chikoboo
3402 posts
The lush one nope the body shop yep.
trudijoy
8375 posts
speaking of NZ and advent calendars there is a NZ products one in the works and from what I've heard so far it's sounding freaking epic. I'm definitely getting my hands on one of those because it's kiwi and companies I already love! Might be a very beauty-oriented xmas haha. Maybe I can hang products on my tree :p
chikoboo
3402 posts
A NZ one sounds awesome and The Body Shop normally do lip glosses or handcrafted sets done up as tree ornaments
trudijoy
8375 posts
oooh pretty. I'm going to the event tomorrow but they'll do a xmas one too so will have to remember that
trudijoy
8375 posts
and yeah I can't believe we didn't have a xmas advent calendar for NZ until this year! It's a mark of how far kiwi beauty has come, I think, that we're excited by the prospect :)
I can't wait for these to come to NZ! I'll have to save up very diligently from now on.
Ringy
825 posts
A New Zealand one would be great, I'd definitely by one. I'd like a Benefit one but I don't think it will be readily available to me to do so- no Benefit counter here. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
The Benefit ones might come online, not sure. The NZ ones going to be great :)
Artemis
311 posts
I wonder if any indie makeup brands will do one - AFK did one for 'Christmas in July' and I've heard they will do another later this year (http://www.afkcosmetics.com/).
Ringy
825 posts
are the benefit ones available in Australia yet? Since I really don't like the idea of sending my husband into Sephora to get something because I don't know what I want myself- I'd probably just want to look around Sephora. I can get him to get me the advent calendar for me? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup. Send him to Benefit at Myer. The girls there are awesome.
shazatron101
5112 posts
New Zealand advent calendars? Like.. By who? When? What's in them!? Don't feed me crumbs I need the whole cookie!! :P you women are all dangerous, making me want things I don't need! ;-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shaz I don't know all the details but companies like Evolu and Ethique i think... good quality kiwi stuff... its beauty and pampering so like... chocolate and stuff too. It's going to be like $100 I think but proper packed with goodies.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Morning sweetpeas,

I've just had to pull down a post regarding a member's new business. Just a reminder that there are rules around advertising businesses on Beauty Review and we ask that they're followed. 

xo HP

PS - does anyone else wish there were coffee-making fairies? Like the shoe elves, but on tap?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh that was me. Sorry it was more that people had expressed an interest than advertising... I figured if we could post about other companies then mentioning this was fine.

Apparently not. Sorry x

And i have already been up 3 hours on 2 hours sleep lol...coffee fairy sounds great
First Lady
957 posts
'ello,

When companies are considered 'direct competiiton' to BR (so offering the same/similar services/products in the same market, generally limited to NZ) we will remove all references...as we think other companies would too!

Disclaimer.  Take from this what you will....is it a spoiler? Could be...
xox
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
You should have seen my face when I read that comment! I am taking that as a spoiler and its making me very excited..
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Hahaha, no way! That's awesome. How very unexpected!
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Oooh that sounds intriguing! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Wowza that has perked up my crappy Monday morning!!!! Wind is not my friend :(
Rezee
1964 posts
Um yes! Wow! Where's that gossip fairy to confirm lol
Macs
5351 posts
Nats teasing us hahahaha
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oooo I will take that as a Spoiler!! that is mega cool and had hoped that BR would step up to the demand of a NZ beauty advent. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Hmm need to sprinkle some skittles around to lure the gossip fairy I think
shazatron101
5112 posts
Wind was the sweaty she-hulks friend today, mowing lawns in the sun is hoooot. I love wind today! haha. I'm liking the sound of an advent calendar too, I can contribute the lil chocolates from the other advent calendars - I may have destroyed my disney princess one to get the mold :-P (it works like a bloody treat too! Hello christmas chocolate all year round)
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I have never had an advent calendar of any sort so a cosmetic one would be epic!  I may have to jump on that wagon and buy one so I know what all the fuss is about
MrsLissy
301 posts
NATALIE!!!! I might just stop coming here and live blissfully unaware of upcoming things until they are announced big time.

Who am I kidding, I hate not knowing and looking for little clues all the time hahaha!

pintsize
1072 posts
If anyone traps one of those coffee fairies I would be keen on one ;)
I am glad to be on the end of the whole chickenpox and flu saga we have had here for the last month and a bit... so a spoiler I will take... if BR is involved it will be the best ever!! take my money now!

xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
That's awesome news Pintsize! I'm so glad your little one is feeling better, now you can sleep again :P Unicorns reunited at last! hahahah ;-)
First Lady
957 posts

Haha I only said it could be a spoiler.  It's not like I'm River Song and know everything that's going to happen...

ooo, except for...

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!