Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

21 posts, 11 members
MareeB
5244 posts
Have you developed a bald spot Amy?
Macs
5351 posts
Huh whats happened here :0 I can't read amys post. 
Head Pixie
569 posts
Ok, that's weird. Threads can't be deleted by anyone but us - and we haven't. GREMLINS! Sorry, Amy - feel free to repost   xoxo
MareeB
5244 posts
I thought it might be Amy's Friday prank :)
Emily-jane
314 posts
LOL
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dunno what this is about but I bet its great! I have a few bald spots in my eyebrows... lucky my brows are slightly bushy lol
MareeB
5244 posts
I thought I was plucking the outside of mine by accident Shaz, cos they were disappearing every now and then, and sometimes I'd have only one short one  - eeeek!. Turns out it's a symptom of thyroid issues. Why would that make the ends of your eye brows fall out?? really?? why??? who knows, but it does!!!!
Artemis
311 posts
Thats interesting, Maree,  I didn't know that about thyroid issues!
MareeB
5244 posts
It gets worse Artemis, adrenal and/or liver issues can cause pubic and armpit hair loss!!! stress and drinking are worse for us than we thought!!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree some of us spend good money getting that hair removed!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Holy heck! I wrote a large thread today about this bald spot I have found at the back of my head and I clicked the button to post it and got a data error message. I checked the forum and it wasn't there!

Any whom, yes I have developed a bald spot, wahhhhh :( but I'm pretty sure it's my own doing. I'm forever wearing a Mum bun to stop the young one from grabbing my hair. Yesterday as I curled my hair I grabbed the mirror to check the back and Hello! Bald spot :( What can I doooo? :( I want to wear my hair out.
MareeB
5244 posts
It might be worth a chat to your Dr Amy, and maybe some blood tests. The busy life of a Mum can sometimes deplete the poor tired body of essential nutrients!

True dat Soozie, but sadly it just falls out in patches, if it would just all fall out, well, that'd be a win!

It really does show how much our hair (all over us)  is a barometer for our health though.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Maree I might just do that. After you mentioning the thyroid thing. Earlier this year a plunket nurse wanted me to get tested to see if I had thyroid issues because she thought it may of been the reason I had to give up breastfeeding.
Macs
5351 posts
Funny you bring this thread up. My hairs falling out badly. But I still have a thick frizzy beast of hair. I don't seem to have patches. I agree that a visit to the gp would be a good idea. I've been well overdue for a visit myself.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Macs how annoying! I wonder why it's falling out? Mine goes through stages and mine falls out before summer, almost like it's shredding the winter fro lol.
I will definitely book myself an appt :)
MareeB
5244 posts
I hope you are both fine. You probably both need a holiday :)
Kimrose
1419 posts
My hair went through a faze of falling out. I have always had short hair but have been letting it grow for a couple of years so now is shoulder length. It seems like more is falling out now, but then I wonder if I didn't notice it so much when it was short?! I trialed a L'Oréal shampoo and conditioner which was amazing. It is the one in the black bottle with hot pink writing. I used it 3 times a week with really good results.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Defintiely go to your GP. Tying hair up the same way in the same place can stress it though. Maybe try plaiting it instead to keep it off your face?
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yes some what overlooked, but apparently it can happen if you are wearing the same hairstyle every day, unless you're wearing it down. I know someone who loves hats and been wearing them every day for over a decade and now there's a spot on their head that doesn't look the best. I used to wear the same type of braid every day till I heard about this. If you like your bun you can still wear it just put on a different place on your head so your hair isn't getting tugged in the same spot every day. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Hmmm, see, I've always wondered, what came first, the bald spot or the hat? or are they working in tandem????
Emily-jane
314 posts
Sorry Amy I thought this was a joke thread. Definitely book an appointment to see your GP. I had a lot of hair fall out from stress before before but never had any bald spots.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!