Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Wintery scents

24 posts, 13 members
MissQT
1547 posts
What are you favourite fragrances to wear in winter? I have a lot of summery perfumes (that I still wear in winter) and would love to know what scents you all love to wear in the winter.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I usually go lighter in summer and a little heavier in winter... been loving the Roberto Cavalli Exotica that I got for Xmas lately and just won Valeur Absolues Serenitude from BR and thats crisp and is suiting winter atm too
My current overall fave is Victoria's Secret Bombshell; am just using the body mist atm.
MareeB
5250 posts
I wear the same ones regardless of season - Red Door, Opium, Kama, and Pacific Godess. I can't wait to try some new fragrances but I have to use up the ones I have first!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I don't really change my scents to fit the season mainly I do it to suit my moods. So I have an array of different types
Macs
5351 posts
For winter I would go for high end J'adore and Dolce and Gabbana The one. Low end I would go for Lady Gaga and Rebel Fleur by Rhianna.
Rezee
1964 posts
I think I tend to choose more lighter scents in summer, especially sweet ones. I'll still wear the same in winter but I feel like its easier to wear more heavier scents than.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I wear the same perfumes rain, hail, or shine, summer or winter. Partly because i can not afford to own heaps of perfumes, and partly because i love the perfumes i own! My top three have to be Flowerbomb, Black Opium and The one by Dolce & Gabanna!
MissQT
1547 posts
I really want to try black opium! Mai have a friend who wears it and it smells amazing. I've only just started to get into perfume (previously only had one perfume until about three months ago) so that's why I tend to wear the same perfumes all year round. Plus the fact that I can't afford many high end ones all at once, so I need to save up. The ones I have are more fruity and lighter, but I think I want something deeper for winter. The last one I got was daisy dream, which I quite like because it has musky tones.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Black Opium is amazing MissQTand i reccomend spraying it as a tester before buying it because just because it smells good on someone else does not mean it will smell good on you! As for only having a few perfumes.. although it is nice to have more than one option, if you have a great perfume, you only really need one!
MissQT
1547 posts
yes I definitely agree, perfumes react differently on different skin. It smelt amazing in her which is why I am intrigued to try it myself. I am happy with the few perfumes I have at the moment but would like to slowly build my collection to have a but more variety, scent wise, so I have different option for daytime, night time, special occasions etc.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I have quite a large perfume collection. I pick what I wear depending on my mood. Even if I need to change my mood I find a spritz can do that. I have the black opium for more moody adult type situations. Marc Jacobs 3 dots for day, a few light bright sweet ones for fun etc.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't think I have a 'winter specific' perfume, I just wear whatever I like. Some are definitely lighter than the others, so on rainy days I wear the heavier ones without even realizing! 
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I love my hypnotic poison what ever weather or situation, I just cannot get enough,

I smelled YSL black opium in store yesterday on chikoboo's recommendation,

I love it, want to save some pennies to buy it now,

Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have never smelt hypnotic poison but seems to be one that is a favourite! I can't reccommend black opium enough. But i will say it is so expensive. I think i paid $115 for 30 mls, which is a tad ridiculous
trudijoy
8375 posts
the big bucket sale nearly sucked me in several times today to buying more perfume hehe.  I opted for two samples in the end ($2 each) - Miss Dior and J'adore Dior.  LOVE
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
$2 perfume samples? That is amazing. I think you showed some serious restraint only getting 2
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm showing even more by not going back lol BinaryBeauty.  I also walked away from the W7 palettes (only $12 but the BR reviews didn't look that good) and Victoria's Secret Bombshell Lotion (Bombshell is my fave but I have so much lotion atm and can go to VS in Aussie next month).  Oh, and also I didn't get any lip products haha.  In the end I got two Rimmel eye crayons @ $3 each, an LA Colors liquid eyeliner for $2, a Maybelline gel liner pen for about $7 and a Baby Lips lipbalm which was about $3.  None of which I needed lol.
MissQT
1547 posts
Miss Dior is another one I've wanted to try. Those perfume samples sounds good Trudi, I'll have to look out for them at the next big bucket sales.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've obviously only sprayed it once so far lol but I do think the Miss Dior may well be lovely!
MissQT
1547 posts
last time I went I spent over an hour in there, and still went back a couple days later too in case I "missed" anything haha. I'm always so indecisive though. And nothing I buy from those sales is what I "need" haha.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Having just done an Asian haul and less than two months from a Sydney one made it easier to restrain myself.. . it's usually unheard of for me to part with such a small sum in there :p
Pifithrin
1243 posts
YSL Cinema. It's warm and sexy and one of my signature scents.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I tried Black Opium today and it smelt soo good! But then I noticed about 2hours after applying it that I couldn't smell it on myself anymore. So weird, I've never had a scent dissipate that quickly. So I guess I won't be picking it up! 

The scent I've worn the most this winter has to be Nicki Minaj Onika, it's just so warm and delicious. 
Mostly Dita von Teese by Dita von Teese but once I get my hands on it, it'll be Lady Vengeance by Juliette has a Gun.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!